• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Making Tier 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. you need to understand some mathematical concept of infinity

2. the tricky part is how to implement those concept into your own fiction . Usually most of them are too abstract or too hard to understand for mainstream media.

3. My recommendations is you must establish 2-A structures first (imo this is the easiest part even average person would understand with infinite number of realities or timeline), after that upgrade your cosmology to low 1-C, High 1-C, High 1-B, Low 1-A and so on, this to ensure you have flexibility when creating story flow or progression. Don't make characters which transcend that tiers, instead make it something like the tier is forces of your cosmology nature.

The reason why most tier-0 cosmology are bad because they introduced the concept right in the beginning.

To make it more interesting you need cosmological or plot story progression, don't just cramp all of that together into one paragraph or something.

Make it something more diverse when it comes to story telling of your overpowered verse. For example create your own verse into multiple genre such as Video Games, Lore books, Films, or Novels.

The reason why most tier-0 cosmology are bad because they introduced the concept right in the beginning.

To make it more interesting you need cosmological or plot story progression, don't just cramp all of that together into one paragraph or something.

Make it something more diverse when it comes to story telling of your overpowered verse. For example create your own verse into multiple genre such as Video Games, Lore books, Films, or Novels.
This thread is made because I want do some research for my novel,which involves the protagonist to travel into higher dimensional structure, eventually at the end, he arrive at the topmost point of the verse and witness the secret of the mystery that he worked hard for.
Thanks for the advice.

And yeah.... Good luck for the novel.
Thank you,it's really hard to not get misunderstood when asking this kind of topic,most likely,people will think that you're some cringy kid that tryna write some incomprehensible garbage with most powerful cosmology and character for childish reason, which I'm not

Last edited:
berkeley cardinal then? seriously tho it is not x cardinal number of universes, but x cardinal dimensional universe where higher dimensions infinitely superior to lower ones.
Nah, there is no need of that as far as I know. Downstreamers were Tier 0 because they scaled to a type 4 multiverse with a woodin cardinal number of universe

I swear,it is not for the sake of vs battles or being unbeatable or anything,it's for storytelling purpose,I don't even care if people scale my character or not,I just want that character to stands at the highest peak possible in my verse
You can do that with even 3-A guys

I'd say the good minimum is Low 2-C since that is the tier of someone in control of both space and time. 3-A-High 3-A is just too limited

to be honest, i don't even know why the character at low tier make the story bad, like seriously, it is not an excuse
That's because putting this character at tier lower than even 1-A will kill all the hype and build up that lead the revelation of this character at the end of the story

That's because putting this character at tier lower than even 1-A will kill all the hype and build up that lead the revelation of this character at the end of the story
you know what, despite i love higher tier, i dislike almost all of 1-A description i found on this site, because the cringe i feel each time i reach those justification. Believe me, when you make a 1-A onward verse, people will only interesting in it because of its tier, not because of the story. You can ask @QuasiYuri about how people love Masadaverse because that verse was High 1-A before and now all supporters left just because the verse got downgrade, no one care about its story, lore.............

Edit: The only higher tier verse i actually love is The Elder Scrolls, and i play that game franchise for 10 years without knowing it is tier 1 to 0 on the site. The lore is good

you know what, despite i love higher tier, i dislike almost all of 1-A description i found on this site, because the cringe i feel each time i reach those justification. Believe me, when you make a 1-A onward verse, people will only interesting in it because of its tier, not because of the story. You can ask @QuasiYuri about how people love Masadaverse because that verse was High 1-A before and now all supporters left just because the verse got downgrade, no one care about its story, lore.............

Edit: The only higher tier verse i actually love is The Elder Scrolls, and i play that game franchise for 10 years without knowing it is tier 1 to 0 on the site. The lore is good
Well,the story and lore require the character to exist at really really high position so that the plot could make sense, otherwise it would be a comedy,which is not the story is about, it's not about battles,fighting,or superpowers,and not even action oriented,it's an adventure mystery story

Well,the story and lore require the character to exist at really really high position so that the plot could make sense, otherwise it would be a comedy,which is not the story is about, it's not about battles,fighting,or superpowers,and not even action oriented,it's an adventure mystery story
you don't need 1-A character to create this kind of story, even Low 1-C is enough, what matter is your story writting skill, not the tier of the character

you don't need 1-A character to create this kind of story, even Low 1-C is enough, what matter is your story writting skill, not the tier of the character
Even if that's true,I don't really have any other choice left,since the protagonist has already explored a High 1-B structure at an early part of the story

