• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
If I can negate your ability to move your right arm and you can still breathe then why would negating something in your body not negate the other supposed body-based abilities?
False equivalency, that’s not negating the basis, which is the magic. If I negated your nerves entirely then none of those actions would be possible.

They’re all based on magic, and there’s no indication that the magic is somehow different for different aspects, or applies to the regeneration.

It stops regen because it's shown to stop regen, you're not clear on what do you mean by "on a specific part".
It stops regen that you are claiming is based on magic. Candy beam is based on the same magic, if his magic is being negated which would be necessary to negate the regeneration, why wouldn’t the candy beam be negated as well?

They definitely seem to be able to negate each others regen. I'd list the ability since they technically have it regardless of how it functions. There's no reason to believe it wouldn't work on other regen users of similar or lower levels either tbh, so I don't understand why people are assuming it only works on other Majins when that's never actually stated or implied, just head canon. You wouldn't assume that for most other regen negation showings so shouldn't here either.

Efi’s example is a false equivalency.

It’d be like saying that moving his arm is a body-based ability, while moving his legs also are, which is true. But they both come from the same source, the brain. If he’s negating the brain, which is the magic in this case, neither would work. If he’s negating his magic which is negating his regen by domino effect, his other magic-based abilities wouldn’t work.

Assuming he’s just negating part of his magic is an assumption that requires proof.

It's not a false equivalency, the "body" is a basis too, but you have a belief that Buu's magic works on a basis on another way that can't be compared and that's where you're wrong. Buu has magic-based abilities in the sense that many of his super powers derive from magic, but affecting one doesn't mean affecting the magic and all the powers, it just means affecting 1 power, affecing the whole magic is what needs proof when the only evidence is affecting 1 of its powers it gives. You believe for no reasons that since it's a "basis" then it has to be this way, but since it has no reasons then it's wrong. If we replace magic here with any other basis then the same happens, if I negated the nerves of your right arm and you could still move your left arm then why would negating something in your nerves not negate the other nerves-based abilities? It's the same silly question.

Do you have literally any evidence that the regen is magic based? You need to prove it.

Also, someone's off-site response: "despite merging with Fat Buu and gaining his magic Uub cannot regenerate which you claim to be via his magic, see the issue here".

Also, the body functions... guess what... via the brain functioning! If your brain stops functioning entirely, your body shuts down!

You would need to prove he's negating a certain part of the brain for this. It's still a false equivalency.

Buu using magic is nothing but unsupported headcanon when all he was doing was punching, kicking and blasting Fat Buu.

Do you have literally any evidence that the regen is magic based? You need to prove it.

Also, someone's off-site response: "despite merging with Fat Buu and gaining his magic Uub cannot regenerate which you claim to be via his magic, see the issue here".
His body not making sense.

Uub doesn't have their body.

Also, the body functions... guess what... via the brain functioning! If your brain stops functioning entirely, your body shuts down!
If I stop the part of your brain controlling your right arm and you can still move other parts then blah blah blah you know the rest.
You would need to prove he's negating a certain part of the brain for this. It's still a false equivalency.
I don't. It's only shown that this is what it's happening, claiming it's bigger than this is what needs evidence.

Claiming the regeneration is magic because "his body doesn't make sense" is bs. That's not proof. You're literally denying that you need to prove your claim.

If you don't provide proof for your claim, then you concede to me and we can move on.

His body not making sense.

Uub doesn't have their body.
Uub absorbed their magic which is what makes him capable of regenning according to you.
If I stop the part of your brain controlling your right arm and you can still move other parts then blah blah blah you know the rest.
You have to prove that's what he did.
I don't. It's only shown that this is what it's happening, claiming it's bigger than this is what needs evidence.
Claiming that's what it is needs evidence. I don't need to disprove something you haven't proven.

I agree with SamanPatou too, it can be that, it can be regen negation or that bit of their magic being negated, regen of all things being what doesn't work is the least likely and theirs works due to their magic anyway.

Speaking of Majins, their Power Absorption is wrong. They don't steal the abilities others have so that others may don't have them anymore, they just absorb them via Absorption and copy their powers and other stuff via Power Mimitry and a Transformation. I was going to wait until changing the Power Absorption page's name into Power Steal to bring this up.
General question does Power absorption mean only abilities or literally power as in energy/strength or both?

