• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mael Cloud Calculation

ByAsura

He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
M3X and I have made some calculations on The Original Demon's Storm. Technically, his isn't applicable for the Original Demon due to past storm revisions removing KE, but it could be adjusted for Mael.

Currently, the source for 11,800 kilometer clouds comes from wikipedia, however, if you look at the citatio, the article mentions that these clouds can be 11,887.2-21 kilometers in height, with the former being modest and the latter being the very, very highest (more sources confirming this). In this case, the storm was severe enough to knock down buildings with lightning but produces no rain, so I used both ends.

I've heard people saying he only dispersed them to point over the horizon, but this actually takes more evidence than Mael just dispersing it outright. Mael specifically says he forced the storm to vanish, and when he makes the storm disappear, the entire area is no longer shrouded in darkness, which did extend above the clouds.

Basically, this is an argument of is this calc applicable and who scales.

Ok, sorry for the delay.

According to the Cloud Calculations page, the thickness of a cumulonimbus - the cloud we are using here - is from 8000m to 11800m, with 9900m as the average, that I used. I ma using information from a wiki page here, not some outside website. I've done too many calculations with the 9900m value, and it they were all accepted. Your calculation isn't wrong, but you are using some thickness that we cannot accept.

I will change the blog's name and the feat description soon, and for these reasons above, I think my calculation should be selected to scale the characters.

Again, there's no source for this. I basically made this to discuss changing the value of cloud heights.

A page on a wiki where people argue about how powerful fictional characters are is not a valid, be all end all source without citations supporting it.

In this case, clouds can indeed be taller than what we currently use.

Then you should just make a CRT and try to change the what is in the page. The source for the thickness of the cloud is there. I am not gonna use something different from what the page tell us

It's for both, which is why I brought it up in the first place. I'll add some topics to reflect this.

Uhh when I looked at that Wikipedia page, I didn't see anything saying 11,800m and instead saw the 12,000m and 21,000m you're referencing @ByAsura

6012B733-15ED-4099-9D9D-ADB3F65C9783

My dumbass can't do math. Nvm I understand where 11,800 comes from. The higher peaks though can be discussed

In that case, it's more like 11,900. So I should probably change that value.

He's clearly referring to both, hence the storm vanishing at the same time.

To be honest, I stopped caring about this thread. Everyone else can handle this.

Back