• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Man literally too stylish to die Vs Man literally too angry to die

Now this is possible lol

- Both Low 7-B, DMC3 Dante Vs Doom Slayer

- Speed is equal

- Both are in character

- They start with 20 meters between them

The Doom Slayer:

The Devil Hunter:

The Inconclusive:

1-the absorption of the Doomguy I think it was after killing you iirc

2-super shotgun and several weapons eventually use hax if it gets in trouble

His weapons are Tier 9-8, he's Tier 7 physically

Dante resists Life Force Absorption I think ? Gotta check

Doom Slayer's AP comes from his own physical strength, his weapons are generally much weaker and when he realizes they don't work he will need to engage up close.

The Doom Slayer is tenacious and vicious, but without access to spheres I doubt he will be able to kill Dante.

Now, if he had access to spheres, I'd wager he would attempt to rush Dante and attempt to grab a hold on him, and if he does, he's going to crush Dante's perfect face in.

Not voting yet.

Invulnerability is a Durability Amp, Berserk is a massive AP amp, Quad Damage makes his Weapons do exactly what it says on the tin, and also his own strength, and Haste is a speed amp.

Only Berserk and Quad damage will be on use here since the issue is that Doomguy needs to get in close and crush Dante's head before Dante gets even remotely serious and starts pulling his hax.

Berseker is an AP Boost ? How ?

In game it makes every Demon "Glory Killable" but Doomguy can do that without it

Basically, this match is determined by how fast Dante will get serious vs How fast Doomguy realizes his normal weapons don't work and goes for Melee and then gets Berserk Sphere.

I can't really say any which way but DMC3 Dante is pretty fond of fooling around and Doomguy is pretty intelligent, likely enough to figure his weapons won't work before Dante gets serious.

The real issue is DT, which can be somewhat answered by the Berserk Sphere but not fully, especially with the Healing and Speed amp it grants.

Dante would be less inclined to be serious if he sees that his opponent's bullets are bouncing off him, he wouldn't think about Doom Slayer being a threat up until the second Doomguy drops his guns and begins ripping and tearing, but at that point it becomes Class 5 vs. a Class M and we know the road that's going down.

there is a bigger problem: quicksilver in case something goes wrong dante uses it with dt + dopperganger to overwhelm the DS

Abstractions said:
he wouldn't think about Doom Slayer being a threat up until the second Doomguy drops his guns and begins ripping and tearing, but at that point it becomes Class 5 vs. a Class M and we know the road that's going down.
They have somewhat comparable AP with Dante having the edge (lel) so him going bare hands is just enough to pull Dante back into the game in a serious mode also, if they start forcing upon each other then yeah, Doomguy will have an insane advantage that won't last long, Dante will try to get away from that once he gets overwhelmed and that means DT + hax.

Basically I vote for Dante, he will use hax sooner or later and with how he is so much of a show off that might be sooner than I think.

Tony di bugalu said:
They have somewhat comparable AP with Dante having the edge (lel) so him going bare hands is just enough to pull Dante back into the game in a serious mode also, if they start forcing upon each other then yeah, Doomguy will have an insane advantage that won't last long, Dante will try to get away from that once he gets overwhelmed and that means DT + hax.

Basically I vote for Dante, he will use hax sooner or later and with how he is so much of a show off that might be sooner than I think.
Depends how the Doom Slayer engages with his fists, if he goes for a grapple that just might be it as he tends to be really vicious. (See ripping an Imp's head off by peeling it in half)

Of course, DT and hax will remedy this, but Dante will be pretty shocked to find that the person that could not hurt him at all is suddenly about to kill him, he's used to not being killable at this stage.

Like KoS said, it's really a who goes for the throat first scenario.

>if he goes for a grapple that just might be it as he tends to be really vicious. (See ripping an Imp's head off by peeling it in half

Dante's dura prevents this (getting his head ripped and stuff like that), so its muda

> Dante will be pretty shocked to find that the person that could not hurt him at all is suddenly about to kill him

He never enters in shock when someone stronger is damaging him bar that time with Mundus and again, Dante's dura means he isn't getting his head ripped off at the moment he gets graped

>Like KoS said, it's really a who goes for the throat first scenario.

It really isn't tho, its more of a "can this guy kill the other one before he gets ******?"

Especially so when Dante has some nifty regen, Doom Slayer has no way to neg that so he needs to deal some really notable damage, and Dante has ridiculous stuff like the big DT amp and Quicksilver.

Dante's dura prevents this (getting his head ripped and stuff like that), so its muda

Depends if the Berserk Sphere is at play during the grapple, that would certainly make it easier.