Magic based regen is laughable. It's not magic based. It's literally just physiology.

That said, all this proves is that Majin regen has a weakness of taking energy/stamina to regen. Cell and Piccolo have similar things and it's pretty common in fiction.

That's more reasonable, but if i'm remembering the fight correctly they start fighting and neither are tired out and still don't regen.

I can go look at the manga if I need to.

Claiming the regeneration is magic because "his body doesn't make sense" is bs. That's not proof. You're literally denying that you need to prove your claim.
The regen comes from his body, his body doesn't make sense and should have some elements of magic or be infused with it, I didn't say their body is 100% magic.
Uub absorbed their magic which is what makes him capable of regenning according to you.
I didn't, I legit said he didn't have the same body.
You have to prove that's what he did.
I don't.
Claiming that's what it is needs evidence. I don't need to disprove something you haven't proven.
You're wrong.

General question does Power absorption mean only abilities or literally power as in energy/strength or both?
Superpowers, otherwise you have Absortion, Power Null or Stats Reduction.
all this proves is that Majin regen has a weakness of taking energy/stamina to regen. Cell and Piccolo have similar things and it's pretty common in fiction.
That can be it too.

The regen comes from his body, his body doesn't make sense and should have some elements of magic or be infused with it, I didn't say their body is 100% magic.
Ok? That doesn't mean his regen is magic based. That's a terrible argument.
I didn't, I legit said he didn't have the same body.
You argument is that his regen is magic based. If he fused and got the same magic, he would regen.
Burden of proof fallacy. Thanks for the concession though.
You're wrong.
Prove it.

By all means. I don't mind being wrong.
The scans in the OP are like, literally right after Kid Buu and Fat Buu unfuse, there's no indication of them being tired and fat buu fails to regen.

Thanks for the concession about the regen being his physiology and not magic btw, since you said Uub didn't regen because he didn't have Buu's body despite getting his magic.

I believe i've proven my point well enough. Anything else that needs discussing or can we move along?

I'm on Axx's side when it comes to magic being involved, and I agree with Cal's assumption that Buu's regen is based on stamina. After all, he was the one being wailed on the whole time alongside Vegeta while Goku was charging the Spirit Bomb.

Efi, the way we handle things is proving something is a fact with physical evidence. What you're doing is the exact opposite of that, telling everyone else to prove that what you're saying isn't what's happening with physical evidence. As Axx said, that's a blatant burden of proof fallacy. Either you prove that Majin Buu's regen is, in fact, magic, or drop the whole thing right now.

Ok, read the chapters where they fight. Buu doesn't regen from Kid Buu's PHYSICAL hits, but when Kid Buu blasts his head off, he regens.

This seems like a weird contradiction, I can't really find anything explaining this, and this is after fat buu takes a beating and is starting to become tired.

I want some other opinions, i'm genuinely very unsure.

Ok, read the chapters where they fight. Buu doesn't regen from Kid Buu's PHYSICAL hits, but when Kid Buu blasts his head off, he regens.

This seems like a weird contradiction, I can't really find anything explaining this, and this is after fat buu takes a beating and is starting to become tired.

I want some other opinions, i'm genuinely very unsure.
Should probably gather the scans here.

This seems more like an "X > Y" situation rather than an "X nullifies Y's regeneration" situation.

For example, Perfect Cell is capable of regenerating from his special core which takes on the form of a single cell. This, of course, allows him to recover from injuries such as having half of his torso blown off twice from two different angles (Final Flash and Instant Kamehameha). Despite this, he was still exhausting against Goku, leading Goku to give him a Senzu Bean in order to recover his stamina. Then, he was beaten around by SSJ2 Gohan to the point of being unable to stand properly and vomiting up Android 18. We wouldn't give Goku and Gohan Regeneration Negation because of this, would we?

This is no different. Innocent Buu could still regenerate from having a hole blown through his body and head but was being beaten to the point of exhaustion by Kid Buu until he's rendered unconscious and on the verge of death.

Please give Goku and Gohan Low-High Regeneration Negation. They deserve hax.

This is what someone said offsite:

*The Buus are stated to be able to actually do harm to each other- but we see that they're still able to regenerate anyways. This means that while they can kill each other, it has to be fatal- which to a Buu means total body destruction.
*The Daizenshuu states that Potara can only be undone via the air within Buu

Basically, Buu's innate-magic was able to negate the regeneration.

