• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
If I fought an opponent and they kept regening and then my brother came and did the same thing and killed em he wouldn't get resistance to only that opponent. Seems like downplay.

If I fought an opponent and they kept regening and then my brother came and did the same thing and killed em he wouldn't get resistance to only that opponent. Seems like downplay.
Can you refrain from this please? That attitude is only going to take us backwards.

I think that "Limited Regeneration Negation", explaining that it has only been seen to work against other Majins, could work.
Limited regen neg I can see but not because it only ever happened against another Buu, I just haven't seen any good evidence for it being just a weakness of Buu.

I can see it being limited as it's not instantaneous, though. Are you ok with that?

Can you refrain from this please? That attitude is only going to take us backwards.
Sure
Limited regen neg I can see but not because it only ever happened against another Buu, I just haven't seen any good evidence for it being just a weakness of Buu.

I can see it being limited as it's not instantaneous, though. Are you ok with that?
I don't really see this as a thing of Buu going through regen as we can see Buu with visible marks against Beerus (unless you wanna say Beerus has regen negation. In which it would be stupid to say Beerus has negation only over Majin Buu and in turn the other Buu's.

Buu gets visible marks from most they fight and then they disappear in a few panels, it can be explained by his regeneration not being instant.

When Kid Buu spits out Buu he has marks for a second then they disappear. That would contradict the fact he goes past the regen of Buu.

When Kid Buu spits out Buu he has marks for a second then they disappear. That would contradict the fact he goes past the regen of Buu.
You’ve not been reading the thread. We’ve established that the regen neg would be limited because it isn’t instant, Kid Buu literally vaporizes Fat Buu’s head and he grows it back. But he starts becoming tired and his regen starts to fail after a prolonged fight with Kid Buu, despite never having this issue before.

Buu's regen starts to become ineffective after he loses stamina, which happens when fighting another Majin, as he regens even a hole in the stomach and his entire head initially.
Goku also confirmed that Kid Buu (and I guess all Buus) has infinite stamina.
This is another element that makes me believe this negation is only between Buus, as their stamina starts to fade.
In fact, more than negating regen it seems like a battle between Majins causes their stamina to become limited, and consequently they can't regenerate infinite times.

You’ve not been reading the thread. We’ve established that the regen neg would be limited because it isn’t instant, Kid Buu literally vaporizes Fat Buu’s head and he grows it back. But he starts becoming tired and his regen starts to fail after a prolonged fight with Kid Buu, despite never having this issue before.
He looked pretty out of it.

How are you saying that it’s after he loses stamina like that’s a fact? You can’t just neg stamina, and there’s nothing in the story indicating that’s what happens. Using your explanation for something to prove what you’re explaining isn’t a good idea.

Taking it at face value, which I believe is the best option here, gives limited regeneration negation. You would need proof for anything further.

Buu's regen starts to become ineffective after he loses stamina, which happens when fighting another Majin, as he regens even a hole in the stomach and his entire head initially.
Goku also confirmed that Kid Buu (and I guess all Buus) has infinite stamina.
This is another element that makes me believe this negation is only between Buus, as their stamina starts to fade.
In fact, more than negating regen it seems like a battle between Majins causes their stamina to become limited, and consequently they can't regenerate infinite times.
vegeta said he can get hurt , not he's getting tired , idk how u came to the conclusion that it's a stamina issue but ntg proves that , the evidence leans towards regen negation

How are you saying that it’s after he loses stamina like that’s a fact? You can’t just neg stamina, and there’s nothing in the story indicating that’s what happens. Using your explanation for something to prove what you’re explaining isn’t a good idea.

Taking it at face value, which I believe is the best option here, gives limited regeneration negation. You would need proof for anything further.
I never said it was confirmed, and you can't exactly confirm it was after no stamina. It simply could have been after a damage threshold. But he lost his head.

Yet him being obliterated by Vegeta’s final explosion didn’t stop his regen? Ok.

I don’t need to prove it isn’t stamina, the people making that claim need to prove it. Otherwise I can just dismiss them.

