• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Majora's Mask Link vs Son Goku

I'd say now, it's anyones game (I'd be happy to be proven wrong). Link has awesome hax, but has now be hit, and Goku's AP kinda smears this man

Link has also has defensive hax that Goku will struggle with and he can unlimited Magic for three days so things like the Magic Cape it hard for Goku.

The moment the Triforce is out, Link GG's Goku.

Zeldasmash said:
Link has also has defensive hax that Goku will struggle with and he can unlimited Magic for three days so things like the Magic Cape it hard for Goku.

The moment the Triforce is out, Link GG's Goku.
True, the defense is strong. I'd give Goku a decent chance with things like the Instant Transmission Kamehameha though. If he were to fully charge one and let it rip in Link's face from a position Link couldn't see him (charging far away), and then instant oh just pops up in front of, behind, or above him, would he be able to do anything?

Him pulling what he did with Cell is ill-advised because that just leaves Link with all the time in the world to just set up more layers of hax wether offensive or defensive. Also, Link can read minds with the Mask of Truth so he'll likely know everything Goku's gonna do to him.

EDIT: Also I was in the mindset this was still Composite Link and said Magic Cape when Majora's Mask doesn't have it....my bad.

Zeldasmash said:
Him pulling what he did with Cell is ill-advised because that just leaves Link with all the time in the world to just set up more layers of hax wether offensive or defensive. Also, Link can read minds with the Mask of Truth so he'll likely know everything Goku's gonna do to him.

EDIT: Also I was in the mindset this was still Composite Link and said Magic Cape when Majora's Mask doesn't have it....my bad.
What if it was a weaker Kamehameha, but he didn't have to charge it? Could Link set up any meaningful hax in the time it would take Goku to just say Kamehameha as opposed to doing the whole "Kaaaaaaame... haaaaaame....... HAAAAAAAA"? Worst case scenario for Link, I don't think it'd kill (due to mind read), but he'd have to move to block the attack immediately as opposed to setting up hax.

Also, don't worry about the mistake, you're the one that evened this match out to a reasonable degree with the options you gave meƒæî

Theglassman12 said:
You cannot restrict abilities if you plan on adding these matches.
I understand. I did one before, "Dante vs Goku", and I restricted some of Goku's abilities, and was notified, by a helpful staff member I believe, that the match couldn't be added due to restrictions. This is just for fun

Ok, just making sure you know.

Also Link vs Goku is basically a mismatch since it boils down to: Goku oneshots or Link can't be hit.

Theglassman12 said:
Ok, just making sure you know.

Also Link vs Goku is basically a mismatch since it boils down to: Goku oneshots or Link can't be hit.
Thanks for your concern and consideration, both are appreciated

I was told as much by @Zeldasmash, so I changed it from Composite Link, you is incorporeal because one of the Links he's made of, Shade Link, is a ghost. It's now Goku vs Majora's Mask Link, and I've been told he has some very impressive offensive and defensive hax that Goku would have to bypass before getting to him

No he doesn't. MM Link has the Ocarina of time which he needs well... time to play it. And he's like around baseline as opposed to Goku who oneshots baselines easily.

Theglassman12 said:
No he doesn't. MM Link has the Ocarina of time which he needs well... time to play it. And he's like around baseline as opposed to Goku who oneshots baselines easily.
But MM Link can teleport. Doesn't that counter IT Kamehameha? Plus using the Mask of Truth, he can read minds, so read mind, sees attack, teleports

He's wearing the Fierce Diety mask in this tier. He'd need to unequip it and wear the mask of truths for it to work, all the while making him being more likely to get oneshotted by Goku.

His teleportation is just him warping to other locations, which doesn't mean much when goku can sense him and teleport to him.

Theglassman12 said:
He's wearing the Fierce Diety mask in this tier. He'd need to unequip it and wear the mask of truths for it to work, all the while making him being more likely to get oneshotted by Goku.

His teleportation is just him warping to other locations, which doesn't mean much when goku can sense him and teleport to him.
But if he gets oneshot anyway, why not get precog so that Goku can't ever hit him?

