• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Madoka's Parts a Cloud, Possible Upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading Madoka's statpage I was lead to this blog from where her High 7-A feat comes from.

Upon analyzing it, I found that the author seems to have lowballed the feat by using nimbustratus thickness,something he may not have needed since we had statements from the anime itself calling the storm a supercell, meaning the proportions of the cloud were indeed much larger than what the blog originally assumed.

Madoka ep 11
the statement in questio

For reference we have the scene in the picture that comes from episode eleven, around the 15:00 mark, we can hear an evacuation order being issued to the city in the next scene, which further validates the scale of the storm.

Revision (Replacing values with supercell dimensions from wiki page)

"Volume = 3.1415 * 4702.83415964 * 4702.83415964 * 2500 = 173,698,633,128 m^3"

New Volume = 3.1415 * 8000* 8000 * 15000 = 3,015,840,000,000 m^3

"Cloud Density = 1.003 kg/m^3"
"Cloud Mass = 174,219,729,028 kg"

New Cloud Mass = 3,024,887,520,000 kg
"Parting speed = 14,108.5 m/s"
"KE = 17,339,204,785,353,628,000 joules or 4.144 gigatons "

KE = 0.5*m*v^2 or 0.5*3024887520000*14108^2

KE = 301,030,248,034,256,640,000 joules or 71.94 gigatons

Which is well into 6-C range.

Thoughts?

Now, this is the minimum value assuming the cloud is a supercell, correct?

Perhaps the speed of the clouds parting could be recalculated as well.

Interesting.... and yes, the speed should also be re-calced... Thank you for bringing that up Crazy and thank you Aguila for seeing the flaw in the original calc.

Seems like I made a mistake too when using the supercell dimensions, I used 8km for its axis instead of 16km

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hB___qgWEp8

starts at 0:37 ends at 0:41 the cloud reaches far into the horizon so we know it has at least crossed it's radius by that time

16km/4s = 4,000 m/s much lower than the speed he got, something is probably wrong in his calculation, tried watching both TV and Movie versions and both give me the same result.

New Volume = 3.1415 * 16000* 16000 * 15000 = 12,063,360,000,000 m^3

New KE = 0.5*12099550080000*4000^2 or 96,796,400,640,000,000,000 joules =23.1348949904397706 Gigatons

Downgrade of my original revision, upgrade from the original calculation.

Hmm? I got 3 seconds from 33-36, with the shockwave arriving later at 37

Not that it matters, thanks for calcing this

EDIT: Ah I see the part you're talking about, however, it actually charges up til 0:41 and releases very quickly, (first one reaching the ground under the 41 mark)

Oh and I just realized that a Supercell, on average reaches about 60,000 feet not even counting its over shooting top, which would be about 18.288 km. So using the original timeframe:

It would be 3.88940876223x bigger or in order words about Mach 255 roughly, unless I did something wrong (I would presume I did, this is rather big)

Refrence:

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-medi...ogressive,q_80,w_636/kwxgbw6iukc6yrdyszvn.jpg

I support this, but if a Blog can be made with the corrections so that we can link it in the profile, well it would be very appreciated.

Yes, yes it is, I will ask for a mod to check but heres hows it goes.

-AP: Orignal calc downplayed the storm quite a bit, and the Japanese government found it to be supercell, and so adjustments were done accordingly (Just simple replacement of some details)

Results: 6-C Island level

-Speed: The original thread assumed that the height of Walpurgis was the same as the storm, as a lowball, however, offically a supercell is 40,000 - 60,000 ft (40,000 does not includes the over shooting top, which evens it at roughly around 60,000 anyways) which when replacing the stats leds to MHS Mach 255 (Note: I think I did the speed one wrong, can someone check?)

SomebodyData said:
Oh and I just realized that a Supercell, on average reaches about 60,000 feet not even counting its over shooting top, which would be about 18.288 km. So using the original timeframe:
It would be 3.88940876223x bigger or in order words about Mach 255 roughly, unless I did something wrong (I would presume I did, this is rather big)

Refrence:

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-medi...ogressive,q_80,w_636/kwxgbw6iukc6yrdyszvn.jpg
hol up is that 60K feet from the ground or base of could?

