• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Maou Gakuin Discussion Thread

Random question (I'm curious about this).

Who would be the most skilled characters in a fight in MGK? It can be swordsmanship, hand-to-hand combat, etc.

I kind of haven't read Maou Gakuin yet (only about 5 volumes), but among the characters I know, I guess Shin, Celis and Anos are among the characters with great knowledge and skills in fighting.

Random question (I'm curious about this).

Who would be the most skilled characters in a fight in MGK? It can be swordsmanship, hand-to-hand combat, etc.

I kind of haven't read Maou Gakuin yet (only about 5 volumes), but among the characters I know, I guess Shin, Celis and Anos are among the characters with great knowledge and skills in fighting.
Shin, Lay, Celis, Eges, Nigit, Anos

I don't remember Eges and Nigit well, because they are good in fighting skills? And if you were to scale skills between them, how do you think it would look?
Shin, Lay, Celis, Eges, Nigit, Anos
Anos > Celis > Shin > Lay > Eges > Nigit in terms of swordsmanship and I'm not talking about power cuz obviously Silver sea shin and lay would be stronger and better than Celis but if they were equal (Celis, Shin and Lay) and we are only talking about swordsmanship skills then Celis negs.

In terms of hand to hand combat, it's pretty much the same.

I don't remember Eges and Nigit well, because they are good in fighting skills? And if you were to scale skills between them, how do you think it would look?
Nigit barely has any spot light. He's notable cause Anos said from among his subordinates 2000yrs ago, he's second only to shin when it comes to swordsmanship. As if that wasn't hype enough, the first time he's introduced, Anos tells Eges, one of the four evil kings second only to Anos, to not underestimate him. He then proceeds casually catch Eges immeasurable spear.
It's tough to scale them because Eges out stats and also beat him, also current Eges has further improved his skills while Nigit is currently reincarnating so i think Eges is far above him even in skill.

Anos > Celis > Shin > Lay > Eges > Nigit in terms of swordsmanship and I'm not talking about power cuz obviously Silver sea shin and lay would be stronger and better than Celis but if they were equal (Celis, Shin and Lay) and we are only talking about swordsmanship skills then Celis negs.

In terms of hand to hand combat, it's pretty much the same.
Naw in terms of swordsmanship Anos is dead last. He's ridiculously skilled but still he's bested by the likes of shin and lay.
It's tough to reliably say how skilled Celis was. The only thing we know is that in the world of Elenesia, he could already unleash the secrets of weapons, something Shin didn't discover until years after.
I'd say with all impunity that Elenesia Celis> Shin and Lay in terms of power, don't know about Lay with Evansmana. His casual attacks with his weapon's secret was on the level of <Ravia Neold Galvarizen> which could one shot parrignton's threads.

For some reason Lay stopped getting skill feats past arc 5-7, from then on at best they just let us know they're relative. Shin is a whole other beast, the last decent skill feat i remember Lay getting was fighting against 30 dragon knights who all had Nafta's future sight at the same time

Some of shins most notable feats off the top of my head;
  1. Can wield the Unique Sword Sigshesta which requires one to fully concentrate on only the sword otherwise it wouldn't cut an opponent which even Anos who is capable of performing over 100 parallel thoughts at once is unable to wield
  2. Could kill the Great water Spirit Liniyon without moving from his position, also cut and dispersed every individual drop off rain while still facing Anos
  3. Could fight against Nousgalia equally (after revisions it'll be 4-C vs 4-B).
  4. Dodged through a barrage of 1000 swords that are at least SoL while moving at Lightning speed
  5. Could kill Anahem severally despite him getting massively stronger each time (4-B vs High 3-A, possibly 2-A)
  6. Could neg layered HGR and resistance to HGR neg with skill (don't ask me how)
  7. His movements couldn't be seen by and confused an enemy (Zaimon, deeper layer inhabitant) who had far better Enhanced Senses, ESP, Instictive Reaction, Analytical Prediction than him, was massively faster than him
  8. Against another opponent who outscales Zaimon, would have far better senses than Zaimon as well, Massively stronger and faster than shin, has precognition + time manipulation that lowers the speed of attacks coming towards him by 50%, shin could easily keep up with him, pressure with pure skill and the opponent offered him a position in their world.

Nigit barely has any spot light. He's notable cause Anos said from among his subordinates 2000yrs ago, he's second only to shin when it comes to swordsmanship. As if that wasn't hype enough, the first time he's introduced, Anos tells Eges, one of the four evil kings second only to Anos, to not underestimate him. He then proceeds casually catch Eges immeasurable spear.
It's tough to scale them because Eges out stats and also beat him, also current Eges has further improved his skills while Nigit is currently reincarnating so i think Eges is far above him even in skill.
He caught Eges spear...

Naw in terms of swordsmanship Anos is dead last. He's ridiculously skilled but still he's bested by the likes of shin and lay.
So if you're ever going to add something to Anos' profile, you have to change the Weapon Mastery explanation, as it says he's as skilled as Shin.