Theglassman12 said:
That's wrong. Fierce Deity has the powers of every mask of the game (bar the transformation ones)

"The Fierce Deity's Mask, a mask that contains the merits of all masks, seems to be... somewhere in this world..." — Gossip Stone (Majora's Mask)

That's wrong. Fierce Deity has the powers of every mask of the game (bar the transformation ones)

"The Fierce Deity's Mask, a mask that contains the merits of all masks, seems to be... somewhere in this world..." — Gossip Stone (Majora's Mask)

! So he can teleport AND potentially not get oneshot right off the bat? Teleport+precog def gives just teleport a run for its money

Also, Link has the Mirror Shield in this game, so he should potentially be able to reflect the faster Kamehamehas because they have barely any charge to them

Also, I found this on a past match

According to a Gossip Stone in MM - the Fierce Deity has all the attributes of all the other mask in the game.

"The Fierce Deity's Mask, a mask that contains the merits of all masks, seems to be... somewhere in this world..."

This would include the Stone Mask - which would make Goku not able to perceive Link's form.

On the other hand, Goku has an absolutely massive AP advantage.

On the other other hand, Goku supresses himself when not fighting, so... Link might be able to get in the kill.

An attack that has a massive AOE and can oneshot does not sound like something a baseline 3-A character can reflect.

Theglassman12 said:
An attack that has a massive AOE and can oneshot does not sound like something a baseline 3-A character can reflect.
Fair enough, however I'll recant my statement on the grounds of the fact that, as previously stated, Goku wouldn't even know Link was there in front of him

That's nothing new to goku as ki fighters can sense invisible beings like the Yamcha fight with the invisible man

Theglassman12 said:
That's nothing new to goku as ki fighters can sense invisible beings like the Yamcha fight with the invisible man
It doesn't matter which sense you're using to locate Link. Literally the base principle of the mask is that you're as noticeable as a "rock", so Goku will see him and not consider him as he thinks it's as important as a random rock, Goku will hear him and not consider him anything worthwhile, Goku will sense him and consider him something worthless etc.

Can he manipulate your sixth sense? Cause I don't recall the stone mask doing that to anyone with a sixth sense.

Theglassman12 said:
Can he manipulate your sixth sense? Cause I don't recall the stone mask doing that to anyone with a sixth sense.
Even Tatl couldn't see Shiro, the Solider that you get the mask from, and Faires have Extrasensory perception and Info Analysis.

So yeah, Goku wouldn't be able to perceive Link at all.

ok and how does that negate the massive AP advantage Goku has? Especially if he just notices he's getting hit by something he can't see he'll just nuke the area in the end

Theglassman12 said:
ok and how does that negate the massive AP advantage Goku has? Especially if he just notices he's getting hit by something he can't see he'll just nuke the area in the end
Enemies affected by the Stone Mask act like nothing happened after Link attacks them with it on. They don't look around for their attacker, they don't enter an attack animation. They just return to what they were doing initially as if nothing happened at all.

And so I believe that Goku wouldn't be able to perceive he is being attacked by Link.

That doesn't negate the massive AP/Durability difference between them - the argument I made in the last thread was that eventually, because Goku can't perceive anything, that he will let his guard down and lower his ki level to that of a human and that Link will finally be able to kill him.

Other people said that Goku would just nuke the area - which isn't really in-character, but whatever.

Yep, so perception manipulation, teleportation and mind reading makes it very difficult for Goku to land that one solid punch

Surprisingly enough, it's still 0-0 as far as I can tell. MM Link has perception manipulation, teleportation, and mind reading, all of which stop Goku from oneshotting him. Goku has Instant Transmission Kamehameha, which takes too long to charge, allowing Link to foresee the attack and teleport away accordingly, and the Super Spirit Bomb, which might actually be the better option, as Link does have more time to react, but if this is launched, Link doesn't really have anywhere he can go or anything he can do. This, of course, is all in the instance that Goku even cares about him, which he currently has no reason to due to the Stone Mask's effect

Back