As I said, Kid Buu, and most likely all Buus, have infinite stamina, as Goku states (I linked the chapter in a previous reply).
As such, they can recover from alla damage, including wounds, being shredded to pieces or vaporized.
Fat Buu initially can regenerate, as he regrows his head that was destroyed by Kid Buu, but later he becomes unable to heal and starts stuffering the damage after having been thrashed.

My idea was "Infinite stamina = Infinite Regen", but two Buus fighting each other makes so that their stamina becomes limited, as so the regen as a consequence.
I have no clear proof of that, but it's not totally up in the air.

The "can get hurt" isn't quite literal, as all Buus can get hurt, they just regen back.

Yet him being obliterated by Vegeta’s final explosion didn’t stop his regen? Ok.

I don’t need to prove it isn’t stamina, the people making that claim need to prove it. Otherwise I can just dismiss them.
Anyways, the evidence on your argument is Kid Buu has regen negation is weird as we see Majin Buu lose his head twice and recovers. Kid Buu at that point is (or atleast should be) the strongest opponent he has faced. I think that's how. Same thing goes against Beerus because while he was using regen it looked partial.

Maybe the term "Can suffer permanent damage" would be bettet than just "can get hurt", since Fat Buu's injuries became permanent after fighting Kid Buu

Why isn’t it totally up in the air? It’s just an interpretation that requires an assumption. If you don’t have clear proof of it, then we can’t use it.

All Buus are like, literally all offspring of the original Buu or a different part of Buu, even in the games. Them having infinite stamina works.

You would still need to prove that it’s stamina based.

Anyways, the evidence on your argument is Kid Buu has regen negation is weird as we see Majin Buu lose his head twice and recovers. Kid Buu at that point is (or atleast should be) the strongest opponent he has faced. I think that's how. Same thing goes against Beerus because while he was using regen it looked partial.
Other than SSJ3 Goku, who can fight Kid Buu. Kid Buu doesn’t obliterate his entire body, he just punches him around some, and Fat Buu becomes tired when fighting him, despite having fought someone who’s supposed to be comparable to him.

Why isn’t it totally up in the air? It’s just an interpretation that requires an assumption. If you don’t have clear proof of it, then we can’t use it.

All Buus are like, literally all offspring of the original Buu or a different part of Buu, even in the games. Them having infinite stamina works.

You would still need to prove that it’s stamina based.

Other than SSJ3 Goku, who can fight Kid Buu. Kid Buu doesn’t obliterate his entire body, he just punches him around some, and Fat Buu becomes tired when fighting him, despite having fought someone who’s supposed to be comparable to him.
I'm pretty sure this is a stronger SSJ3 Goku.

Especially since U. Gohan should be stronger than SSJ3 Goku and he powered the Spirit Bomb and Buu was able to resist.

The only reason Buu could resist the Super Spirit Bomb, which destroyed his Majin Kamehameha, was because Goku was exhausted and did not have the power to control it.

So you’re saying U. Gohan is stronger? Why didn’t he neg the regen then?

Let’s stop the derailment though. If SamanPatou can’t prove what he’s claiming to me, then I believe we can move on.

Ok? You’re arguing it was the damage. He fought someone who you’re claiming is stronger, and who can beat the hell out of him consistently.

Like I said, it needs to be proven that it just has a damage limit. The Spirit Bomb destroyed Kid Buu at a cellular level, which is our explanation as to why he couldn’t regen. Because cellular level is his limit. But they’re not provably doing cellular damage.

My point is, you compared the regen of a buu who is most likely stronger than Majin Buu in base ( conisdering it's Evil Buu who is stronger than Majin Buu + Majin Buu .)

Ok? You’re arguing it was the damage. He fought someone who you’re claiming is stronger, and who can beat the hell out of him consistently.

Like I said, it needs to be proven that it just has a damage limit. The Spirit Bomb destroyed Kid Buu at a cellular level, which is our explanation as to why he couldn’t regen. Because cellular level is his limit. But they’re not provably doing cellular damage.
And it has circumstantial evidence of a limited regen thing.

So you’re saying U. Gohan is stronger? Why didn’t he neg the regen then?

