• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Magical Girl rising Project Upgrade

I know a lot about this verse so I can help with the scaling.

The first person who scales is Swim Swim after taking the energy pills because she more or less tanked the attack, only suffering minor damage and being knocked out. Ripple scales to this version Swim Swim for killing her.

Snow White in her second key scales to this because she regularly fights magical girls who are equal or superior to Cranberry, like Marika Fukuroi who fought Cranberry to a draw.

Next there are bunch of magical girls who scale to Ripple or to people who scale to Ripple. Calamity Mary Scales to Ripple both physically and with weapons for fighting on par with her. Hardgore Alice scale to Calamity Mary because she is physically stronger than her. Weiss Winterprison scales to Calamity Mary. Rionetta Scales to Ripple for beating her in a fight. Clantail should be superior to Rionetta so she scales. Melville killed Rionetta so she scales. Lapis Lazuline scales to Melville. Both @Meow-Meow and Masked Wonder scale to Melville, because Melville stated she would have had a tough time beating either of them in a fight and had to resort to assassinating them both. Akane Should scale due to the fact that when she went on a rampage characters like Clantail, Rionetta, and Melville ran from her. Magical Daisy fought Akane on equal footing so she scales. Lastly Cherna Mouse and Pfle's crab tank scale because Cherna is stronger than all the Restart Arc magical girls when she grows in size, and Pfle's tank was overpowering Cherna's 30 meter form.

La Pucelle probably scales too. She should be at least as strong as Ripple, but I can't definitively place her.

Both calculations look good to me.

Also, about Maou School MGs level:

Fal considered the reasons for the total party kill, and then it realized something. All the members of Maou's School had been eliminated, thus resulting in a huge drop in the participants' fighting ability, and in turn, the mook monsters were much more threatening.

The mooks in this game were ultimately a sideshow; the main event was the Demon King battling the Magical Girls. They could not have the Magical Girls being wiped out just by fighting trash mobs.

It would seem the game's difficulty would need to be tweaked.

Fal weakened the endurance of the robots, which could otherwise take a nuclear strike. It weakened the power of the satellite orbital laser which was fired on the ground, turned the Ogres into Goblins, turned the Dragons into Dragonlings, and changed the mooks on the Grasslands. After that were the boss adjustments.

So, members of Maou's School can destroy enemies, which could otherwise take a nuclear strike.

In the fifth novel it says that there are some magical girls stronger than weapons of mass destruction, which backs up Maou's School magical girls being able to destroy robots that can take nukes:

Magical Girls were vendors of hopes and dreams. Even so, people who stained their hands with crime would regularly turn up. No matter how strict the selection process, there would always be a certain percentage of ne'er do wells among them. The paradox was that the more deviant they were, the more influential they were, so there was no way to get rid of them. It was not only humans who could have bad apples among their number.

Or rather, when it happened among Magical Girls, the consequences would be more dire than if it happened among humans. Magical Girls could easily deal with large carnivorous beasts, to say nothing of humans. Their abilities varied from person to person, and some Magical Girls had destructive power which surpassed those of tanks, fighter jets, guided missiles and weapons of mass destruction. Wayward Magical Girls were far more dangerous than wayward human beings.

Would the in-series stats for each magical girl matter for our case to compare/rank the magical girls? Or would they not help?

I'm asking because nearly all the magical girls mentioned above who would scale to each other have 4/5 or 5/5 Strength, except Ripple (3/5), Snow White (2/5) and Swim Swim (2/5). Granted, they have ways to fight equally thanks to their magic (Never-missing homing attacks, Mind reading and Intangibility respectively), but does that make them on-par AP-wise?

I'm asking because nearly all the magical girls mentioned above who would scale to each other have 4/5 or 5/5 Strength, except Ripple (3/5), Snow White (2/5) and Swim Swim (2/5). Granted, they have ways to fight equally thanks to their magic (Never-missing homing attacks, Mind reading and Intangibility respectively), but does that make them on-par AP-wise?

We cannot use stats ranks from Data Book. Because they are wery... strange.

The stats don't really help much and are pretty inconsistent. An example is the magical girl Pythie Frederica who has some of the best stats of any magical girl but is pretty weak overall. She also has comparable stats to Rain Pow but was easily defeated by her like she was nothing.

