• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario Discussion Thread Part 3

Eh. A better feat is Sunshine Mario being able to reform his scattered parts in Sunshine and doing a little stunt to the camera at times proving he's in at least some control. That feat you mentioned is a fancy animation for a pipe, and the pipe itself is what does the reconfiguring from the looks of it.

Also, Bowser should def have resistance to Empath/Mind Manip on a large scale because Yoshi's Story had Baby Bowser transmute Yoshi's Island plus stars into a story book and when in possession of the happy tree the Yoshi's were all happy and capable, but without it, the other Yoshi's grew sad and stewed about as well as the sun looking to even dim and grow dour. Being in close proximity to the Tree and eating it's fruits could cause immense happiness but Baby Bowser talks about how the fruit tasted rotten to him. This tree could produce Heart Fruit which enabled the Yoshi's to gain abilities that powered them up from sheer happiness as well. This tree has some pretty potent Empath/Emotion Manip and Baby Bowser thought it tasted rotten.

In Japan, if you collect 1000 Coins in Bowser in thr Dark World, things that usually kill you will add to your 1-Up counter and things that give extra lives will lower the counter.

Also, Prankster Comets in Galaxy can alter entire galaxies by causing time to speed up as well as making Mario's health lower. These Comets are linked to Power Stars as you need to complete their "challenges" to get rewarded with a Power Star, i.e. the Comet's manipulating the laws of the galaxies that Mario has to try and get through as a test of his skill. I do think this classifies as Law Manipulation, which Mario with Power Stars/Power of the Stars can probably resist. Collecting the Power Star negates the Comet's effects and completely dispels it, a Luma (of whom the species can become Power Stars) could make these comets appear and disappear as well. He can make these effects happen in galaxies or cause them to cease, and these Comets can passively change how the laws in a Galaxy work so I think that's proof enough. This should also give Power Stars another ability. Power Stars being able to effect how a World's properties work was also consistent in 64, with how entering specifics paintings or at specific points or elevations could effect how a level appears or functions when you first go into them. Tiny Huge exists in a sort of duality where it can only be huge or tiny but also is both at once and you can pick which size you want, Tick Tock Clock's concept of time varies depending on where you enter it in relation to the hands of the clock (where the whole world's time is stopped, slowed, or can be accelerated, and Wet Dry World's water levels can automatically adjust to whatever elevation you enter the painting in despite mechanisms existing that can do that.

But maybe I'm misinterpreting or something. I do think it's at least a possibility though.

He'd maybe get resistance because he was able to complete the challenges. Game mechanics isn't enough to write it off, as Rosalina herself even says they're strange things that have odd effects on galaxies. And Mario waa able to fucntion normally despite an entire galaxy having it's speed double or quadrupled, or how he was able to fight bosses with a single health bar and win despite the odds. The fact they can completely change how a galaxy functions and can make new things happen within them should be at least enough for Law Manipulation to be listed as an ability of the Power Stars. And collecting a Power Star completely reverts the effects of the comet that spawns it as well as a Luma being able to negate a comer by making it disappear or can cause these effects by making them appear, and a Luma can become a Power Star. Collecting enough Power Stars is also related to what causes these Comets to appear in the first game.

Also, willpower manipulation could be given to Bowser's Minions as a whole due to the Spirit stat being capable of affecting how often a character uses a Special Skill, which definitely fits the bill for Willpower Manip in that it causes a bunch of people to feel more inclined to perform an ability and also enables Minions of a high enough spirit, i.e. Willpower to resist the effects of Fawful's mind control gas.

Power Stars might also have Power Mimicry due to the Comets they hail from and are responsible for being capable of creating cosmic clones of Mario and Luigi with their skill set. Comets can also inflict death if Mario fails the challenge they present, as losing a race to the Cosmic Mario's or Luigi's it creates will cause you to die.

We've also seen that failure to complete missions to collect Power Stars in games like 64 would have an end result of the entire world of inhabitants becoming monsters, and a quote fron the official guide that had the possible Low 2-C statement also said that the other possibility would be Bowser making Peach, the Toads, and everyone else into zombies, which falls in line with Power Stars being able to cause Death and negate those effects. Hell, there are even a few quotes in-game of the Power Stars bringing life back to the castle as well, and collecting them does completely heal Mario, so being able to effect the vitality of things is a consistent ability.