Efi, the way we handle things is proving something is a fact with physical evidence. What you're doing is the exact opposite of that, telling everyone else to prove that what you're saying isn't what's happening with physical evidence. As Axx said, that's a blatant burden of proof fallacy. Either you prove that Majin Buu's regen is, in fact, magic, or drop the whole thing right now.
I didn't say the regen "is magic", it's from his body and the odd parts of his body work with at least some use of magic, by extent the regen of their physiology, otherwise everything odd they have and do that isn't technically said to magic has 0 magic to it even tho he's confused with being the creation of a mage and the "Majin" of the name of the race can be translated as "Magical". Alternately, replace magic with mystical or supernatural.

You said that the regen was magic based. Don't change your argument. You said it was negating some of his magic and that's why his regen didn't work, then told me you didn't have to provide proof.

Don't change your goalpost now, if you have something ELSE to argue, argue it. Concede on that if you can't prove it, and argue your new point.

Goku kinda states that Kid Buu (and I guess all Majins) has infinite stamina, as his ki never goes down.
But then when Fat Buu fights Kid Bu, Vegeta explicirly says that his power is dropping due to fighting another Buu. I believe the clash between Majins causes them to starting feeling tired and getting actually hurt after awhile (as Fat Buu is able to regenerate at first), thing that doesn't normally happen when fighting non-Majin opponents.
But for this reason, and because there are no other references of this thing, I'm prone at thinking that this is limited to Majins fighting each other.
(Btw, I don't think his regen is based on magic, which could not even being involved at all in this instance)

iirc Buuhan was starting to have trouble healing after getting his face smashed in and exhausted by Vegito, it seems to be a stamina thing, rather the less stamina the harder it is to heal.

iirc Buuhan was starting to have trouble healing after getting his face smashed in and exhausted by Vegito, it seems to be a stamina thing, rather the less stamina the harder it is to heal.
Yeah but if they have infinite stamina that doesn't work.

Yeah, which would line up with Majin's magic they have being able to neg abilities like regen, right? That would work as an explanation, since it just being because 1 buu hit another genuinely doesn't make sense and leaves a lot of room for questioning.

Majin Buu is inconsistent when it comes to stamina, but him fighting Majin Buu seems to be the only time they ever truly exhausted. Or it appears they can indefinitely replenish their stamina that than always having infinite stamina like the Androids do.

That statement about Buuhan losing stamina is only in the anime, the manga doesn't have it. (This is the link to the start of the first chapter were Vegito appears)
Fair enough, havent read the manga in a long while.

Imho I think it works only between Majins, for all the reasons I said in my previous posts, but I agree with adding it to the profiles with an explanation.

You said that the regen was magic based. Don't change your argument. You said it was negating some of his magic and that's why his regen didn't work, then told me you didn't have to provide proof.

Don't change your goalpost now, if you have something ELSE to argue, argue it. Concede on that if you can't prove it, and argue your new point.
Magic-based =/= Just magic. I didn't change anything, what I said got warped to make it look worst, just like how now you're saying that I "told [you I] didn't have to provide proof", like I have any idea what you mean by it. You talked before about all their magic being negated when I was aiming it to 1 use their magic has for 1 power, it's not the same.

I argue the same as always, that I agree with SamanPatou and that adding Regen Negation is the least likely thing going on here.

Last edited:
Magic-based =/= It's just magic. I didn't change anything, what I said got warped to make it look worst, just like how now you're saying that I "told [you I] didn't have to provide proof", like I have any idea wha you mean by it.
Your argument was literally he negated part of his magic, you never proved it was magic-based regen.
I argue the same as always, that I agree with SamanPatou and that adding Regen Negation is the least likely thing going on here.
Your argument from the start was that he negated part of Buu's magic.
I worded it "that bit of their magic being negated" not for nothing.
Can we stop with circular argumentation please? If you aren't going to prove it then you genuinely need to stop arguing it.
Imho I think it works only between Majins, for all the reasons I said in my previous posts, but I agree with adding it to the profiles with an explanation.
You're fine with adding regen neg to the profiles with a proper explanation with it? If so, cool.

Does anyone have a proposal for the explanation?

I think that "Limited Regeneration Negation", explaining that it has only been seen to work against other Majins, could work.

Back