• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Majin Buu (Kid Buu) vs Inviso-Bill (Danny Phantom)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Match Rules
  • Both in Character
  • Speed Equalized
  • Danny Phantom (Season 1/8-A)
  • Kid Buu
  • Starting Distance: A hundred meters
  • Battle Location: Earth

Majin Buu: 1 (Vizer04,

Danny Phantom:

Inconclusive: 7 (LordGriffin1000, jojo123, SuperStar, Dragonite007, TauanVictor, Artorimachi Meteoraft, Ss3micah

DBFighterZ_-_Kid_Buu_by_PurpleHato.png

Danny_render.gif

Last edited:
Are you sure about this Danny is 4-A while buu is 4-B
As I put in the OP, Danny starts in his season 1 8-A key. His Reactive Evolution only buffs him to the level of his opponent (within reason), and Buu is 4-B, Danny would only go from 8-A to 4-B during the fight since he was shown reaching the Fright Knight's level who's possibly 4-A, so there AP will be around the same.

Here are my thoughts on the match, I wouldn't have made it if Danny was at 4-A.

Since the OP can vote, I'm just going to put my thoughts below.

Majin Buu's Advantages/Win Conditions

Buu starts off with a massive power advantage which will allow him to easily blow away or tare through Danny, tie that in with his fighting style that allowed him to face off against the likes of Goku, Buu definitely has the skill advantage as well.

While Buu's candy beam won't keep Danny incapacitated since ghosts can reshape/reconstruct their physical form, Buu still has his absorption which could work as Danny's possession won't override it when he's absorbed. This is because season 1 Danny lacks resistance to corruption and as we saw in early season 2, it is directly stated that Vlad's evil was so great it overwhelmed Danny and turned him into Dan.

Given how evil Buu is, if he absorbs Danny, Danny's will won't be able to overcome Buu's evil. And if Danny tries to overshadow Buu first, it will result in an inconclusive because Buu's evil will turn Danny into a different person entirely. Finally, Buu's regeneration will allow him to withstand anything that isn't completely molecular vaporization, and his stamina isn't bad either.

Buu has other small advantages like IT, and the massive range advantage but those aren't game breaking given Buu doesn't BFR and Danny has was of avoiding Buu's large scale attacks.

Danny Phantom's Advantages/Win Conditions

While Danny starts out at a massive disadvantage in terms of power his reactive evolution is shown capable of buffing him up to his opponents level (within reason), and Buu is 4-B while Danny's reactive evolution has allowed him to reach the Fright Knight's level which is at least 6-C, possibly 4-A. So Buu is within Danny's evolution range which means Danny can close the gap fairly quickly, making them around equal.

While Danny may not be as skilled as Buu, he has his ghost abilities aka Ghost Physiology (Danny Phantom), this grants him a similar body manipulation like Buu so he can avoid small attacks by opening holes in himself or just turn intangible to avoid large ones. Boo has no counter for Danny's invisibility as Danny doesn't have ki.

Ectoplasmic energy hits on a molecular level so if Danny uses a wide enough energy blast, he can bypass Boo's durability and overcome his regeneration. Meanwhile, Buu lacks the ability to deal actual pain to Danny as ghost can't be harmed by normal stuff (He can still damage Danny's body and force him to regenerate, he just won't cause him pain). Danny's regeneration will allow him to recover from Buu's attacks at the cost of stamina, however Danny is stated to be capable of hunting and fight ghosts throughout the night so he can go for hours normally so he won't get exhausted to fast.

Danny also has attack reflection shields so he can reflect Buu's energy attacks back at him or just block them.

My Vote

I'm going to vote Inconclusive in my opinion.

Boo starts out stronger, is more skilled and unpredictable, can make Danny exhaust himself if he applies constant pressure throughout the fight, and if he lands an absorption it's a win. Now Danny can evolve to Boo's level and has abilities like invisibility and intangibility are great (though he doesn't spam them), plus other means of avoiding or reflecting Boo's attacks back at him so he could potentially reflect the candy beam.

However Danny doesn't know if Boo is a ghost or not and since Danny knows he's already in a fight and sees Boo's abilities, he'd think he's a ghost so his Ghost Sense has no reason to trigger and once he sees Boo is immune to the Fenton Thermos he might go for a possession which would result in a hard inconclusive as I explained in the Boo segment of my analysis.