Power Stars also can power the machines and bosses that used to have a Grand Star in them when certain Comets are in orbit, and the dialogue of them talking about Grand Stars stays the same, so this could be time manipulation since it appears you're set back in time to fight the bosses again, but the levels are different and they talk of having Grand Stars when beating them only grants a Power Star as per the Comet's influence, so maybe possible plot manipulation or whatever altering history is called? They also are responsible for the dark matter that erases people in the Boomsday Machine's Daredevil Run

Also, how would we treat the Sundream Stone? It's another artifact that can make people's dreams come true and Baby Bowser gets amped by it completely yet Yoshi can fight him and win. Is this quantifiable? We consider dreams universe-sized so that's why I'm curious.

I'm actually very curious on what people think about Jr. having technological manipulation/technopathy. Throughout his many fights and seen with many vehicles, he's seemingly able to just stand around while his vehicles and machines fucntion seemingly without any buttons to input. In Sunshine, he summons Mecha Bowser from beneath the pool and floats over top of where he summons it, he can relax in his cozy cockpits in Galaxy and the mechs are capable of doing exactly what he wants them to, he can gesture and a floor will fall or the mechanical hand in NSMBU will mimick him and perform an action, and his Clown Car is very synchronized with his gestures and movements but he also can act independently too. In fact, many cases of the Clown Cars being piloted seem to show the pilot simply standing and not actually performing any controls. Iggy for example in Jr.'s Journey specifically has his hands on the rim of the vehicle but yet he's able to have it bash into people and move as well as stay stationary, and this one doesn't even have the eyes or face so it's not like it was sentient or an A.I. because you could make cases for that. But like, the Koopaling in NSMB2 all crowd the vehicle, holding their Wands in hand but the Clown Car is able to fly on it's own. The vehicles having sentience makes some sense, but how does it know where the user wants to go unless it's linked with the pilot somehow? This could give everyone possible limited technopathy. And the funny part if that Jr. in Jr.'s Journey DOES have a small remote thing with which he can summon a Clown Car, so you CAN operate these vehicles remotely, but in every case we've seen they don't need one.

This is something I've always wanted clarification on and to discuss with people.

Foxthefox1000 said:
I'm actually very curious on what people think about Jr. having technological manipulation/technopathy. Throughout his many fights and seen with many vehicles, he's seemingly able to just stand around while his vehicles and machines fucntion seemingly without any buttons to input. In Sunshine, he summons Mecha Bowser from beneath the pool and floats over top of where he summons it, he can relax in his cozy cockpits in Galaxy and the mechs are capable of doing exactly what he wants them to, he can gesture and a floor will fall or the mechanical hand in NSMBU will mimick him and perform an action, and his Clown Car is very synchronized with his gestures and movements but he also can act independently too. In fact, many cases of the Clown Cars being piloted seem to show the pilot simply standing and not actually performing any controls. Iggy for example in Jr.'s Journey specifically has his hands on the rim of the vehicle but yet he's able to have it bash into people and move as well as stay stationary, and this one doesn't even have the eyes or face so it's not like it was sentient or an A.I. because you could make cases for that. But like, the Koopaling in NSMB2 all crowd the vehicle, holding their Wands in hand but the Clown Car is able to fly on it's own. The vehicles having sentience makes some sense, but how does it know where the user wants to go unless it's linked with the pilot somehow? This could give everyone possible limited technopathy. And the funny part if that Jr. in Jr.'s Journey DOES have a small remote thing with which he can summon a Clown Car, so you CAN operate these vehicles remotely, but in every case we've seen they don't need one.
This is something I've always wanted clarification on and to discuss with people.
Could be possible. Where the feat at for the limited technopathy one?

Also, with the Magic Paimtbrush and his graffiti, a D.E.B.S. alert implies his graffiti was able to cut off their connection to other parts of the island, and his creations like the Electro Koopa could make the Ferris Wheel of an Amusement Park malfunction.

