• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Midir wins this due to being more tanker and having more powerful moves as well as having physical fire and dark attacks compare to midir who only has dark attacks and physical which also has dark in it. Midir is resistance to dark and while manus has resistance to dark and fire he is not resistance to physical attacks. my vote goes to midir

Midir is already half corrupted. Being near Manus should be enough to fully corrupt it.

Manus passively wins.

i mean even if midir get's corrupted that wouldn't mean that he just dies or anythings he'll just do more darkness and stuff

Midir getting corrupted by Manus' abyss its the equivalent of being brainwashed.

Artorias got corrupted and see what happened.

I should point out Artorias already had resistance to the abyss and he turned into a monster. When the Chosen Undead tries to entire the abyss they die instantly (the four kings boss fight without Artorias' ring).

I'm pretty sure the corruption screws Midir.

actually you bring up a good point....how do they win this match? ko, death, brainwash? i would like to know what place it takes place in as well and how wal they are from each other.

Also since the fact that the chosen undead is able to fight manus with out any abyss ring then it's could be reason enough that dark eater midir won't actually be effected by Manus....even if he was able to do that we never seen him be able to do it during the battle and might take time to corrupt someone, plus artorias was just a human remember the reason why he got corrupted in the 1st place was because he used his shield's last power to protect sif from the darkness. Midir was made for eating the dark and well he did got croupted he lasted for thoungeds of years agaisnt the dark and even now it says that when we fight him he may only be half-corrupted so I don't really think that we have the info to know if manus can corrupt midir or not.

Artorias' ring is the reason the Chosen Undead can fight the Four Kings so I'm pretty sure Artorias did have resistance to the abyss when he fought Manus. Though I am kinda wondering if Manus' corruption scales to the Four Kings or not. It would seem super strange that the person who created the abyss would be less powerful with it than the people that were corrupted by the abyss, but the Four Kings are shown to instantly kill the Chosen Undead while Manus doesn't. Though I feel like that could be for gameplay reasons because lossing one of your two ring slots for Manus' fight would be annoying as hell.

Edit: I'm going to be right now, I just wanted to send this message before I forget about this thread.

Midir has been devouring the Dark for centuries, possibly millennia. I don't see him suddenly succumbing to Manus' presence. Lore wise, Midir has some of the best Dark resistance period. Add to that his superior range and I really think Midir takes this.

well lets go through this step by step

AP:

Manus has created the abyss with his sheer presence something midir has been fighting for eons but never could beat fully only hold it of this alone would mean that manus has slightly greater ap but we also have the fact that he took on artorias defeted him with relative ease (looking at the fact that manus is not damaged in anyway and artorias is trashed to absolute shit) and artorias is low 6B or in other words comerable to midir(unless midir gets uped to 4C along side manus in the near future) he later on takes on the chosen undead and sif

Versitility:

manus has greater versitility with he dark magic which will allow him to strike midir out of the sky with ease as well as keep on the offensive with his massive dark magic AoE from a range and with his attacks that lireally rain down the presuers form the sky as well the one that cirlce the full arena with them.

Skill:

While both of them seem to be animalistic and savage manus still has a greater edge here since he seems to be more of a beserker then a wild animal being able to best legendery knights(who where spesialised in fight the abyss) and it is seen in his fight unlike midir who seem to be flayiling all arond the arena throwing his weight around, manus used proper combos keeping the chosen undead in the air slaming him about like a rag doll, spining on a dime to get the chosen undead the second he gets behind manus useing his magic hand to close the distance as well as useing magic in a smart way: circiling the arena unleasheing a massive tide of dark magic when the chosen undead gets too close and raining it down unto the undead when he gets too far.

so all in all manus has all the advantages in this fight he wins 7- 8/10 mid diff

Midir only spammed his range once. Afterwards he almost always tried to get in close. However Midir's size advantage and aggressiveness, along with his resistance to the dark, gives him my vote. Though I can see why people would vote for Manus.

Keeweed said:
Midir only spammed his range once. Afterwards he almost always tried to get in close. However Midir's size advantage and aggressiveness, along with his resistance to the dark, gives him my vote. Though I can see why people would vote for Manus.
wait, you changed your vote ?

Keeweed said:
What are you talking about? 90% of his moveset is range. Dark Beams, Fire Breath, Midir only uses close combat when the Ashen One gets in under him and then he gets outta range pretty quickly.

He stays close enough that Manus would be able to hit them. The only time he used range non stop was when you first meet him. On the second bridge he stays within melee range for the whole fight, unless you try to run past him. In the final fight he constantly switches from melee to range.

Imo Manus wins after hitting half health (where he starts to spam Dark Magic). Dark Magic from Dark Souls 1 is fundamentally broken, he could one-shots a lot of bosses with it:

Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv71LZ1gUV8&t=3m59s

Thats like 12% of Midirs health right there. Dark sorceries in Ds1 deal both magical and physical damage. Midir is weak to physical damage and has medium dark resist so he gets hit neutrally. And Manus doesnt get put in a riposte state.

This is only gameplay wise lore-wise no idea, but they both seem to be 6-B. And this is also assuming the Ds1/Ds3 verse are roughly equal since theyre the same with time having passed.

YeahhBoyee said:
Imo Manus wins after hitting half health (where he starts to spam Dark Magic). Dark Magic from Dark Souls 1 is fundamentally broken, he could one-shots a lot of bosses with it:

Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv71LZ1gUV8&t=3m59s

Thats like 12% of Midirs health right there. Dark sorceries in Ds1 deal both magical and physical damage. Midir is weak to physical damage and has medium dark resist so he gets hit neutrally. And Manus doesnt get put in a riposte state.

This is only gameplay wise lore-wise no idea, but they both seem to be 6-B. And this is also assuming the Ds1/Ds3 verse are roughly equal since theyre the same with time having passed.
Gameplay has no bearing on this and DS1 and DS3 are literally the same verse just really far apart in terms of Age.

Back