I thought he was averagely on the same level as Shin because of the fight between them, since if I'm not mistaken, there are no statements about how good Anos is with swords (or skills), and that being the only feat I remember.

For some reason Lay stopped getting skill feats past arc 5-7, from then on at best they just let us know they're relative. Shin is a whole other beast, the last decent skill feat i remember Lay getting was fighting against 30 dragon knights who all had Nafta's future sight at the same time
Ye I am in that arc rn. In fact the I just finished that chao not too long ago, chapter 312 or so
Could neg layered HGR and resistance to HGR neg with skill (don't ask me how)
How.
When I posted my messages I actually thought about it but to be fair. Anos is faster than all of them and thus he would blitz them with a sword. So Anos would beat them in a swordfight due to his speed but if we are judging by pure skill then I guess shin or lay is better cuz Anos isn't rlly a sword guy. Only magic and stuff but Anos said that a sword fight between him and shin would be uncertain.
  1. His movements couldn't be seen by and confused an enemy (Zaimon, deeper layer inhabitant) who had far better Enhanced Senses, ESP, Instictive Reaction, Analytical Prediction than him, was massively faster than him
  2. Against another opponent who outscales Zaimon, would have far better senses than Zaimon as well, Massively stronger and faster than shin, has precognition + time manipulation that lowers the speed of attacks coming towards him by 50%, shin could easily keep up with him, pressure with pure skill and the opponent offered him a position in their world.
Bro give me the chapters for these. Also ur grammar bro..

1. So lay was faster than Zaimon even though Zaimon had wayyyy better hax and such.
2. Reword this statement properly plz.

His movements couldn't be seen by and confused an enemy (Zaimon, deeper layer inhabitant) who had far better Enhanced Senses, ESP, Instictive Reaction, Analytical Prediction than him, was massively faster than him
Isn't that the part where Shin manages to beat a deep layer habitant with sword skills alone? If I'm not mistaken, because of the effects that going to a deep world has on one's shallow layered body, Shin couldn't move his body very well, so it's stated that Shin was winning thanks to his sword skill.
Could neg layered HGR and resistance to HGR neg with skill (don't ask me how)
Wasn't supposed to ask... (although I'm also curious about how that's possible)

Last edited:
It's tough to reliably say how skilled Celis was. The only thing we know is that in the world of Elenesia, he could already unleash the secrets of weapons, something Shin didn't discover until years after.
I'd say with all impunity that Elenesia Celis> Shin and Lay in terms of power, don't know about Lay with Evansmana. His casual attacks with his weapon's secret was on the level of <Ravia Neold Galvarizen> which could one shot parrignton's threads.

Some of shins most notable feats off the top of my head;
  1. Can wield the Unique Sword Sigshesta which requires one to fully concentrate on only the sword otherwise it wouldn't cut an opponent which even Anos who is capable of performing over 100 parallel thoughts at once is unable to wield
  2. Could kill the Great water Spirit Liniyon without moving from his position, also cut and dispersed every individual drop off rain while still facing Anos
  3. Could fight against Nousgalia equally (after revisions it'll be 4-C vs 4-B).
  4. Dodged through a barrage of 1000 swords that are at least SoL while moving at Lightning speed
  5. Could kill Anahem severally despite him getting massively stronger each time (4-B vs High 3-A, possibly 2-A)
  6. Could neg layered HGR and resistance to HGR neg with skill (don't ask me how)
  7. His movements couldn't be seen by and confused an enemy (Zaimon, deeper layer inhabitant) who had far better Enhanced Senses, ESP, Instictive Reaction, Analytical Prediction than him, was massively faster than him
  8. Against another opponent who outscales Zaimon, would have far better senses than Zaimon as well, Massively stronger and faster than shin, has precognition + time manipulation that lowers the speed of attacks coming towards him by 50%, shin could easily keep up with him, pressure with pure skill and the opponent offered him a position in their world.
Celis is the only MF who caught disorder Scythe 😈.

Currently Shu only spamming random abilities for lay. Yeah his Swords skills are not displayed better. On the other hand Shin is Goated.

Bro give me the chapters for these. Also ur grammar bro..

1. So lay was faster than Zaimon even though Zaimon had wayyyy better hax and such.
2. Reword this statement properly plz.
I can't really remember the chapters, i don't think anything is wrong with how i worded it

I want to ask something I heard from someone that mgk author want to make anos one of the strongest anime character is that true?

I really watch some bullshit for sure like Saitama vs anos
Gojo vs anos
Hajun vs Saitama you take a guess who would win in this match 💀
Thor vs cosmic armour Superman
Kim dojka vs anos
Wangling vs anos and many more bullshits like that

Will the verse really be deleted from the wiki to start from 0 with LN? That looks interesting if it happens.

I can see some people off the wiki wondering what the hell happened to the verse in vs battle

Will the verse really be deleted from the wiki to start from 0 with LN? That looks interesting if it happens.

I can see some people off the wiki wondering what the hell happened to the verse in vs battle
Indeed it will be deleted and will be build up using the official translated LN.

where did you get this that the profile will be deleted?

Back