I see. Got it, thanks. (I always wondered why the hell Sister Nana has 4/5 in all three physical stats when all she does is support)

An example is the magical girl Pythie Frederica who has some of the best stats of any magical girl but is pretty weak overall. She also has comparable stats to Rain Pow but was easily defeated by her like she was nothing.

Or SW, who defeated Deluge in hand-to-hand combat. And has only 2/5 in strength.

Would it go like this then?

Cherna Mouse (max size) > Pfle's tank > Cherna Mouse (30-meters) >= Cranberry = Marika Fukuroi = Snow White (Arc2+) >= Hardgore Alice = Clantail = Melville = Lapis Lazuline = @Meow-Meow = Masked Wonder = Akane = Magical Daisy >= Rionetta >= Ripple = Swim Swim (with energy pills) = Calamity Mary = Weiss Winterprison = La Pucelle >= the rest

Cranberry,Marika,Snow White,Melville,Clantail and Lapis Lazuline might be equal to pfle's tank. Melville, when thinking about the other magical and the threat they posed to her, stated that if the tank is the best thing that Shadow Gale can make then she wouldn't be a problem. This implies that Melville was confident she could destroy the tank. Melville was also originally going to kill Cherna last and only changed her mind when after she saw Cherna's max size, saying it was too much for her to handle. Again this implies that she would have been able to deal with Cherna's 30 meter form.

Cherna Mouse (max size) > Pfle's tank Ôëê Cranberry = Marika = Snow White (Arc2+) = Ripple (Arc2+) >= Clantail = Melville = Lapis Lazuline >= Cherna Mouse (30-meters) >= Hardgore Alice >Ôëê Calamity Mary >Ôëê @Meow-Meow = Masked Wonder = Akane = Magical Daisy >= Rionetta >= Ripple (Arc1) = Swim Swim (with energy pills) = Weiss Winterprison = La Pucelle >= the rest

That seems good. Another thing I would like to add is that Ripple should have a second key for Arc2+. She gets stronger after Unmarked and should be comparable to Arc2+ Snow White. Ripple's Arc2+ key should also have her missing left eye and arm as a weakness.

That's fair. Though I'd prefer someone else did it. Since I'm following Yen Press' release of the LN, I'm only on Volume 3/Arc 2. Arc 3 will have been completely released around March 2019, so I won't see Ripple's feats for a while.

Note, that it's only brute strength rating. With magic Cranberry can defeat Cherna Mouse (max size) by one attack. Akane and Daisy too.

Yes, of course. Overall, magic included, Cranberry, Akane, Daisy and Wonder (and likely Tama) can beat Cherna, whatever her size is. But in terms of purely AP, Cherna is the strongest

Among the girls mentioned above, all of them are 8-A, then? What about the non-mentioned girls, what tier would they be? Is there anything we could use for that?

Also

If 30-meter-tall Cherna threw a punch at, let's say, Lapis Lazuline, and Lapis punched back to strike Cherna's fist, would Lapis really win and push Cherna's fist back? We're talking about a 30-meter-tall girl here
When Melville implied she could kill Cherna, wouldn't it be better to assume she meant that she could have just easily fooled her with her color powers since Cherna's dumb, and struck her vital parts with her javelins to kill her? It feels very odd to me that anyone would beat Cherna in raw strength

Yes all of those mentioned above would be 8-A. The non-mentioned magical girls can stay at 8-C.

About the Chena stuff, I never said that Melville could beat Cherna in raw strength, but she would still have to be in the same general ballpark in order to hurt and kill her. This is further backed up by Melville implying that she could destroy Pfle's crab tank. Basically while Cherna is physically stronger then Melville, she can also be hurt by Melville which puts them in the same general tier.

Ofc, if Melville is confident in destroying Pfle's tank, which is stronger than 30-meter Cherna, then she clearly has the means to kill Cherna. But in terms of who has higher AP, Cherna would be a bit higher.

For the non-mentioned girls, would High 8-C make more sense? While they aren't as strong as the ones mentioned, they're not weak (minus a few). The difference between low-end 8-C and low-end 8-A is huge, x400. Even if weaker, the others aren't that phenomenally weaker than the top girls. However, are there even any feats or at least hints that they would be higher than base 8-C? From the first 2 arcs, all I can think off is Top Speed crashing into a building and her windshield repelling Mary's non-sniper bullets

I agree that in general Cherna has higher ap than Melville or Lazuline.

