• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario Discussion Thread Part 3

Apparently 4-A from scaling up from Base forms. It would make sense. But for the sites and people who don't have Paper Mario running under the same continuity we only have statements of the Queen and the Stars being able to destroy the world and build a new one (latter part is said by Grodus). And then if you want actual feats the Shadow Queen merely awakening literally shook the Earth. So even with downplay they should be High 6-A, possibly 5-B to others.

Foxthefox1000 said:
Apparently 4-A from scaling up from Base forms. It would make sense. But for the sites and people who don't have Paper Mario running under the same continuity we only have statements of the Queen and the Stars being able to destroy the world and build a new one (latter part is said by Grodus). And then if you want actual feats the Shadow Queen merely awakening literally shook the Earth. So even with downplay they should be High 6-A, possibly 5-B to others.
5B range mind manipulation is pretty haxxy

Mr.Cinos15 said:
I know that it's unlikely ever gonna happen, but is someone planning on making a scaling chain for the whole verse similar to this? https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Eficiente/Kirby:_Cosmology,_Explanations_%26_Misconceptions#-_Scaling_Chai
Good lord don't get me started. That series is as vague as Mario is iconsistent.

But back on topic, how would we treat Shadow Mario having created his underlings in Sunshine? In some cases creators scale up from their creation's abilities, and the Magic Brush is said to create wishes and Shadow Maeio appears to be made of some type of graffiti/liquid. Like, for example, the Boos he creates can become invisible and can shapeshift into coins and even clones of Shadow Mario. Would Shadow Mario be capable of doing the same thing since he can spawn graffiti easily and is made of a similar thing to the graffiti? In the latter's case we already have some proof he can shapeshift via him morphing from Mario's shape into Bowser Jr.'s shape. He also has inorganic physiology like the Wind Spirits he can spawn in Pianta Village as well, so him having their abilities isn't exactly contradicted.

NotAMarioFan(lol) said:
Foxthefox1000 said:
5B range mind manipulation is pretty haxxy
Planetary

He has Life Manipulation, Creation, and his Graffiti can drain Mario's life, is considered toxic, and is deadly. Many cases of you washing others off have them say "You saved me" and quotes from others talk about almost being a goner and how one Toad thought it was all over as everything went dark. We can also assume that's why there's a time limit in the episodes where you have to clean Sirena Beach and Pianta Village which has inhabitants sunken under the graffiti. He's also responsible for the Yoshi's who can dissolve in water or when depleted of "juice" and then regenerate into an egg. This is just a few of the abilities.

Anyways, I found a potential feat that can upgrade Mario's speed. The Green Comet at the end of Galaxy 2 travels across the World Map screen in seconds, and we see that it spreads the Green Power Stars all over the universe in what look to be seconds as well. It and the Power Stars spreading throughout or crossing World 5 in seconds alone is already Quad c by Cal's World 5 calc. This is also supported by Bowser spreading the Power Stars and his troops across the universe in a short timeframe in both games, the Comet Observatory being able to traverse the universe (with the high-end on the OBD of it's calc netting quad c results), the Millennium Star's feat of crossing the universe, the Mini Stars returning to their place in the universe and Bowser and Jr. flying relatively on par with them and reacting to them, and also the Lumas crossing the distance to the black hole in Galaxy 1 that was big enough to engulf the universe.

Also, in New Super Mario Bros. 2, with the help of a cannon, Mario could gain enough momentum to be able to warp to other worlds via dashing. Mario also can enter parallel worlds in SMB: The Lost Levels I believe as well, so a feat like that isn't restricted to a single occurrence.

Would love to hear thoughts on these.

That would make mario I the quadrillions pretty cool u should add it to the CTR and I agree with bowser jr having life_manipulation and creation he should have dimensional travel as well with the paintbrush

Oh yeah. Probs Extrasensory Perception and/or Clairvoyance as well due to being able to know exactly when and where Mario enters several portals and being able to intercept him within those portals.

What feats? The quad c stuff comes from scaling above the Green Prankster Comet that traveled across all of the unlocked worlds in seconds (> 5 actually) and scattering Green Stars across the universe.