In the end, I see Boo having a better chance of victory at the begging but due to Danny's abilities, it gets evened out fast and both have a chance because their have been times when Danny has outright admitted he should have used his intangibility but didn't so Boo's absorption is possible but so is Danny destroying Boo on a molecular level.

Last edited:
As I put in the OP, Danny starts in his season 1 8-A key. His Reactive Evolution only buffs him to the level of his opponent (within reason), and Buu is 4-B, Danny would only go from 8-A to 4-B during the fight since he was shown reaching the Fright Knight's level who's possibly 4-A, so there AP will be around the same.

Buu starts off with a massive power advantage which will allow him to easily blow away or tare through Danny, tie that in with his fighting style that allowed him to face off against the likes of Goku, Buu definitely has the kill advantage as well.

While Buu's candy beam won't keep Danny incapacitated since ghosts can reshape/reconstruct their physical form, Buu still has his absorption which could work as Danny's possession won't override it when he's absorbed. This is because season 1 Danny lacks resistance to corruption and as we saw in early season 2, it is directly stated that Vlad's evil was so great it overwhelmed Danny and turned him into Dan.

Given how evil Buu is, if he absorbs Danny, Danny's will won't be able to overcome Buu's evil. And if Danny tries to overshadow Buu first, it will result in an inconclusive because Buu's evil will turn Danny into a different person entirely. Finally, Buu's regeneration will allow him to withstand anything that isn't completely molecular vaporization, and his stamina isn't bad either.

Buu has other small advantages like IT, and the massive range advantage but those aren't game breaking given Buu doesn't BFR and Danny has was of avoiding Buu's large scale attacks.

While Danny starts out at a massive disadvantage in terms of power his reactive evolution is shown capable of buffing him up to his opponents level (within reason), and Buu is 4-B while Danny's reactive evolution has allowed him to reach the Fright Knight's level which is at least 6-C, possibly 4-A. So Buu is within Danny's evolution range which means Danny can close the gap fairly quickly, making them around equal.

While Danny may not be as skilled as Buu, he has his ghost abilities aka Ghost Physiology (Danny Phantom), this grants him a similar body manipulation like Buu so he can avoid small attacks by opening holes in himself or just turn intangible to avoid large ones. Boo has no counter for Danny's invisibility as Danny doesn't have ki.

Ectoplasmic energy hits on a molecular level so if Danny uses a wide enough energy blast, he can bypass Boo's durability and overcome his regeneration. Meanwhile, Buu lacks the ability to deal actual pain to Danny as ghost can't be harmed by normal stuff (He can still damage Danny's body and force him to regenerate, he just won't cause him pain). Danny's regeneration will allow him to recover from Buu's attacks at the cost of stamina, however Danny is stated to be capable of hunting and fight ghosts throughout the night so he can go for hours normally so he won't get exhausted to fast.

Danny also has attack reflection shields so he can reflect Buu's energy attacks back at him or just block them.

My Vote

Boo starts out stronger, is more skilled and unpredictable, can make Danny exhaust himself if he applies constant pressure throughout the fight, and if he lands an absorption it's a win. Now Danny can evolve to Boo's level and has abilities like invisibility and intangibility are great (though he doesn't spam them), plus other means of avoiding or reflecting Boo's attacks back at him so he could potentially reflect the candy beam.

However Danny doesn't know if Boo is a ghost or not and since Danny knows he's already in a fight and sees Boo's abilities, he'd think he's a ghost so his Ghost Sense has no reason to trigger and once he sees Boo is immune to the Fenton Thermos he might go for a possession which would result in a hard inconclusive as I explained in the Boo segment of my analysis.

In the end, I see Boo having a better chance of victory at the begging but due to Danny's abilities, it gets evened out fast and both have a chance because their have been times when Danny has outright admitted he should have used his intangibility but didn't so Boo's absorption is possible but so is Danny destroying Boo on a molecular level.
Incon fra

Can't Buu just turn him into candy?
I brought that up in the Buu part of my analysis of the match in my first comment.

Buu can turn Danny into candy but ghosts can break their own body down and reshape/reconstruct it. Danny himself reduce his form to pure energy and reformed it to escape someone's grasp, and he was turned into orange jelly at one point, retained his consciousness, and changed himself back. There are other feats of ghosts changing their form after it's been altered so even if Buu lands a candy beam, Danny can fix himself. He also has other ways to avoid it like invisibility, intangibility, and sheilds that can reflect attacks (though he's not going to spam these, they are options).

