• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario and Luigi speed

Only if the calc team finds it alright and reasonable to use. If evaluated and passes, it can be done.

Though even then, that depends on what others say of this feat.

So far, The Real Cal Howard says that it seems legit. No members of the Calc group have responded yet though.

Just a reminder, this is not base speed. It requires the Cannon to work.

Only Mario and Luigi. Enemies don't appear to be able to react to them when this skill is used.

There's a good chance that Starlow and Dreambert are blasted by the cannon as well, seeing as they're always shown to be with Mario, but neither of them have pages anyway, so it doesn't matter.

No. It's just simply a speed value for Mario and Luigi given access to the Bye Bye Cannon, and no-one else can scale.

I think it should scale to anyone who has MHS reactions actually (Peach, Toad, Bowser), as they scale to Mario's MHS feat in the first place when no one but Luigi can replicate in the game.

Mario's Speed section will likely display something like this:

Massively Hypersonic at base (Capable of dodging lightning), Sub-Relativistic with the Bye Bye Cannon (can circle the Earth in less than seven seconds), and Massively FTL+ with the Launch Star (can quickly travel between different galaxies).

Luigi's will probably be much the same.

Looks like I was ninjaed. Seeing as Mario and Luigi are the only characters able to use the Bye Bye cannon, I'd doubt it, but assuming that they could use it, they probably could scale.

Their reactions (and therefore combat speed) scale because they're capable of doing actions (doing their signature stomp and directing themselves towards the enemy) while in that motion.

I actually believe that enemies are incabable of reacting to Mario and Luigi in that particular game. Mario and Luigi can react to any and all enemy attacks, but enemies don't appear to be capable of reacting to their attacks, seeing as they just stand there and take it, with the exception of using the Hammer on flying enemies. I remember Dark Fawful being able to dodge Bowser's attacks in BIS given his headgear, but I'm not sure if any enemies can do it in DT.

Maybe. Personally, I'm a bit skeptical when it comes to speed scaling, especially when certain speeds require particular setups. I remember that during the first boss fight with Bowser in Dream Team, he didn't react to any of Mario's Attacks (and you aren't even able to use the cannon in that fight, seeing as it's set in the Dream World). I haven't beaten the game yet, so I don't know if Dreamy Bowser is able to or not, but I'd wager he just stands there and lets himself get hit like every other enemy and boss in the game.

If staff members agree with the scaling, though, I suppose that that's that.

I guess. I'm just skeptical because no characters are shown to be able to react or dodge Mario and Luigi like that, and no characters other than Mario and Luigi are shown to be able to use the cannon.

I understand where you're coming from. I'm just saying that while the cannon is the catalyst for the speeds, the reason its a speed feat was because they have made reactions while being shot out, similar to the Launch Star.

I just now read your section on how Mario and Luigi are able to direct themselves and stomp even when like that. I guess that that means that anyone with comparable reactions to Mario and Luigi can have reaction speed scaled. However, I still don't think movement speed can scale.

EDIT: Ninjaed

So that means that Peach, Yoshi, Toad, and Bowser can have Reaction speed at Sub-Rela, while movement speed remains the same?

That makes sense.

If this is approved, I guess that someone will probably need to incorporate this then.

Back