• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Peppersalt43

They/Them
ALTERNATE TITLE: THE JUMPSCARE JIVE

And so begins my contribution to the Horror Street saga and what better way than to start with a bang!

Also the Jumpscare Jive sounds like the Gen Z version of the Monster Mash
● ------------------------------------- ●
Legends have been told about the derelict mansion upon the hill that casts a blanket of darkness over the town. The history of the house itself is virtually unknown and even the town's oldest residents cannot remember the mansion's origin. As for its interior, nobody returned to tell the tale though rumors spread as they often do. Some tell of horrifying monsters of all shapes and sizes, bringing upon a frightful death upon those who encountered them, others tell of a secret organization inhabiting its walls, and less credible ones tell of a great event that may occur should one manage to traverse through the twisted halls of the mansion

Of course, nobody has managed that yet though the concept was quite intriguing for Old Malak

You see, rifts had begun to form throughout the multiverse, bringing many horrific and evil beings together. Fights occurred, it's human nature of course though only time could tell when they may unite or worse, if a strong enough being may emerge to lead them. It was imperative that Malak came out on top and this mansion should offer him the means to do so.

He adjusted his tie and walked through the door, being met by a pristine yet dimly lit stone room though that wasn't the most remarkable thing there. In the middle of the room, a ghastly child floated, her appearance quite innocent though the demon knew better than to be deceived.

"A specter? I've had enough mortal souls persisting after death for this to surprise me..." Malak thought Scornfully
"Hello, I am Spooky! And this is my home. Can you humble player make it through a thousand rooms? Can you find what lies at the end? Or is there even an end? Cuz I don't really know. Anyway, just... just go," Spooky greeted before phasing through the ceiling.

As Malak took a step up the stairs, a cardboard cutout slammed onto his face. Malak sighed, an eternal glare on his face as he glanced up at the ghost and simply walked up the stairs, not giving it a second thought... resulting in a cardboard cutout slamming into his face, which only served to infuriate the ancient demon "Pop-up scares and party tricks?! This is why I came to this mansion?!" He thought quickly in rage before swiftly collecting himself in silence, there would be time to torment the one responsible later..."

"Find the specter and bring her to me, I do not care what you have to do, make it happen!" He snapped, two portals appearing beside him that spat out several different kinds of monsters, from monkeys to golden statues to living duckies, Malak had no problem using his minions to deal with this problem for him, but if they took to long, he'd have to handle this himself...

• Speed equalized
  • Place Located in: The Mansion

00522-1454836208.jpeg

VS
latest

Last edited:
Yeah Spooky kinda... doesn't have wincon. She seems to only be 8-A with Creation and is 9-C in usual AP she uses, which is at melee. And if Malak gets his hands on her he's just breaking her soul no questions asked.

In fact Spooky's only combat ability that isn't ghost stuff is power null that works on people trying to run, which is like... not very useful? Malak doesn't really have to run, he can regen or one-shot anything that comes at him
""A specter? Well, not my first," Malak thought."
To ""A specter? I've had enough mortal souls persisting after death for this to surprise me..." Malak thought Scornfully"

"As Malak took a step up the stairs, a cardboard cutout slammed onto his face. He flinched and rubbed his nose before letting out a disappointed sigh."

To "Malak sighed, an eternal glare on his face as he glanced up at the ghost and simply walked up the stairs, not giving it a second thought... resulting in a cardboard cutout slamming into his face, which only served to infuriate the ancient demon "Pop-up scares and party tricks?! This is why I came to this mansion?!" He thought quickly in rage before swiftly collecting himself in silence, there would be time to torment the one responsible later..."

""Find that specter and bring her to me!" he said, his minions popping into existence right next to him."

To ""Find the specter and bring her to me, I do not care what you have to do, make it happen!" He snapped, two portals appearing beside him that spat out several different kinds of monsters, from monkeys to golden statues to living duckies, Malak had no problem using his minions to deal with this problem for him, but if they took to long, he'd have to handle this himself..."

Basically I'm just adding detail and solidifying more of Malak's in-character actions(like ya think an ancient demon that eats being slammed around and being impaled is gonna scare easy? Lol... honestly easy to anger should probably be on Malak's profile, though he kinda is honestly in a pissy mood)

Honestly I will say is that the dialog exchange would be comedy gold at worst, a pissed off demon with a playful and happy-go-lucky ghost would pretty much just get Malak angrier and angrier

Yeah Spooky kinda... doesn't have wincon. She seems to only be 8-A with Creation and is 9-C in usual AP she uses, which is at melee. And if Malak gets his hands on her he's just breaking her soul no questions asked.

In fact Spooky's only combat ability is power null that works on people trying to run, which is like... not very useful? Malak doesn't really have to run, he can regen or one-shot anything that comes at him
The important part about it this time is that this match is technically taking place on Spooky's turf. She can very well just continuously evade Malak (I'm pretty sure he doesn't have many tracking options. His telepathy and clairvoyance do require marking though I'm not sure if that interdimensional applies to his Telepathy ability) by twisting the mansion's structure while her specimens (Some of which have some pretty decent haxes) take him out.

She does also have soul manip
""A specter? Well, not my first," Malak thought."
To ""A specter? I've had enough mortal souls persisting after death for this to surprise me..." Malak thought Scornfully"

"As Malak took a step up the stairs, a cardboard cutout slammed onto his face. He flinched and rubbed his nose before letting out a disappointed sigh."

