• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Akuma's Sekia Kuretsua calculations and possible issues discussion thread

Jason_Courne

He/Him
The one linked on the profile
The recalc

Obviously the recalc uses the same logic as the original, but with better pixel scaling, timeframe, ect. However The Rusty One pointed out an issue
It's the fact that air density is going to lesser the higher up you go, meaning the actual results would be vastly lower than this.
Here's a chart that show air density at 80 km up is 0.00001846 kg/m^3.

The beam's height is 2413.00086 km, so assuming the air density doesn't change after 80 km, which is absurd because it does but I'm just trying to prove a point here.

2413.00086 - 80 = 2333.00086 km

Volume = 2.77475399e10 m^3

Density = 2.77475399e10*0.00001846 = 512219.587 kg

Kinetic Energy = 607808.781^2*512219.587*.5 = 9.46150288e16 Joules or 22.61 Megatons of TNT.

This is a high ball, since obviously the air density would decrease and thin out to nothing by the height the beam reaches.

I can't say how to find the results for the air pushed below 80 km, but I'm just proving a point how the current method isn't usable.
Essentially, The Rusty One says that because air density varies as you go higher into the atmosphere, the calculations should be invalid (or at least reevaluated)

However, that logic only applies if Akuma was moving the air hundreds of kilometers up, but in the feat shown, he's clearly launching a blast from ground level into the sky, meaning we should use the ground level air density (as that is what's being pushed into space)

Just noticed this.

@Jasonsith, @DMUA, and @Armorchompy

As you are the calc group members that evaluated the original calculation, your opinion would be appreciated if you can spare the time.

However, that logic only applies if Akuma was moving the air hundreds of kilometers up, but in the feat shown, he's clearly launching a blast from ground level into the sky, meaning we should use the ground level air density (as that is what's being pushed into space)
That would mean the air density is higher than what you're using, it's impossible for that amount of air to exist in the space you're measuring.

The air around Akuma that exist within that 1.225 kg/m^3 area would be vastly lower than the weight you currently have.

If this is the logic you're following, you need to alter this calculation to only account for the air that is around Akuma.

Your current air density is wrong, there is no doubt. Let's say the air being moved is only from around 500 meters above Akuma with the same radius (61.529 m).

That'd be a volume of 5946748.7585574 m^3. In order for him to be 35156299100 kg of air from this volume, that means the density would have to be 5912 kg per m^3 or over 5000x higher than the normal air density at sea level. This is completely impossible. (This is just an example to show my point)

There is literally not enough air in the volume you're measuring to have that amount of weight.

In my opinion, the calculation in its current form is unacceptable.

Edit: It's possible that you could use this calculator to get the density.

Using this I get a weight of 122886511.15540 kg, not fully certain if this would be usable though.

It's also true that not all of the air is being pushed up at the same speed.

Last edited:
If this is the logic you're following, you need to alter this calculation to only account for the air that is around Akuma.
Your current air density is wrong, there is no doubt. Let's say the air being moved is only from around 500 meters above Akuma with the same radius (61.529 m).
That'd be a volume of 5946748.7585574 m^3. In order for him to be 35156299100 kg of air from this volume, that means the density would have to be 5912 kg per m^3 or over 5000x higher than the normal air density at sea level. This is completely impossible. (This is just an example to show my point)
He could have just taken 28699019700 cubic meters of air from a 5 kilometer radius at ground level, and funneled it into a 62 meter radius cylindrical blast

Yeah I did briefly mention the density problem, but I just didn't have a way to account for it

Since there is in fact a way to account for it, the calc should be adjusted

He could have just taken 28699019700 cubic meters of air from a 5 kilometer radius at ground level, and funneled it into a 62 meter radius cylindrical blast
They're making an explosion, not a vacuum so they can effectively move the specifically calculated amount of mass at biggaspeed. It's way more reasonable to just account for the appropriate density across the blast's path.

They're making an explosion, not a vacuum so they can effectively move the specifically calculated amount of mass at biggaspeed. It's way more reasonable to just account for the appropriate density across the blast's path.
So using the cloud mass calculator to get a total weight of 122886511.155 kg? (~.35% of the original weight)
That downgrades the KE to 5.4 gigatons of tnt (Island level)

So... Looks like Akuma IS jumping from the ground into the sky, pushing air around with himself as the projectile.

I also wonder for one thing:

For any cloud moving feat, if it is caused by an attack from ground level, do we (and how do we) measure the air displaced from the ground to the sky?

This may end up amending a lot of cloud punching feats.

Back