-Speed: The original thread assumed that the height of Walpurgis was the same as the storm, as a lowball, however, offically a supercell is 40,000 - 60,000 ft (40,000 does not includes the over shooting top, which evens it at roughly around 60,000 anyways) which when replacing the stats leds to MHS Mach 255 (Note: I think I did the speed one wrong, can someone check?)
Did you use this?

"After parting the cloud, Madoka arrow scatters into several and crosses the radius of the cloud in a short amount of time."

"Distance = 4702 meters
Time = 5/24 (5 frames)
Speed = 22,573.6 m/s or Mach 66"

The 4702 meters were the radius.

Replacing the radius with one of a supercell gives us this 16 000/0.2083s = 76.80 km/s or Mach 223.9067 so MHS either way.

TheMightyRegulator said:
I support this, but if a Blog can be made with the corrections so that we can link it in the profile, well it would be very appreciated.
Added the revision to my blog https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:AguilaR101/Madoka_Parts_a_Cloud:_Revision

(credit goes to Amae for original calcs)

You can link it to the profile if you want.

Unsure about the SD's stance on the 3 sec timeframe for the cloud parting, will add the result using that for the velocity if you want.

Not sure about the 3 second durations for the cloud parting; if there is a youtube video that shows the feat, I can measure how long it took for the clouds to part.

Actually while relooking at the video, it came up that the feat you had proposed 4 seconds (And my 3 seconds) for wasn't exactly correct, while the AP feat did happen in the 4 second one, the original calc calc'ed when the arrows came back down, which is why the original calc was using 5 frames because well, 0:41-0:41 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hB___qgWEp8

Updated the blog again if anyone wants to check it out, hopefully those results are definitive and can be added to the profiles.

@AguilaR:

No

• You still have not updated the blog with the list of values that I calculated in your blog.
  • Small Country level for that feat is way too much, considering that the cloud moved at 5254m/s and not 24000m/s+.
  • Also, those arrows were not moving at Mach 200+ considering that they were likely moving down towards the ground instead of moving directly horizontal. I calculated this in your blog.
I am sensing that you are are trying to wank this feat out of proportion.

Anyways, blog updated due to changes in cloud height.

@Crazy actually most if not all look like they are moving horizontally to me, are you sure the are moving vertically?

Cloud Split 2

The mach 223 speed value assumes that the arrow moves horizontally straight at a right angle. However, looking at the video again, it seems that some of the arrows were moving directly down while others were moving

I could add in a calc where the arrow moves at 45 degrees downwards from the cloud, but I need a new timeframe for this.

I can see where the assuption comes from, espically since every other arrow is moving horizontal, I kinda have trouble accepting that this specific one isn't horizontal, as it could as be due to lack of depth in the video, that said I can see where you're coming from.

Hmmm, can you make a new time frame using one of the arrows that parted from the right then @Crazy?

Crazystarf said:
@AguilaR:
No

• You still have not updated the blog with the list of values that I calculated in your blog.
  • Small Country level for that feat is way too much, considering that the cloud moved at 5254m/s and not 24000m/s+.
  • Also, those arrows were not moving at Mach 200+ considering that they were likely moving down towards the ground instead of moving directly horizontal. I calculated this in your blog.
I am sensing that you are are trying to wank this feat out of proportion.

Anyways, blog updated due to changes in cloud height.
I orginally had issues with Amae's timeframe too, considering there was nothing left in his blog to suggest the speed he got was legitimate and the fact that the video didn't match up with it didn't help either. I only really added it because someone suggested it.

Most certainly true.

I also used Amae's timeframe for this which gave higher result despite a slightly smaller distance, but yeah links are dead, there is no way to verify his time frame now.

Added your speed calculation for the arrows, will try to keep it updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back