• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marcy Wu vs Matheus Johan Weiss

Peppersalt43

They/Them
ALTERNATE TITLE: LOYALTY TO THE CORPS

Everyone has always been using Tanya. Nobody ever realizes that there are other people in her verse that are significantly less broken and usable for more general matches.

Unless of course they're secretly OP and the supporters just forgot to add it. But I have faith in @DontTalkDT, I think
● ------------------------------------- ●
It was an ominous sight all around to witness. The sky dark with pollution, the rhythmic marching of the soldiers, the occasional sound of explosives and gunfire. It was all a sensory nightmare for Marcy who had been fidgeting nervously in the corner as Ironwood was speaking to one of the soldiers. The two ended it off with a salute before the general returned for his teammate.

"Well, First Lieutenant Weiss has agreed to spar with you... I'm not going to get used to saying that name" Ironwood explained before noticing the state of the rose on Marcy's shirt. It appeared to be slightly withered and glancing at his own rose, he found it withered as well which is an intriguing phenomenon.

"So what does this occurrence mean? I've never seen it work this way" Ironwood asked.
"Well for some reason, Charlie has maintenance breaks. Funny right? A god needing to take breaks?" Marcy explained "But yeah, I've tested it before. Said things while it's withered, Charlie doesn't notice. She usually does these whenever she thinks I'm asleep. And now that you're here, it's all messed up now".

"Hmm, and are its effects still present?".
"Sadly so. It's the usual, anyone that tries to remove it feels the pain...".

"Wait, just the remover?" Ironwood asked, an idea appearing in his head.
"General, it doesn't matter what you're using to bridge the gap. I've used robot hands and chemicals and every time, it always hurts me. Your arms aren't gonna-" Marcy explained but it was too late.

The moment the rose was grabbed, vines shot up past Ironwood's metal hands, immediately flaying the flesh of his chest or at the very least, inflicting a sensation similar to it. Marcy knew this all too well and at this point, she'd wince in pain, maybe release her grasp, try to reason with the one responsible for this misery and yet... the general wasn't letting go. In fact with some readjustment, his expression returned to its previous stern state, his stance unwavering and for just a moment, his eyes flashed brightly.

With a powerful tug, the rose was ripped off Marcy's being along with any connection it had. The two stared at the flower in disbelief as it laid on Ironwood's metal hand, completely inactive. It would've been so easy to crush here and now yet they knew that for the sake of their safety, they wait. Luckily, it was still able to bond with the ranger after the detachment and the two slumped down from this riveting and exciting discovery.

"Th-This is amazing! We have a chance to be free! General, this is-" Marcy trailed off.
"Ms. Wu, please..." Ironwood replied "You can call me James".

"Wait, I thought only your friends call you that?" the ranger asked, taking a second to realize the implications which gave "Really?! I mean, thank you! Well now that we're on a first name basis, you should probably call me Marcy. But...".
"But what?" the general asked in confusion.

"My friends and I tend to use nicknames for each other. I for example go by Mar-Mar. Do you have a nickname, James?".
"Well, one of my... friends, called me Jimmy... I'm uncomfortable with that though. He was amongst those damned traitors. Apologies, Marcy".

"Nah, it's fine. It's good to set boundaries. Also hey, the guy's here" Marcy pointed out, noticing a group of soldiers marching their way "Wish me luck, James!". As the ranger marched away to the battlefield, Ironwood turned his attention to the rose on his coat, still withered which earned him a smile.

"I hope you haven't forgotten our deal".

• 9-A versions used
  • Speed equalized
  • Place Located in: Omaha Beach
440px-Omaha_Beach_Nowadays.jpg

VS
3f929b4f78fee6e0b7c274c24b28b072eb8a5496.png

Last edited:
The only question is how good Weiss' flight is and how he uses it during battle. Illusion Creation is useless here as Marcy knows low-tier illusions and is good at dealing with decoys. Weiss' arsenal is inferior to Marcy's.

Last edited:
Well, as part of Tanya's group, and her 2nd in command at that, he is one of the best flight mages in the empire. Every long-surviving member of her group is considered an ace. So his flight is pretty good.

I'm not sure about the illusion thing being useless. For one, if we scale of Tanya who taught them this strategy, then it should be able to fool your average mage who are supposed to be able to see through illusions as well.
Aside from that, it's also not like she has time to calmly focus. This is a battle where she has to decide reflexively in a split of a second what to shoot and what to defend against. Being able to fool her for just a moment can already make a big difference.

Well, as part of Tanya's group, and her 2nd in command at that, he is one of the best flight mages in the empire. Every long-surviving member of her group is considered an ace. So his flight is pretty good.