They scale above them because Green Stars are functionally similar to Power Stars ans thus they should have the same speeds, but also a Luma could TK some Comets around if you asked them to shuffle Prankster Comets in the original Galaxy game, showing that even Lumas are capable of reacting to and manipulating the Prankster Comets, and now we know they can have quad c travel speed via the Green Comet. The Comet Observatory should also be faster or at least on par with it as well.

Screenshot 2020-04-16-18-09-16

I did the calculations. The spreading across the universe feat with the timeframe in the video and using the frames divided by frames per second of the video method, I got an end result of around 200+ quad c, with a low-end from the Comet zipping past World 5 in a second or two being 80 quad c to 900+ quad c due to it taking 6 frames of a 20 fps video to cross World 5, thus making the time it takes to cross .3 seconds.

GIF-200417 054730
Green Comet crosses Worlds in seconds

You might wanna put it in a blog.

Also, I think Power Stars might have Low 2-C feats. So, the paintings Bowser made are repeatedly to be stated as worlds, and have a day and night system like our world. That's the supporting evidence. It's stated that Bowser's paintings would've extended to reach out to the real world, along with the statement that he was going to encompass all of reality.

It's also stated that the Big Boo in Big Boo's Haunt apperantly comes from an extra-dimension, which should mean universe in this case.

Hm. Yeah, I can see it. Low 2-C wouldn't be that unbelievable.

I'm still trying to find Super Mario Sunshine's guide to see if I can find anything else for that game since it's so vague. And what do you know all the places I've checked either don't have it or want me to pay money. Of course it had to be Sunshine because almost every other GCN game in existence has an archived document for their guides.

Pretty sure that's already listed as a "possibly" though it also says Peach would be by his side the whole time so possible longevity for her as well.

Toad, to my knowledge, has never used a Power Star to empower himself. He's collected them, but specifically to aid Mario or just because it's treasure he merelt keeps a hold of.

So he doesn't exactly get the amps from them. However, via scaling and that feat I posted above, Mario characters can reach quad c now, maybe even 900 quad c. But with their current speed all it takes is one incarnation of Goku lol and Superman is a weird case because the wiki doesn't have him (Post-Crisis) higher than SS but he does have feats in the Tier 3 and 2 range. So yeah. Weird question though lol

DBZ Manga Goku gets completely destroyed by Toad, but in return Toad gets completely destroyed by DBS Goku.

It takes a God/Anime Filler to kill Toad. Praise be to Toad

Foxthefox1000 said:
It's funny that Papwr Mario makes Mario able to casually solo DBS and all canon Gokus.
What's even more funny is that only 4 versions of Superman stand a chance against Paper Mario, not even Pre-Crisis can beat him.

That's just a fancy form of telepathy/mind manip, and wouldn't affect the void since that was never stated/implied to erase all concepts too. Bowser wasn't unaffected, but still survived it.

That's on the profile but listed as resistance to radiation. But I agree it should be clarified better.

You have a coin with a design of a dinosaur on it, right? Then, you physically hold it and make that dinosaur desing change into a woman without altering the shape of the coin. Is this an instance of Transmutation or Matter Manipulation? I legit have a hard time discerning between the abilities sometimes. Like technically transmuatation does involve altering the molecules of things so that's why this is like a blurred line kind of feat.

Ah alright. Yoshi performs that feat. Funny part about that transmutation feat is that him turning a Dinosaur Coin into a Peach Coin changes all of the Dinosaur Coin designs throughout the game. Perhaps extended hax range upgrade? Super Mario World has been depicted in posters and adverts and such as encompassing the whole globe, too. He also resists the spell Bowser/Kamek casts on the Yoshi's in Tetris Attack, so I dunno why resistance to mind manip isn't already listed. He also can still aim properly under hallucinogens and can somewhat resist an enemy who can scramble your controls I believe in New Island IIRC. This also means Cappy's possession hax scales above the spell in that game which I think we agreed was planetary in range? Even then, Bowser and Kamek's range has never been less than country-sized so still impressive.

Back