Even if that's true,I don't really have any other choice left,since the protagonist has already explored a High 1-B structure at an early part of the story
reaching tier 0 doesn't matter. What you need is a 1-A/1-A+ to High 1-A character and that's it. You see, tier 0 is ever-expanding. One tier 0 character can be so much weaker than another that the difference is that of 11-C and tier 0, so reaching it is pointless

Just slap together a type 4 multiverse or do something like this

Have a complex cosmology: Have it have higher dimensions. "I look at the world I once called home. It seems fake to me now that I look at it. The higher I go, the faker they seem. Going endlessly higher, they all just seem to fake. But this place.... it seems to be real. A world where that fakeness is no longer here. I am unbound by those fake worlds and am now free from their grasp." That could possibly give ya a baseline1-A. Now if you repeat that an infinite times, you get the basis for 1-A+. If you transcend 1-A+, you can become maybe high 1-A. Once you do that, completely throw everything I said away because rising past that and getting into tier 0 will just be hard cuz at the most, you'll end up baseline high 1-A or become the next scp-3812.

Here are the only good tier 0's (i actually enjoy the story of the verse):

Unsong
TES
Twin Peaks
SCP (lol yall thought)
Cthulhu Mythos
DC (pretty unfair though)

Basically all the tier 0's are pretty good narrative wise (outside of SCP and WOD), so it's not hard to make a strong verse whilst also having a compelling story. When Nu-0 comes this list will go down the drain and Fate can join SCP and WOD with verses that suck butt story wise.

Oh time to actually answer the question. Transcend a plane of existence of a higher infinity (preferably a Woodin, Berkley, Mahlo etc) cardinal.

Unsong
TES
Twin Peaks
SCP (lol yall thought)
Cthulhu Mythos

Basically all the tier 0's are pretty good narrative wise (outside of SCP and WOD), so it's not hard to make a strong verse whilst also having a compelling story. When Nu-0 comes this list will go down the drain and Fate can join SCP and WOD with verses that suck butt story wise.

Oh time to actually answer the question. Transcend a plane of existence of a higher infinity (preferably a Woodin, Berkley, Mahlo etc) cardinal.
Thanks for the recommendation.
How exactly a Berkeley Cardinal structure would look,though?

I'm not trying anything. This thread is just cringe. You don't have to have a character in your story be Tier 0 for them to be threatening or whatever you're going for. Insinuating you need to shove hard cosmological garbage or math into your story just to make your character Tier 0 for them to seem to be at the highest peak is a bad precedent for a writer. If anything, not knowing how to properly handle things like that will only affect the quality of your story.

Just stick to Tier 6.

To make a verse good and make it properly evened out
the gods should probably stick with just tier 4 to the lowest ends of tier 1

You can make tier 0's without needing hard maths, id have said Dark Tower was an example of this except Insomnia exists lol. But what people have said is correct, shoving maths in ur book is gunna make it powerful, but suck huge booty.

That's too low,it won't fit for the role of the character
It can easily fit the role. FMA's Truth shows it well.
You just want to push tier 0 on your verse.

I won't say having a character travel a hierarchy as the story is bad. I have a fairly decent one with that premise (the worlds below); but I personally never needed something as childish as making tier 0s out of it.

Besides, you don't even need the layers to qualify for tier 1 to begin with. The intent clearly is tier focused instead of "mysterious unreachable entity" writing.

Probably don't pile up on the OP with your personal writing opinions y'all, and just answer the thread. Jokes are fine at the beginning, but they can feel like bullying if done for this long :v

Sometimes people just like esotericism and cosmological structuring, nothing wrong with it.

I'll say, fair enough, on that. Shouldn't have let personal opinions enter into it.

Unsong
TES
Twin Peaks
SCP (lol yall thought)
Cthulhu Mythos

What is nu-0?

BTW here is a good idea
Make your character 9-B, but give him tier 0 smurf hax
Boom, you can have a good character who is not tier0 level but can still beat tier 0's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back