• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Major Pokemon Revisions (It's Not About The Tiering, I Swear)

GyroNutz said:
Starter Pack said:
Also, why does my revision thread that has nothing to do with tiering keep falling back to talking about the tiering?
Because for the profiles to be correct, so do the tiers.
And that's fine. I understand. However, that's what the other countless revision threads are about, and I'd prefer if we just talk about the content aside from the tiering, as I stated in the OP.

I'll allow it in short bursts, but I would love to focus on organizing and cleaning up the profiles instead of the constantly shifting tiering for the whole verse.

I am pretty sure Ho-Oh's calc does use KE.

"KE = 0.5 * 1.04472981e15 * 46970.5882┬▓ = 1.15246034e24 Joules, High 6-B."

"KE (Low-end): 0.5 * 46970.5882┬▓ * 6.42910657e14 = 7.09206368e23 Joules"

"KE (High-end): 0.5 * 46970.5882┬▓ * 9.4829322e14 = 1.04607939e24 Joules"

From the blog itself.

Sorry, dont want to make this about tiering again, but have to ask if it wasnt already.

Is there anything proving that the Ho-Oh feat doesnt use KE? I dont know much on the CAPE business but im hearing KE can still be used if explained why the feat falls under that. No one seems to diving into whether Ho-Ohs feat is KE or not, so asking before stuff happens.

Ho-Oh's feat is willing a storm into existence - we don't count that as KE. For KE to be used it has to be something like storm dispersion.

Starter Pack said:
And that's fine. I understand. However, that's what the other countless revision threads are about, and I'd prefer if we just talk about the content aside from the tiering, as I stated in the OP.

I'll allow it in short bursts, but I would love to focus on organizing and cleaning up the profiles instead of the constantly shifting tiering for the whole verse.
It is probably best if you all try to stick to the topic of the thread.

>Ho-oh's feat is willing a storm into existence

There are problems with this as the feat doesnt seem to suggest this.

But, like Ant said, this is off-topic. Ill take this to a different thread if I have to.

Imaginym said:
Apologies if I'm being a bother, @GyroNutz. I hope you sleep well when you do. (Although, if you'd be willing to say what you mean by "megas being 7-A is far more beneficial than being a bit above baseline in another, so that's wrong.", you'd have my gratitude.)
I don't mean to stir up trouble, all.
Thanks, and I'm sorry again if I came across as rude at all. What I meant by 'megas being 7-A' is that currently, megas are so high into 7-A that they pretty much one-shot the entire tier through AP alone. It's like; would you rather be the best compared to everyone else in set 2 for something, or only be mediocre compared to everyone else in set 1 (ik it's not a 100% applicable analogy, but you hopefully get what I mean). In terms of my preference, I'd rather they be 7-A cause they'd be comparitively stronger then. But I think that High 7-A is far more fitting, given their scaling. Anyway, I digress about tiering. From my own perspective, I've had troubles finding profiles (and ik others have too) that are named by their pre-evo, for example, Natu. So imo it's less about listing the most powerful forms, or listing the most recent forms, but rather about listing the most well-known form. Although I see it as a minor issue, to be perfectly honest.

@GyroNutz: I appreciate the concern. It's fine.

In any case, so long as the reasoning behind Megas being High 7-A is sound & valid, I've no issue with it. But if the revision was based wholely on putting them into a tier where their statistics give them an advantage, I'm not sure I'd support that.

But what makes the fully evolved form the most well-known/notable other than being more powerful? And plenty of 'verses still list base forms first.

But yeah. Not the biggest deal.

Dark649 said:
It seems that 6-C Adult Pokèmon will return, Kep should check this calc.
GOD DAMN IT!!!!!! For real though, for one, this isn't the place to post it. Second of all, I don't think anyone really scales to that. That's Pryce's Delibird, and Pryce has shown himself to be incredibly powerful, even compared to other top trainers.

If not nessecarily top tier trainers it should still scale to regular mon's, I'm pretty sure they were rated higher than trainers anyways.

SuperKamiNappa said:
If not nessecarily top tier trainers it should still scale to regular mon's, I'm pretty sure they were rated higher than trainers anyways.
Pokémon used to be rated higher than Trainers cause nobody got around to upgrading the trainers. And Pryce is most certainly a top trainer. Regular wild Pokémon shouldn't scale to him.

The regular Adult Pokémon were and are scaled from being higher than the strongest calced feat done by a trained one, so that the Adult Pokémon were/are supposed to be rated in their Lv┬░ 100 state.

Note: The Pokémon profiles are supposed to be the trained ones and not the wild ones, unless a key is asked.

Dark649 said:
The regular Adult Pokémon were and are scaled from being higher than the strongest calced feat done by a trained one, so that the Adult Pokémon were/are supposed to be rated in their Lv┬░ 100 state.
That's absurd. Levels are just game mechanics, why on earth would we scale regular wild Pokémon as stronger than a champion?

Regular Wild Pokémon are not stronger than the ones of the Elite 4, Champion nor strong Post Game Trainers and etc. The strongest ones are found the Victory Road or in post games areas, which are stronger than most Gym Leaders.

I'm aware of what is asked in the OP, the Pokémon profiles needs to be kind of remade with adding all the requested stuff, and that is not the complicated stuff, which is the scaling with the Pokémon, the most discussed stuff.

Dark649 said:
Regular Wild Pokémon are not stronger than the ones of the Elite 4, Champion nor strong Post Game Trainers and etc. The strongest ones are found the Victory Road or in post games areas, which are stronger than most Gym Leaders.
I'm aware of what is asked in the OP, the Pokémon profiles needs to be kind of remade with adding all the requested stuff, and that is not the complicated stuff, which is the scaling with the Pokémon, the most discussed stuff.
The only thing that suggests that wild pokémon > gym leaders are levels. Which are game mechanics. Besides, manga Pryce is clearly stronger than all the other Johto Gym Leaders and even the Elite Four combined.

That is because Manga Pryce is not the same as Game Pryce, so cross-scaling continuities is not a good idea.

Note: In the profiles it was supposed that the Adult Pokémon are in their maximun state, not the wild ones but the Trained ones.

Right, so now that I've come up with a little bit of time, I'm going to start going to random Pokemon profiles and adding their evolutions. That's probably one of the easier tasks I can handle, since I'd only need to be plugging in tiers, tabs and pictures.

After I go through those, I may end up working on the different movesets.

Don't really know what you mean, but talk about it somewhere else, please. Half of this darn thread is people talking about Tiers when the focus is supposed to be on cleaning the profiles.

Veloxt1r0kore said:
This thread is not about AP/Tier man. The OP already warn this over and over.
I mean, as long as it's done elsewhere, I'm fine with it. Any lengthy discussion about the tiers on this thread is what I don't want to see.

I just wanted to bring this one up again, as it seems a lot of work has been being done with Pokémon profiles on the site, specifically for their moves and abilities.

Since this is being handled so well, apart from spelling errors that occur from these additions, I'd like to see some work going into Pokémon evolutions now. I personally will be focusing on Evolutions at the moment, and if I can receive help with this, that'd be appreciated.

Also, after some consideration, I'm willing to give Imaginym's idea of placing the profile pictures of the Pokémon evolutions in their evolutionary order a chance, just to see how they look. So, any thoughts for current Pokémon to test this format on?

Back