I don't know about the High 8-C stuff, it would be best to get more input on that.

Now that you reminded me, Top Speed's broom should be 8-A. Like you said it's windshield could tank Mary's shots and it is implied that her charge would have hurt Mary if she didn't dodge. Top Speed's rating should be something like this: 8-C normally and 8-A Charging with Rapid Swallow.

or at least hints that they would be higher than base 8-C?

Like author stated through Fal:

Fal considered the reasons for the total party kill, and then it realized something. All the members of Maou's School had been eliminated, thus resulting in a huge drop in the participants' fighting ability, and in turn, the mook monsters were much more threatening.

The mooks in this game were ultimately a sideshow; the main event was the Demon King battling the Magical Girls. They could not have the Magical Girls being wiped out just by fighting trash mobs.

It would seem the game's difficulty would need to be tweaked.

Fal weakened the endurance of the robots, which could otherwise take a nuclear strike. It weakened the power of the satellite orbital laser which was fired on the ground, turned the Ogres into Goblins, turned the Dragons into Dragonlings, and changed the mooks on the Grasslands. After that were the boss adjustments.

So, If MG can fight with Maou School disciples - she must be above base 8-C.

From this, I'm getting that all of the Maou School disciples got killed, and Fav weakened the monsters (which would have been easily beaten by them) because the only girls left were weaker and couldn't beat the monsters at their previous level. If anything, it seems to show that the regular MGs are much weaker than Maou School MGs

@SnowFlame For my previous statement, would MGs like Cranberry or Lapis really be 400 times stronger than MGs like Shadow Gale, Tama or Nonako? It sounds ridiculous. That x400 is the different of power between low-end 8-C and low-end 8-A. That sounds way too much of a gap

Yes they really would be that much stronger. It is brought up multiple times in the series that the strength of Magical Girls can vary wildly, with some being only able to destroy buildings and others being stronger than nukes. Cranberry and Lapis are on the higher end of the spectrum, with Cranberry outright being stated to be one the strongest magical girls in the world. It is also brought up multiple times that non-combat magical girls like Tama or Shadow Gale stand are much weaker combat oriented magical girls.

Here is an example of a magical girl, Nephilia, talking about the gap in strength between magical girls:

Nephilia had long since lost the will to fight. Said will to fight had been ruthlessly hacked to bits with the sound of slicing steel. Dreamy Chelsea had flown through the sky at incredible speeds, then cut through the rock field and snatched Pastel Merry away. After that, another entity had appeared behind her. There was no need to ponder who she was. The being chasing Chelsea was an enemy. Being able to make Chelsea run away was no mean feat. Nephilia could say that because she had once fought Dreamy☆Chelsea. Chelsea was a monster. Yet even that monstrous Chelsea had no choice but to run for her life. While a bare-handed human would consider a grizzly bear, a tank, an aircraft carrier and a space fortress to be invincible opponents, there were still steep disparities of power between such unbeatable foes. Be it in the Foreign Affairs Department, the graduates of Maou's School or anti-establishment hooligans, there was a pyramid of strength and weakness in all of them. No matter how powerful a Magical Girl was, they would know that there was always a bigger fish. That was why Nephilia ran in panic without any hesitation. Nephilia did not want to fight anyone that Chelsea could not beat, even if Chelsea had only been mistaken. She valued her own hide the most of all.

Wow. That's interesting. I always had in my mind the difference not being that huge between battle-oriented and non-battle-oriented MGs... Well, seems like I'm wrong

So, with Cranberry at 8-A (and 3.8 times above its base at that), where does that put Swim Swim? She didn't die but still got knocked out of her MG form, so Cranberry's attack had a solid effect on her. Would Swim Swim still be at 8-A, though lower in the tier, or fall into High 8-C?

Swim Swim would still be 8-A because while the attack knocked her out it otherwise did only minor damage. If she was only high 8-C it would have killed her.

Ok, fair.

Just a couple things to be sure...

When Mary and Alice fought. At one point, Alice throws Mary onto a big wall and only it breaks, noo the entire building or more. Still safe to put Alice as far as 8-A?

When Winterprison was fighting Swim Swim's group, her walls didn't cause that much damage around. Still safe to put Weiss at far as 8-A

While Clantail was clearly overpowering them, Shadow Gale and Pfle were still fighting quite well against her during their fight. Should SG and Pfle remain lower?

Back