Buu can turn Danny into candy but ghosts can break their own body down and reshape/reconstruct it. Danny himself reduce his form to pure energy and reformed it to escape someone's grasp, and he was turned into orange jelly at one point, retained his consciousness, and changed himself back. There are other feats of ghosts changing their form after it's been altered so even if Buu lands a candy beam, Danny can fix himself. He also has other ways to avoid it like invisibility, intangibility, and sheilds that can reflect attacks (though he's not going to spam these, they are options).
Is this a passive ability?

Resistance to Transmutation, does he have it? Is it passive?
It's not resistance... I just explained that Buu can turn Danny into candy but ghosts can restore their form after they've been altered due to their Ghost Physiology (Danny Phantom). Danny himself has shown that even when he was transmutated into orange jelly and splattered, he restored his form. It's not a resistance, he'll get transmutated if hit by the candy beam but can fix the change because ghosts have that level of control over their bodies. A ghost's form is just a manifestation of their energy and consciousness which is all accepted.

It's not resistance... I just explained that Buu can turn Danny into candy but ghosts can restore their form after they've been altered due to their Ghost Physiology (Danny Phantom). Danny himself has shown that even when he was transmutated into orange jelly and splattered, he restored his form. It's not a resistance, he'll get transmutated if hit by the candy beam but can fix the change because ghosts have that level of control over their bodies. A ghost's form is just a manifestation of their energy and consciousness which is all accepted.
If Danny needs to be conscious for his body to be restored then Buu's Candy Beam would affect him anyway, people can't move or think after being hit by Buu's Candy Beam (Vegito is an exception and he explicitly has a Resistance to this on his profile)

If Danny needs to be conscious for his body to be restored then Buu's Candy Beam would affect him anyway, people can't move or think after being hit by Buu's Candy Beam (Vegito is an exception and he explicitly has a Resistance to this on his profile)
So you just didn't read what I wrote...

Danny was literally transmutated before and reconstructed himself despite not being able to move... not only that, you ignored that Danny can just dodge, turn invisible or intangible, or just block it with his shield so it hitting is highly unlikely. A ghosts form is nothing but a construct, turning Danny into candy is useless and everything I've said is accepted.

Kid Buu FRA
This vote isn't valid, as I explained to you. Unless you provide a more in-depth argument besides Kid Buu via candy beam (which is easily countered) I'm not counting this vote.

If Danny has to make a conscious effort to reform his own body, then he would be affected by Buu's Candy Beam.

My vote is still the same: Kid Buu FRA

If Danny has to make a conscious effort to reform his own body, then he would be affected by Buu's Candy Beam.

My vote is still the same: Kid Buu FRA
And I explained why that didn't matter but I'm not going to go in circles and I'll just add your vote for Kid Buu.

Wouldn't Danny already be hard to hit due to him spamming his Invisibility + intangibility?

Wouldn't Danny already be hard to hit due to him spamming his Invisibility + intangibility?
He doesn't spam them tho, he's used them in his fights but he's never consistently done it back to back. But yeah, hitting him with a candy beam would be difficult which is one of the reasons it's not a valid win method.

Don't count my vote if you don't want to, but at least try to refute my point.
I did, you just are choosing to ignore my points.

He doesn't spam them tho, he's used them in his fights but he's never consistently done it back to back. But yeah, hitting him with a candy beam would be difficult which is one of the reasons it's not a valid win method.

I did, you just are choosing to ignore my points.
You said his reconstruction was thought based. He claimed you can't think if you are candy. This would make it so he cannot reconstruct. You didn't address that point sufficiently.

You said his reconstruction was thought based. He claimed you can't think if you are candy. This would make it so he cannot reconstruct. You didn't address that point sufficiently.
I literally did!!!!

Danny was transmutated into orange jelly and splattered, yet he still remained conscious and regenerated! This is because a ghosts body is just a manifestation of their ectoplasmic energy and consciousness, and thus it doesn't matter if Buu transmutates Danny into something because Danny has already shown he can reconstruct himself after being transmutated! I've already stated this above, so yes, I adreeses the claim. Transmutation is useless.

I literally did!!!!

Danny was transmutated into orange jelly and splattered, yet he still remained conscious and regenerated! This is because a ghosts body is just a manifestation of their ectoplasmic energy and consciousness, and thus it doesn't matter if Buu transmutates Danny into something because Danny has already shown he can reconstruct himself after being transmutated! I've already stated this above, so yes, I adreeses the claim. Transmutation is useless.
Was he conscious jelly or actual jelly and willed himself back to life?

