• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Major Pokemon Revisions (It's Not About The Tiering, I Swear)

Sceptile also has a Mega-Evolution, so that'd help test that as well.

By the way, what's your opinion on the fact that many Pokémon have been given art for their Shiny forms as well? How should we handle that?

I've said it a million times by now, nobody cares about non-final forms with very few exceptions. You'd be wasting your time and put more work on me when I make more profiles to adhere to the standard, which is why I've only made single evolution profiles recently.

I agree with Cal, though there's probably no harm in testing it ig

I think all Pokemon should have shiny form tabbers

Hold on, there is something we need to discuss, the regen.

Gengar, Muk, and Deoxys have some of higher-degree regen, where did that comes from? this was brought up in Sceptile vs Swampfire.

The real cal howard said:
I've said it a million times by now, nobody cares about non-final forms with very few exceptions.
The many people who have raised an argument against this sentiment, including me, would say otherwise, Cal.

You may not agree, and that's fine, but I'm still willing to add them, and so are others on the site. Which is why it's still listed as a major issue to correct in the OP.

Cryogonal too. It's due to their physiology rather than being a specific move/ability

I edited my comment above to include more. It only serves to make weaker forms that people normally don't care about. I'm 99% sure if someone goes to Gigalith's profile, they don't wanna see Roggenrola or Boldore.

You may be correct. Maybe no one will think twice about Roggenrola for versus debates. But let me remind you that this is a power indexing website, not exclusively for versus debates. We are supposed to be recording the power levels of as many fictional characters as we can with minimal exceptions. Wanting to ignore the previous evolutions of Pokémon just because "nobody would care" seems extremely shortsighted and conceited to me. Plus, it literally hurts no one to have these on the profiles, so I don't see what the problem is.

Also, to spite you, I'm gonna make a Roggenrola matchup and it's gonna be great. Ovo

The Sceptile profile now has the profile image tabs placed in the order of their evolutionary chain, as proposed by Imaginym.

How does it look? Seems fine to me, tbh.

Please pardon my saying so, but....

It seems like it's been a few months since this thread's last activity, but a lot of Pokemon still have missing information.

We do still plan to revise the profiles as was discussed in this thread, right? IQ Skills, Pokemon Conquest Abilities, Pokedex Entries, Powers & Abilities, Statistics, better justifications, etc.

(Also, I think the tab ordering looks good. Being consistent with Wiki standards of listing characters' base forms is good, IMHO.)

Fair enough. I suppose with all the other things to revise on this Wiki, a few months isn't that long in the grand scheme of thing, especially given there's hundreds of profiles among Pokemon alone.

Are there any qualifications for a user to be permitted to edit the changes proposed in this thread to profiles (Assuming they're still approved to go through?) of Pokemon?

I'm interested in the revision's progress, obviously, but I'm not that skilled in editing, nor confident in my skills, but if I can help out, I'd like ot know how.

Just follow this, put what power is what in the Abilities sections, if you don't know what that gives, consult a Knowledgeable member and you should be fine.

As far as i am aware, i was problaby the guy who did this the most, who stopped due to school, gonna take back on this soon

Honestly, the profiles have come a long way ever since I first created this thread, mostly thanks to Drite77 for putting the hours in on fixing the profiles up while also slowly adding the rest of the missing 'mons.

My apologies for being disrespectful of the hard work put in by other members towards this thread's cause.

Not at all. I probably should've kept this thread updated every now and then so people wouldn't forget what we were doing. For that, I blame myself.

Back