• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Magic Walls Face Off (The Player vs Gerald Tarrant)

Out of curiousity

is Gerald's probability manip able to make a few of the 16 or so gods the Player support somehow be pissed and smite him.

Considering how he's on probability itself's good side

maybe

i dunno really, don't know much about either guy

I mean, if we equate probability to chaos then Xom may or may not be pissed that the Player is fighting Gerald.

If we ignore Xom, the Player actually has a spell that dispels undead (Gerald has type 7 so I assume this would work) by disrupting the forces that make it together. So that's neat.

Gerald's biggest abilities are going to be the soul manipulation and memory manipulation. How likely is he to use those?

Gerald's weakness to light, fire, and healing is going to be a big problem for him due to the fact the Player has those in spades and he's literally backed by like 3 gods that use that.

Probability manipulation is still a problem though too

Not voting yet

...gross

That'd probably kill the Player unless one of his gods is nice enough to neg the damage done. So it kinda depends on that

Actually, due to the fact this is composite I'd presume he's on pretty good terms with all the gods. So it's probably likely that a god saves his ass at least once or twice.

Don't think probability would be chaos here, as it's more just stuff going well for Gerald than making everything fucky

that spell will definitely kill Gerald pretty bad, it just depends on whether Player gets it off before he's eaten

Dunno how likely he is to use those

Definitely. Player also has a way, way higher AP

Gerald is more likely to start with coldfire (flash freezing + lifedrain) than the worms. Soul and memory rewriting aren't really something he does in combat, though he can undoubtedly do them on the fly.

Also the undead spells that hold him together are pretty strong, being granted by the Unnamed which is the abstract embodiment of all of humanity's evil and a **** ton of demons, and he's most definitely not immediately visible as undead, even to supernatural undead sensing powers.

Back