I'm not sure about the illusion thing being useless. For one, if we scale of Tanya who taught them this strategy, then it should be able to fool your average mage who are supposed to be able to see through illusions as well.
Aside from that, it's also not like she has time to calmly focus. This is a battle where she has to decide reflexively in a split of a second what to shoot and what to defend against. Being able to fool her for just a moment can already make a big difference.
Average "knowledgeable members' explanation is more detailed than the profile itself" moment.

Maybe I'll leave other people to determine the winner.

If no one else will, then I'll read the profiles, though I'll also need to know what would both combatants do in character here since that's also a factor.
Weiss will fly, set up illusion decoys, dodge where it's possible and... well, shoot the opponent.

If no one else will, then I'll read the profiles, though I'll also need to know what would both combatants do in character here since that's also a factor.
Marcy mostly utilizes her crossbow and bombs for offense

For defense she has insta-vines and an oil bag to create trails of fire to take cover on or area denial

Oh, and she has a giant bird mount she can summon and ride on

Last edited:
Marcy’s advantages: AP & ST, Genius Intelligence, more versatile equipment & a berd extremely stronger than Matheus with air manip, Acrobatics, Construction. Weaknesses: Clumsy & potentially careless

Matheus’ advantages: LS (likely nigh-irrelevant since this is a ranged match), possibly stamina, possibly higher range attacks, Marksmanship, Illusion Creation, Flight, Stat Amp (not high enough to blitz her). Weaknesses: usually uses passive barriers, as active ones drain a lot of mana

I presume "months" mean at least 2 months of prep time. In that time Marcy would be capable of planning something decent or elaborate even if her knowledge is mostly on Amphibia.

She would know that she's up against someone with millitary experience, decoy illusions, & have possibly more stamina (since Tanya's superhuman in stamina/brutal? I'm not certain here). She would plan various & even the best ways to beat him, & try to develop ways to take cover since bullets are smaller & thus harder to dodge than arrows.

She could trick him into going into an area where she would deploy her planned buildings & try to distract him with explosions. Then she could use her more versatile equipment against Matheus (like her stinkshrooms & crossbow). Since she knows that an overwhelming AP could drain Matheus of his abilities, she could summon her frickin bird friend to one-shot Matheus' shield or reveal many decoys. Sparrow is significantly more durable & could be used as cover, he can also participate in Marcy plan too.

Matheus does have many open wincons due to Marcy's clumsiness & potential carelessness, though with that amount of time I think a couple of hours a day of preparation over a couple of months would result in a relatively decent plan at least to decrease chances of failure.

What does everyone think? If it's conclusive, I'm leaning to Marcy since she has many versatile options.

Marcy’s advantages: AP & ST, Genius Intelligence, more versatile equipment & a berd extremely stronger than Matheus with air manip, Acrobatics, Construction. Weaknesses: Clumsy & potentially careless

Matheus’ advantages: LS (likely nigh-irrelevant since this is a ranged match), possibly stamina, possibly higher range attacks, Marksmanship, Illusion Creation, Flight, Stat Amp (not high enough to blitz her). Weaknesses: usually uses passive barriers, as active ones drain a lot of mana

I presume "months" mean at least 2 months of prep time. In that time Marcy would be capable of planning something decent or elaborate even if her knowledge is mostly on Amphibia.

She would know that she's up against someone with millitary experience, decoy illusions, & have possibly more stamina (since Tanya's superhuman in stamina/brutal? I'm not certain here). She would plan various & even the best ways to beat him, & try to develop ways to take cover since bullets are smaller & thus harder to dodge than arrows.

She could trick him into going into an area where she would deploy her planned buildings & try to distract him with explosions. Then she could use her more versatile equipment against Matheus (like her stinkshrooms & crossbow). Since she knows that an overwhelming AP could drain Matheus of his abilities, she could summon her frickin bird friend to one-shot Matheus' shield or reveal many decoys. Sparrow is significantly more durable & could be used as cover, he can also participate in Marcy plan too.

Matheus does have many open wincons due to Marcy's clumsiness & potential carelessness, though with that amount of time I think a couple of hours a day of preparation over a couple of months would result in a relatively decent plan at least to decrease chances of failure.

What does everyone think? If it's conclusive, I'm leaning to Marcy since she has many versatile options.
I agree. A month's prep is clearly enough for the impaled to do many useful things.

The Girl Who Gives You EVERYTHING FRA.

DT is not gonna like this. Let's just wait for them first, they probably have a big essay to address this
I agree, an outside perspective eases the accuracy of things.

Edit: On a side note, I forgot about the lieutenant intelligence, like could a magical battlefield's worth of experience give the lieutenant knowledge on traps? Has he survived some? At this point, fights like these just rely on what's likely going to happen, I'm no expert in either verses tbh.

Last edited:
I mean, booby traps are employed in the war, we know that much. Beyond that, not much is shown. Tanya's squad doesn't have too many individual feats tbh.

Honestly, it would be different with Tanya, but with a month of prep and prior knowledge for just Marcy I can see her winning.

Back