Maybe ghost physiology should have resistance to transmutation in the article
I guess I can make a thread about but it's already accepted that they can reform themselves after transmutation.

Was he conscious jelly or unconscious and willed himself back to life?
Ghosts don't become unconscious when their body is transmutated, that's the point I'm trying to make. Ghosts are naturally incorpreal and then make a solid form using their ectoplasmic energy and consciousness, the form is nothing more then a construct which is why they retain their consciousness regardless of if they get transmutated. It's the reason why Lydia retained her ability to fly in the air when Danny transmutated her into various inanimate objects, it's the reason why Danny could reform himself after he was turned into jelly (and was unable to move) and then splattered.

Buu will just transmutate Danny into candy but since a ghosts body is nothing more than a construct, Danny's consciousness will remain as it's shown to, and then he'll reform. Also, ghosts are undead so Danny doesn't "Will himself back to life."

Ghosts don't become unconscious when their body is transmutated, that's the point I'm trying to make. Ghosts are naturally incorpreal and then make a solid form using their ectoplasmic energy and consciousness, the form is nothing more then a construct which is why they retain their consciousness regardless of if they get transmutated. It's the reason why Lydia retained her ability to fly in the air when Danny transmutated her into various inanimate objects, it's the reason why Danny could reform himself after he was turned into jelly (and was unable to move) and then splattered.

Buu will just transmutate Danny into candy but since a ghosts body is nothing more than a construct, Danny's consciousness will remain as it's shown to, and then he'll reform. Also, ghosts are undead so Danny doesn't "Will himself back to life."
Has the transmutation been used on non ghosts?

Has the transmutation been used on non ghosts?
Yes, it turned a bunch of human goth teens into literal stuffed teddy bears (Sam ripped then into pieces and stuffing came out) and changed their personality into fun loving care bears meaning it effects the consciousness. Freakshow simply states it turns something into something else. Danny used it to turn a pool of acid into a pool of water and so on. The fact that Danny retained his consciousness despite being turned into jelly and reduced to a puddle, and Lydia remain floating in the air despite being transmutated into inanimate objects means their consciousness is not effected if they get transmutated into something else. Heck, in season 1, Technus transmutated Danny into different characters from TV shows yet Danny did not lose his ability to fly even though his biology was changed.

I can just make a thread to get this settled (Even though candy beam isn't an effective win method regardless of it worked since Danny has several ways to avoid it)

Yes, it turned a bunch of human goth teens into literal stuffed teddy bears (Sam ripped then into pieces and stuffing came out) and changed their personality into fun loving care bears meaning it effects the consciousness. Freakshow simply states it turns something into something else. Danny used it to turn a pool of acid into a pool of water and so on. The fact that Danny retained his consciousness despite being turned into jelly and reduced to a puddle, and Lydia remain floating in the air despite being transmutated into inanimate objects means their consciousness is not effected if they get transmutated into something else. Heck, in season 1, Technus transmutated Danny into different characters from TV shows yet Danny did not lose his ability to fly even though his biology was changed.

I can just make a thread to get this settled (Even though candy beam isn't an effective win method regardless of it worked since Danny has several ways to avoid it)
Do you have a clip or episode number?

This seems interesting enough

What's the Win Con's for both?
Basically Kid Buu starts out stronger, is more skilled and has a good chance to outlast Danny (though Danny can go for hours so It will take some time. But if Buu lands an absorption, he'd win, and his regeneration will allow him to survive Danny's attacks with the exception of a full blast that covers his body (ectoplasmic energy hits on a molecular level)

Danny on the other hand has Ghost Physiology which grants him the power to turn invisible (and since he doesn't have ki Buu can't sense him), turn intangible to avoid attacks, or even reflect Buu' s attacks back at him with his reflect shields so he could reflect the candy beam. His Reactive Evolution will buff him to Buu's level fast and as I said above, he can bypass Buu's durability and regeneration with a wide enough energy blast since ectoplasmic energy hits on a molecular level.

I went into detail in this comment, click the SPOILER tag

Buu starts off with a massive power advantage which will allow him to easily blow away or tare through Danny, tie that in with his fighting style that allowed him to face off against the likes of Goku, Buu definitely has the skill advantage as well.

My Vote

Basically both are hard to kill and have a solid chance but one of Danny's move will lead to an inconclusive.