Especially so when Dante has some nifty regen, Doom Slayer has no way to neg that so he needs to deal some really notable damage

Dante's regen wouldn't protect him from the level of maiming the Doom Slayer would do his face, its Mid but not the best kind, what makes it impressive is how fast it is.

>Depends if the Berserk Sphere is at play during the grapple, that would certainly make it easier.

Unless it's something crazy like a x7 amp or something along those lines he isn't ripping him off like paper

>Dante's regen wouldn't protect him from the level of maiming the Doom Slayer would do his face, its Mid but not the best kind, what makes it impressive is how fast it is.

Again, his dura saves his ass and even then, what makes you think that Dante would just stay there and let the guy overpower his ass like nothing? he would go DT and hax is ass like no tomorrow

Yeah, Doomguy FRA.

Doomguy's bullets don't do shit. Dante gets cocky. Doomguy amps and rips him apart with his vastly superior lifting strength.

@Tony Durability isn't going to mean as much against get ripped in half, that's really more of a lifting strength thing.

Are you guys seriously voting via Berserker Sphere ?

Something that doesn't have any stated multiplier to make Doom Guy surpass Dante's AP (Which is already superior) to the point of absolutely stomping him, even when he has Devil Trigger, something that makes him strong enough to one shot someone who is comparable to Dante's base level of power, as proved in the series

Like, by feats DT is even superior to the Berserker Spehere and it comes with passive Fear Hax (that Doomguy doesn't resist) and a explosion that would certanly avoid Doomguy's melee

No. I'm voting via Berserker Sphere, Quad Amps, and lifting strenght.

Again, AP has nothing to do with it. It's lifting strength. Ripping off limbs is lifting strength, not AP. It's not the same as punching his head off or something.

Literally the only reason Doomguy wins is because:

A. Dante is cocky (something the beginning of this fight would only reinforce because Doomguy's bullets would just bounce off)

B. Vastly superior lifting strength.

Dante is cocky ? Have you read his weaknesses section ?

He still has to overpower Dante's durability if he wants to take his limbs, the pressure of his fists and arms while trying to do so must be higher than Dante's Durability, and the hax I told you also helps here

Also, Vergil (who has comparable regen to Dante) was cut in half and healed quick enough to no get separated, and he was weakened at the time, that's why it is stated in his profile that his regen is instantaneous

Dante being cocky has gone unrefuted up to this point, so I assumed it was true. However, that doesn't change the fact that his opponents bullets are literally bouncing off of him. He has no reason to assume punches will fair any better.

4.09 vs 5. Amps will do the trick fine. And, again, it. Is. A. Factor. Of. Lifting. Strength.

In that case, I'm not even sure Doomguy can win. This feels stompy if ever6he can try gets regened.

Dante being cocky has gone unrefuted up to this point, so I assumed it was true. However, that doesn't change the fact that his opponents bullets are literally bouncing off of him. He has no reason to assume punches will fair any better.

Dunno why that happened, but okay, I understand

4.09 vs 5. Amps will do the trick fine. And, again, it. Is. A. Factor. Of. Lifting. Strength.

Not going to keep on the Lifting stuff as i'm not a expert for this, but about amps, Dante also has them, and with even better feats as it allows him to one shot people who were comparable to his base powers

In that case, I'm not even sure Doomguy can win. This feels stompy if ever6he can try gets regened.

Dante's head would be the best bet, his Mid regen only covers brain damage, not actual decapitation

As far as I am aware, being having low lifting strength doesn't equate having pretty much trash resistance to such energy. Otherwise we would just assume you get crushed to death by anything heavier than your lifting strength allows, regardless of your Dura.

Yea, Dante does it to throw off his enemies. If his enemy is comparable to him and doesn't get easily mad or is essentially mindless then Dante shuts up until either he has won or has an obvious advantage over the enemy. He'll quip in jest of a dire situation though it is to himself for the most part.

I think the point of the others is that Doom Guy's main guns are pea shoters that wouldn't even hurt Dante, so Dante would be thrown off by the dude's weapons being literally trash compared to himself, thing which he wouldn't expect at all.

Like, they are at best Tier 8 to his now Tier 7 fisticuffs.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
I think the point of the others is that Doom Guy's main guns are pea shoters that wouldn't even hurt Dante, so Dante would be thrown off by the dude's weapons being literally trash compared to himself, thing which he wouldn't expect at all.

Like, they are at best Tier 8 to his now Tier 7 fisticuffs.
^^

I was never trying to imply Dante was extremely cocky, I just believe having weaker weapons would play into Doom Slayer's favor as it would probably lower Dante's expectations for his opponent.

Interesting idea. I can't choose between either because I like them equally and I think both of them have good chances of winning at the moment. Following.

Dante can sense how powerful someone is if I'm not mistaken, similar to what happens with V when he was approaching Urizen

Back