To "Malak sighed, an eternal glare on his face as he glanced up at the ghost and simply walked up the stairs, not giving it a second thought... resulting in a cardboard cutout slamming into his face, which only served to infuriate the ancient demon "Pop-up scares and party tricks?! This is why I came to this mansion?!" He thought quickly in rage before swiftly collecting himself in silence, there would be time to torment the one responsible later..."

""Find that specter and bring her to me!" he said, his minions popping into existence right next to him."

To ""Find the specter and bring her to me, I do not care what you have to do, make it happen!" He snapped, two portals appearing beside him that spat out several different kinds of monsters, from monkeys to golden statues to living duckies, Malak had no problem using his minions to deal with this problem for him, but if they took to long, he'd have to handle this himself..."

Basically I'm just adding detail and solidifying more of Malak's in-character actions(like ya think an ancient demon that eats being slammed around and being impaled is gonna scare easy? Lol... honestly easy to anger should probably be on Malak's profile, though he kinda is honestly in a pissy mood)
Huh, criticism. This doesn't happen very often. I'll incorporate this
Honestly I will say is that the dialog exchange would be comedy gold at worst, a pissed off demon with a playful and happy-go-lucky ghost would pretty much just get Malak angrier and angrier
This would make for one hell of a Death Battle

The important part about it this time is that this match is technically taking place on Spooky's turf. She can very well just continuously evade Malak (I'm pretty sure he doesn't have many tracking options. His telepathy and clairvoyance do require marking though I'm not sure if that interdimensional applies to his Telepathy ability) by twisting the mansion's structure while her specimens (Some of which have some pretty decent haxes) take him out.
The only one thats an actual threat there is the EE one, the rest just kinda get sniped or get themselves killed by one of the dozens of monsters of Malak's running around, but Malak can also just like, think and make a shockwave to reduce the EE one to it's constituent atoms.

And yeah the Telepathy and whatnot requires marking the target, which Malak only does to people he really despises
She does also have soul manip
She doesn't seem to use it very quickly in a battle, and from what I know, is more liable to try and physically kill or dump minions one at a time
Huh, criticism. This doesn't happen very often. I'll incorporate this
Yeah Malak is one of those characters I can lowkey write for given the information about the setting lol

The only one thats an actual threat there is the EE one, the rest just kinda get sniped or get themselves killed by one of the dozens of monsters of Malak's running around, but Malak can also just like, think and make a shockwave to reduce the EE one to it's constituent atoms.
Actually there's also Specimen 12 who just possesses anyone that kills it and I'm tentatively sure Malak doesn't resist that
She doesn't seem to use it very quickly in a battle, and from what I know, is more liable to try and physically kill or dump minions one at a time
Yeah, it did happen during the bad ending. They basically get soul manipped while dealing with the final boss before her monologue begins so she does at least know to do it first before gloating

Actually there's also Specimen 12 who just possesses anyone that kills it and I'm tentatively sure Malak doesn't resist that
They can't do that without a soul.

And if they do it to one of the minions uh, they can't do crap to Malak anyways lol
Yeah, it did happen during the bad ending. They basically get soul manipped while dealing with the final boss before her monologue begins so she does at least know to do it first before gloating
Okay it's a wincon, just not one Spooky is liable to use very often.

So basically, either Spooky tries to handle it herself and gets bodied or she soul manips first, Malak turns the final boss to it's constituent atoms, and since it doesn't seem to be body control, Malak can probably just... kill her then of she gets too close. His Soul Manipulation is VERY fast-acting in destruction.

So basically, either Spooky tries to handle it herself and gets bodied or she soul manips first, Malak turns the final boss to it's constituent atoms, and since it doesn't seem to be body control, Malak can probably just... kill her then of she gets too close. His Soul Manipulation is VERY fast-acting in destruction.
Ah, so not a stomp?

I think that space manip of Spooky's is getting ignored a lil bit, couldn't she essentially trap Malak in the halls and rooms and steadily wear him down with her haxxy monsters and/or Soul Manip? I think she could put Malak into a situation where she could reach him but he couldn't reach her, unless I'm reading the justification incorrectly

Though I do agree that Malak has advantages overall, her spatial manip seems to be really good though

Voting Malak for now but I'd like to see that part talked about a lil bit

Also good job on the story, can't speak for Malak cuz I haven't played the game but Spooky was well done :]

I think that space manip of Spooky's is getting ignored a lil bit, couldn't she essentially trap Malak in the halls and rooms and steadily wear him down with her haxxy monsters and/or Soul Manip? I think she could put Malak into a situation where she could reach him but he couldn't reach her, unless I'm reading the justification incorrectly

Though I do agree that Malak has advantages overall, her spatial manip seems to be really good though

Voting Malak for now but I'd like to see that part talked about a lil bit

Also good job on the story, can't speak for Malak cuz I haven't played the game but Spooky was well done :]
The problem is Spooky's in-character, she's highly unlikely to actually do that and usually only does 1-2 specimens at a time, whilst Malak has 0 issues dumping dozens of monsters(or clones) on any threat

The problem is Spooky's in-character, she's highly unlikely to actually do that and usually only does 1-2 specimens at a time, whilst Malak has 0 issues dumping dozens of monsters(or clones) on any threat
Not to mention, Malak has teleportation, dimensional travel, and portals that he uses in character.

Last edited:
And just to get this concluded

Malak FRA

And that's grace, thank you everyone

{Also in case you're wondering, this is allowed based on this thread}

Back