Based on what Im reading
Danny didnt resist it at all

He can just regen after being destroyed in that particular state
(Talking about Jelly Feat)
That's why I already stated it isn't a resistance, ghosts just don't lose their consciousness when their body is transmutated.

If this is season one Danny then I think Kid Buu can potentially get lucky and one shot him enough times to knock him out of Ghost Form (since it takes Danny considerable effort to Regen and doing so like 3-5 times will cause him revert) and Season 1 Danny doesn't particularly spam Invisibility and Intangibility during battle. I NEVER said he wont use it, I said he isn't heavy on spamming it as hard as Season 2 and 3 Danny

Kid Buu is heavy on Spamming Ki attacks and 1/3 chance would just start off with Planet Nuking so that could potentially be useful as each Ki blast in this case has ONE-SHOT capabilities. Plus Buu has Duplication and Numbers is always a great advantage and an especially good counter against Overshadow since Danny cant possess multiple beings at once and each piece of Buu can think independently. Plus IT which is another especially Good Counter against Danny

Also Buu has stamina advantage so he can potentially just outlast danny by spamming Ki attacks, Duplication and IT to overwhelm Danny with attacks plus keep his Distance plus Outlast Danny long enough for him to Revert back to Normal.

Buu could possibly take it

(and since he doesn't have ki Buu can't sense him)
Doesn't Verse Equalization Neg this since when it comes to DB all things alive or dead have Ki?
Thats almost like saying Ki sensing wouldnt work against Naruto or Ichigo because their energy system is not Ki but instead Chakra and Reiatsu respectively

Or am I missing something here?

Doesn't Verse Equalization Neg this since when it comes to DB all things alive or dead have Ki?
Thats almost like saying Ki sensing wouldnt work against Naruto or Ichigo because their energy system is not Ki but instead Chakra and Reiatsu respectively

No verse equalization only works if the energy is similar enough, Ectoplasmic energy isn't a universal energy system like those others you listed and functions completely different from ki so it can't be equalized. I'll try and find the page that explains it.

If this is season one Danny then I think Kid Buu can potentially get lucky and one shot him enough times to knock him out of Ghost Form (since it takes Danny considerable effort to Regen and doing so like 3-5 times will cause him revert) and Season 1 Danny doesn't particularly spam Invisibility and Intangibility during battle. I NEVER said he wont use it, I said he isn't heavy on spamming it as hard as Season 2 and 3 Danny

Kid Buu is heavy on Spamming Ki attacks and 1/3 chance would just start off with Planet Nuking so that could potentially be useful as each Ki blast in this case has ONE-SHOT capabilities. Plus Buu has Duplication and Numbers is always a great advantage and an especially good counter against Overshadow since Danny cant possess multiple beings at once and each piece of Buu can think independently. Plus IT which is another especially Good Counter against Danny

Also Buu has stamina advantage so he can potentially just outlast danny by spamming Ki attacks, Duplication and IT to overwhelm Danny with attacks plus keep his Distance plus Outlast Danny long enough for him to Revert back to Normal.

Buu could possibly take it
Vote added for Kid Buu.

The teenagers being turned into teddy bears.
Danny and crew where looking for the gem if form which someone touched and used to turn people and the surrounding area into what you'll see below. Sam rips som apart and once Danny gets the gem, he changed them all back, below is the video.

We never see the person that did the transmutation but it's basically what Danny did in reverse.

On the https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Standard_Battle_Assumptions it states

"Verse equalization: Similar supernatural aspects of verses get equalized in a reasonable fashion. So a supernatural energy that almost everyone in a Verse has, which is necessary to fight the characters of said Verse, will be assumed to be the equivalent energy that the opponents use in their techniques so that a proper fight can happen.

Furthermore, attacks that require a special type of energy to be effective, like anti-magic requiring magic, will be assumed to work against the energies of different Verses, as long as they are somehow similar and the mechanics are somehow compatible with the known mechanics behind the energies from different Verses. For example, mind control resistance by being a capable mind user would also work against other Verses, but mind control resistance through a strong will would not necessarily work against mind control from other Verses. It is also important to note that characters won't lose or gain any abilities or resistances which they do or do not inherently possess. However, if an ability has a weakness, condition, caveat, or limitation, consistently shown throughout its use (such as not working on characters under a specific condition, like energy gap) or stated by a valid and uncontradicted statement, then it should be applicable after the equalization.

Equalization works highly on a case-by-case basis, so many relevant cases should be discussed in the versus thread itself."

The energies are top different and have different machanics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back