"...D.E.B.S. ALERT...Isle Delfino Police are investigating a possible connection between recent graffiti incidents and the loss of contact with Bianco Hills and Ricco Harbor..." —D.E.B.S., Super Mario Sunshine

So what does everyone think?

In Galaxy 2, Bowser was directly stated to be growing stronger throughout the game after you battle him the second time. Isn't this Accelerated Development and probably even more like Reactive Power Level?

Also, I know it's listed under her profile sort of, but Rosie should have TK with and without her forcefields as victory animations and even idle animations have shown her levitating a tennis ball in the air or a trophy she won. It should also be clarified her forcefields are an entension of her magic, and her magic can move things like the Comet Observatory at MFTL+ speeds as well as assemble a small castle-like building that wasn't previously there, though this may possibly be matter manip. Light Manipulation as she can make herself have a blinding light around her also is a thing. Actually, why doesn't she have Size Manipulation and Large Size? In the ending of Galaxy she's clearly not an astral projection as she's not transparent and all but she's like Giant Bowser's size.

Foxthefox1000 said:
In Galaxy 2, Bowser was directly stated to be growing stronger throughout the game after you battle him the second time. Isn't this Accelerated Development and probably even more like Reactive Power Level?
Thats possibly true

Regarding this blog, is the 27,613,380,812,510,300 c end accepted? Cuz I'm pretty sure they'd be 27 quadrillion c, which kinda conflicts with Rosalina's profile stating she's only trillions.

I'm 90% sure the 76 trillion c end was accepted. Also wow, didn't realise the part about her being far superior to Grand Star Bowser wasn't removed after her downgrade.

Yeah, but a lot of feats and statements corroborate quad c. I posted the Green Comet feat above that scattered Green Power Stars across the universe with the event taking a full 12.75 seconds to complete itself, and the Green Comet itself travels across the Worlds in Galaxy 2 in mere seconds, and Lumas can become Comets as well aa Power Stars and Mario should scale to the Power Stars and their travel speed given he was able to manipulate his trajectory on a Grand Star to nab Peach, and Grand Stars are >> Power Stars. He also can get amped by Power Stars and would have their speed logically. There's also the fact that in Galaxy 1 he can travel from the Observatory to the "far corners/edge of the universe" when going to some galaxies according to the Prima guide. This is further corroborated by Galaxy 2's name for World 3 being "Far Reaches of the Universe" as well as the Japanese name of World 2 being "A New Space", with the kanji for "Space" also meaning "universe", and the quote "A New Space" would imply an entirely new space in the grand cosmic sense.

Suppprting feats would be Rosalina stating the Power Stars would allows Bowser's forces to discovwr the power to traverse the universe, Mini Stars returning to their places in the universe, and the Millennium Star crossing the universe. Additionally, The UFO Bowser uses to steal the castle also directly flies off fron the Earth and can later be seen flying around Peach's Castle at the Center of the Universe.

The update looks so good, especially the World Maker. A bit sad that SMB2 stuff isn't getting it's own theme but overall I'm happy with this last major update.

Same here. The Koopalings also get new abilities (or rather the ones who didn't have a unique thing before did). Roy can pull a Knuckles and tunnel into the ground and pop up in other places and Morton looks to retain his tremor ability, but it now has the added effect of propelling two lateral magic blasts on either side of him that both can ricochet off walls as well IIRC.

I'm curious as to what Iggy and Larry's abilities are, as Ludwig retains the multiple projectiles and flutter jump to make him stand out and Lemmy and Wendy were always unique from the rest. Iggy looks to retain his speed as he's the fastest caster, being able to get off two in one scene and the blasts are faster than his sibling's. He also looks to run and scuttle after Mario but I'm unsure if that's actually his unique traits.

So I just found out how ******* broken Supergaurd is for Mario. Not only does he harm you when you attack him, but he completely negates the side effects as well. Which includes fire manipulation, confusion, status reduction, dizzy, ice manipulation, size manipulation, time stop, poison, power nullification, sleep manipulation, and time stop. Some of this stuff I think he should have in base, but some of these can be new. Overall I think these should be added but specifically say it's via Supergaurd. And for those who don't know much about TTYD, Superguard is a move Mario can do to essentially parry your attacks, harming you, as well as basically negate projectiles. And no, it is not an item.

Back