Let’s stop the derailment though. If SamanPatou can’t prove what he’s claiming to me, then I believe we can move on.
I can't prove it, but I just wanted to note that it's not totally clear how the whole thing works, to me it can both neg regen and make stamina limited.
My point from the very start is that I disagree with assuming that the Majins can neg the regen of all other characters. (And I already estensively said why I think this).

Anyway, Buu's regen is limited by the strength of the opponent, as they shown multiple times to regen for any damage regardless of the opponent, as long as the damage doesn't go past the limit of the regen (i.e. beyond vaporization)

If you can not prove it, then I do not have to debunk it. It’s best to just take it at face value instead of assuming a positive or negative without any extra evidence.

Taking it at face value shows him halting Fat Buu’s regeneration. Assuming that them fighting somehow triggers or nullifies their stated infinite stamina is significantly unlikely to be accurate, as there’s no evidence for such, and we strive for accuracy. There being a possibility of something else does not mean we should use it.

I can understand why you’d think it, it would work as an explanation. But you have an assumption that requires some form of evidence.

Are you ok with Limited Regeneration Negation with the justification of (Halted Fat Buu’s regeneration, though not instantly)? The wording can be changed if someone has a better suggestion.

Strength wouldn’t affect regen.

...no?
1.The Buu was able to take blows from stronger opponents. Considering the fact that some of it is shielded from durability the rest should be regened.
Basically what I am saying is he would have to regen less.

2. The evidence for Limited Negation Buu is around average but overall not solid.

Yet fat Buu fails to regen to someone significantly stronger than him specifically because it’s Kid Buu, and something about him is halting his regen. There’s no “if” here, he just straight up gets his regen halted by Kid Buu, despite other versions of the same entity fighting people stronger than them and not getting negged.

It seems like it's a nullification of both regeneration and infinite stamina when Majins fight other Majins is the way I see it.

That’s a bit more reasonable. I don’t really get where this specific regen being linked with stamina comes from.

Can I get opinions on limited regeneration negation though?

I agree with Limited Regeneration Negation. The simplest explanation based on what we know is that Buu can slow down and eventually cut off regeneration over the course of a fight. It's very similar to KCM Naruto significantly slowing down the regeneration of Edo Tensei, for which he also received Limited Regeneration Negation.

Good Buu CAN regenerate while fighting Kid Buu. So you'd have to discuss from there what the statement that "They can damage eachother" would mean. It can be anything, including or possible Vegeta's misconception of how Buu's regen works. In which Kid Buu simply wore down its stamina and beat it down, Good Buu simply doesn't have the same regen /stamina that he used to have as Fat Buu, or they actually can just damage each other with their magical powers. But it's still an awkward statement due to the fact we DO see Good Buu regenerate his entire head against Kid Buu, so it can't be some kind of normal or obvious bodilty regen he is effecting if at all unless you argue that Kid Buu has selective regen negation, which sounds like a leap.

unknown.png

We’re saying limited regen neg because it’s not instant. He’s stated to not be regenning after an extended fight, cause his regen starts to fail after a while, but Kid Buu is stated to have infinite stamina, and Fat Buu is just another version of himself. He’s also never shown tiring against any other opponent, so this is the only exception.

We’re saying limited regen neg because it’s not instant. He’s stated to not be regenning after an extended fight, cause his regen starts to fail after a while, but Kid Buu is stated to have infinite stamina, and Fat Buu is just another version of himself. He’s also never shown tiring against any other opponent, so this is the only exception.
It's implied by Super Vegito that Super Buu might have limited regeneration in general, the only time we see Good Buu fight he has limited regen. Fat Buu =/= Good Buu, different beings even if they have somewhat similar personalities / appearances.

It's implied by Super Vegito that Super Buu might have limited regeneration in general, the only time we see Good Buu fight he has limited regen. Fat Buu =/= Good Buu, different beings even if they have somewhat similar personalities / appearances.
I mean, that’s anime only, correct? Pretty sure the wiki here doesn’t connect them at all, so I don’t know if you can use that. Mind showing or telling me how Super Buu was implied to have limited regen?

They’re different beings, but they originate from the same source, and their physiologies have shown to be the same, so you’d have to use evidence from a guidebook or the manga for that.

Also, wasn’t expecting to see you here. That’s... a shocker.

Back