• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Magolor VS Marx

Claiming that Void is above Marx and Magolor is purely headcanon. Both Marx and Magolor can defeat Void, even on their own.

With the info i have gotten, Void is unfanthomably superior to everything. My theory is that this "Void" is just an avatar, a messed avatar, Void has been stated to be the origin of everything.

Kirby71 said:
With the info i have gotten, Void is unfanthomably superior to everything.
My theory is that this "Void" is just an avatar, a messed avatar, Void has been stated to be the origin of everything.
No, stop. You're just using headcanon. Literally nothing suggests that Void is superior to everything. You theory isn't relevant to this discussion. Void has never been stated to be the origin of everything.

Yes on the first thing, sort of no on the second, he was said to be the origin of everything, it's just that it's "origin" as in genesis/descent/derivation.

Eficiente said:
Yes on the first thing, sort of no on the second, he was said to be the origin of everything, it's just that it's "origin" as in genesis/descent/derivation.
I vaguely remember that, but can you please post scans?

There aren't two votes. There's only one vote for Magolor, and that one shouldn't even count, as the vote is because of Magolor's teleportation, something Marx also has.

Magolor's teleportation makes him vanish from the dimension while still being able to move Vanilla Ice style, except he can still see where he's going. That move and Deadly Needles are presumably Spatial Manip whereas Marx has no hax Magolor can't resist.

Eficiente said:
Magolor's teleportation makes him vanish from the dimension while still being able to move Vanilla Ice style, except he can still see where he's going. That move and Deadly Needles are presumably Spatial Manip whereas Marx has no hax Magolor can't resist.
It really doesn't matter if he vanishes from the dimension or not, neither can hit the other while they are teleporting. Base Magolor's spatial manip is pretty shit anyways, he only uses them for Deadly Needles, which functions as just a basic attack. Marx has durability negation, which Magolor doesn't resist.

Dimensional Vanish is offensive spatial manip too, when he comes out of it. Marx's durability negation is something that doesn't one-shot, Magolor is aware of, and can Dimensional Vanish out of as those attacks take some time. The time limit Dimensional Vanish has are Game Mechanics, which makes the move even better for Magolor. ..and then you have the Lor, which he can summon at any time.

Magolor just has a better chance at taking this.

Eficiente said:
Dimensional Vanish is offensive spatial manip too, when he comes out of it. Marx's durability negation is something that doesn't one-shot, Magolor is aware of, and can Dimensional Vanish out of as those attacks take some time. The time limit Dimensional Vanish has are Game Mechanics, which makes the move even better for Magolor. ..and then you have the Lor, which he can summon at any time.
Magolor just has a better chance at taking this.
How is Dimensional Vanish offensive? Just cause it doesn't one-shot doesn't mean it doesn't help. Marx also knows everything Magolor can do, and he can teleport out of any of Magolor's attacks. Even if Dimensional Vanish doesn't have a time limit, it doesn't affect the fight. All it means is Magolor becomes invulnerable for longer. It's not like he can hit Marx when he's invulnerable. It'll just stall. The Lor only does damage once you have friends board it (likely game mechanics, but still), and it takes too long to charge.

"when he comes out of it", he warps space. Marks the difference of usefulness, by a lot. He doesn't, them meeting is optional, "teleport out" for him is less useful. It does as Marx can't do anything with Magolor not being present. Marx can't hit someone who isn't there, saying that Magolor is just "invulnerable" is misleading. Having the Lor doesn't take a lot of time, and it having to charge its size to not even have its real size are game mechanics, yes.

Eficiente said:
"when he comes out of it", he warps space. Marks the difference of usefulness, by a lot. He doesn't, them meeting is optional, "teleport out" for him is less useful. It does as Marx can't do anything with Magolor not being present. Marx can't hit someone who isn't there, saying that Magolor is just "invulnerable" is misleading. Having the Lor doesn't take a lot of time, and it having to charge its size to not even have its real size are game mechanics, yes.
Barely. Not to useful for combat. If Magolor knows about Marx's dura neg, then Marx also knows about Magolor. Marx's teleport is just as good as Magolor's teleport. While it's true Marx can't do anything to Magolor when Magolor teleports, Magolor can't do anything to Marx either. He's gotta raise his hands, summon the Lor, then launch it forwards. It's a sluggish move than Marx can easily avoid.

"Barely" warping space one-shots without resistance. All Star Allies can fight Marx, Marx himself can't fight them, but ok. It's not; Staying untouchable for as much as required, warping space while coming out, and being almost invisible while using it, heck the "almost" is likely even a game mechanic. That only if he uses it for the pre-created move he has in Star Allies, instead of, you know, using the Lor freely, as he can do just by thinking.

Eficiente said:
"Barely" warping space one-shots without resistance. All Star Allies can fight Marx, Marx himself can't fight them, but ok. It's not; Staying untouchable for as much as required, warping space while coming out, and being almost invisible while using it, heck the "almost" is likely even a game mechanic. That only if he uses it for the pre-created move he has in Star Allies, instead of, you know, using the Lor freely, as he can do just by thinking.
Doesn't he just push them away? Besides, Marx should have resistance. What do you even mean? If you're saying Magolor knows Marx's moveset, then Marx should also know Magolor's moveset. Marx is also untouchable and invisible while teleporting, and Magolor's space warp is weak and leaves him vulnerable. Wait... Magolor can just freely use the Lor in this match? If so, then I'm probably changing my vote.

@Sptflcrw He shouldn't as Marx resisting his attacks is optional. Marx goes from point A to B, obligatorily, Magolor's teleport is structurally different (it's not even technically a teletort as he uses a portal). Yeah it's not something the crown gave him, Landia was able to do that too, I believe there were also statements supporting Mag being able to do this.

@Zamasu If I only had the original manual of his game he would likely had that tier again.

Zamasu Chan said:
I miss tier 3 Magalor
I don't. It felt uncomfortable and just wrong having Magolor at the top. He didn't have any solid tier 3 stuff anyway. I personally perfer tier 4 Kirby characters, because they're probably the strongest tier 4 characters on the site. (Stronger than Star Wars and Touhou, fight me)

Eficiente said:
@Sptflcrw He shouldn't as Marx resisting his attacks is optional. Marx goes from point A to B, obligatorily, Magolor's teleport is structurally different (it's not even technically a teletort as he uses a portal). Yeah it's not something the crown gave him, Landia was able to do that too, I believe there were also statements supporting Mag being able to do this.
@Zamasu If I only had the original manual of his game he would likely had that tier again.
What? No. It can happen in game, therefore he resists it. Don't give me that "it's optional" bullshit. That's... what a teleport does... Who cares if he uses a portal or not? If anything, using a portal is worse, as it's slower that way. Landia did what? Statements about what? What are you even talking about?

Also Magolor will never be tier 3, just face it.

By that logic everyone would have Resistance to Space, Black Holes, Empathic Manipulation and Morality hax, the latter 2 on a multi-galactic scale. The act of using the teleport and coming back from it is just as slow. Using the Lor. Magolor using the Lor without being inside of it... I mean he even uses it like that in Star Allies.

There are literally massive amounts of information that we simply don't have, Magolor's tier comes from the little shown in the game that we do know. There could easily be stuff such as "Another Dimension was going to be destroyed with his defeat", or his screen flipping move could have been said to affect Another Dimension, or that attack literally called Another Dimension, in which he shows galaxies, could have been said to do something with Another Dimension or those galaxies.

Dude... They already do... With a teleport, you just have to think, and then bam, you're there. But with a portal, first you have to make the portal and then you have to enter the potal. It's slower. I wasn't aware he could use the Lor freely in this match.

None of that stuff is tier 3.

Sptflcrw said:
With a teleport, you just have to think, and then bam, you're there.
Not how his teleport works. Most of the things you say can be omitted if you read the Notable Attacks/Techniques of this characters, Marx contracts his body, then teleport like that, and then puts himself in a normal position. With this being just as fast as Mag's portal thing. In fact many Kirby bosses don't just instantly teleport, those use at least hands movements first (then teleport, and then hands back to normal, there is a pattern here).

Flipping a universe and moving galaxies at FTL speeds is tier 3, the first one which is his most famous feat could even be tier 2. But this is not important.

Marx doesn't contract his body, it's nearly instant. Marx has no signal that he's about to teleport.

For one, he was never able to flip over Another Dimension. At most it was a large portion. Which isn't tier 3. But even if he flipped the entire universe, how on earth would that be tier 2? When has Magolor shown the ability to move galaxies?

Yes he "makes himself a ball".

"There could easily be stuff such as" & "his screen flipping move could have been said to affect Another Dimension". "the first" aims the "Another Dimension was going to be destroyed with his defeat". He didn't but has a move which shows them and is called as the universe where the battle takes place.

Eficiente said:
Yes he "makes himself a ball".
"There could easily be stuff such as" & "his screen flipping move could have been said to affect Another Dimension". "the first" aims the "Another Dimension was going to be destroyed with his defeat". He didn't but has a move which shows them and is called as the universe where the battle takes place.
First of all, no he doesn't.

What are you even going on about? I actually can't read what you're writing. Besides, why on earth would they include detailed information on the surprise final boss in the game's manual? That's stupid.

He does, and you should have been the one showing the evidence.

You didn't the first time and now a repetition of that to mark your error sentence for sentence is unintelligible, how convenient. Because all the Jap Kirby manuals do the same, which is where the Jap wiki always takes the names of the attacks from.
SCIMG1584
Hey look that same stuff happening for a "surprise final boss", isn't it stupid?

He does almost the same thing and is still not instant, this accomplishes nothing.

Sptflcrw said:
For one, he was never able to flip over Another Dimension. At most it was a large portion. Which isn't tier 3.
"There could easily be stuff such as" & "his screen flipping move could have been said to affect Another Dimension"; recognizes this as a possibility, not a fact as you did. Otherwise you are super redundant as we all know that he never flipped Another Dimension.

Sptflcrw said:
But even if he flipped the entire universe, how on earth would that be tier 2?
Never said it was. I said "the first one which is his most famous feat could even be tier 2" referring to the first feat mentioned (obviously); "There could easily be stuff such as "Another Dimension was going to be destroyed with his defeat"". Another Dimension is a universe.

Still faster than Magolor's.

You're relying on what-ifs. Don't do that. Nothing suggests it.

"Flipping a universe and moving galaxies at FTL speeds is tier 3, the first one which is his most famous feat could even be tier 2" This seems to imply that flipping a universe could be tier 2. Nowhere in said comment did you even mention Magolor's defeat destroying Another Dimension.

By what, less then a second? Try not being super nitpicking, that would be optimum.

So, you weren't able to understand that when it started as "There are literally massive amounts of information that we simply don't have", with "There could easily be stuff such as" and 2 more "could"s? Sorry bro you need to pay more attention.

Sptflcrw said:
Nowhere in said comment did you even mention Magolor's defeat destroying Another Dimension.
Look 2 comments above. That was an answer to "None of that stuff is tier 3", the target is that stuff, and the stuff is 2 comments above. Furthermore it's already very suspicious that saying "his most famous feat" means nothing to someone who said "Also Magolor will never be tier 3, just face it."

Back