• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Made in Abyss General Discussion Thread

Chariot190

Day 132 of working on MGS
VS Battles
Calculation Group
Bronze Supporter
4rIRWfT.jpg

A general discussion thread for Made In Abyss. talk about the manga, anime, movies, feats, scaling, profiles, etc.

I guess the first order of business is to discuss the specifics of the light based abyss weaponry and complain about the release schedule.

Wow, I can't believe nobody has replied here yet.

Anyways, is watching the movies worth it or not? I already know the first two are retellings, but the third movie looks pretty.

Wow, I can't believe nobody has replied here yet.

Anyways, is watching the movies worth it or not? I already know the first two are retellings, but the third movie looks pretty.
The Bondrewd movie for the most part is definitely worth our time, it's all new manga content that hasn't previously been featured as a animation. Also it's quite high quality animation wise. Plus it's Bondrewd.

I was thinkin' on a really small revision:

Reg:
  • Calculate Dark Reg's busting a huge metal door (Using the animated adaptation should work).
  • Should have another stat amp via white whistle activation, which apparently amps his speed.
  • Add new pics for his Dark and Light (?) forms.

Ozen:
  • Lifting strength should be upgraded, iirc is stated that each one of the pins in her body gives her the strength of 1,000 men, and he has like 250 all over, so using basic math and the average human lifting strength it would be 12,500,000 kg-20,000,000 kg, Class M I think.
  • Remove her armor key, it just not necessary and should be equipment instead.

Bondrewd:
  • Power and Abilities should be worked on a bit more, Sparagmos should have High-Mid regen negation.
  • Detail more his range with each weapon, the scenes from the movie should excellent for this.
That is about it, I could do some of this like the addition of new pictures and that small LS calc, but I don't have the means to make scans or gifs for the movie.

I forgot this existed ****. Season 2 announced.

Anime adaption actually kinda gimped that feat, I tried looking, basically doesn't even happen in the movie. He melts a hole through the wall, though the explosion launches Bondrewd/A hand through another. He also craters the ground with one about 3x larger then the crater he's scaling off right now.
Cool.
Cool 2.

Someone mentioned that on the calc but it was basically "outlier, doesn't come close to that). Otherwise we'd have them at I think 8-C(?) for that statement as well. Personally I'm ok with it, the 9-A feats are giga casual and kinda just there.
Indeed.

Yeah, thought it did actually.
Yeah, the movie scene has them covering hundreds of meters while they're ascending. Would be a fantastic boost.

I can create gifs and scans from the movie, I have it saved BD.
There's actually a few other things I was interested in checking, the water basin collapse and them rushing through could be worth looking into.

Edit: Maybe a RHCP can be pulled here? It was stated he took in the reserved electricity's power. Figure out how much that was and apply it to him and Bondrewd?
Edit: Ozen's needles would make her 9-A actually. Assuming a "man" is 100joules, she'd end up at 0.006 tons of tnt. 0.06 if it's talking about peak men.

Last edited:
For reg it should be noted in his weaknesses for ido front arc and after he’s missing an arm

and thinking about possible keys for him
Pre ido front: just the profile as now
Dark reg: faster and stronger, animalistic intelligence, possibly multiple selves?
Post ido front: faster than dark, increased combat skills, stat amp from white whistle

A bit redundant.
I'd just do pre and post ido if we had to. Dark Reg is something he fully masters and retains all the attributes excluding the intel. Could maybe list it as a optional thing but as a key it's almost identical to post ido except he's a savage and lacks a item.

There should be yeah.

So what abilities would faputa have
Superhuman physical, enhanced senses, natural weapons, body control, flight, regeneration, telepathy, damage transferal and whatever the balancing would be (don’t even want to begin trying to wrap my head around that), resistance to curse stuff?
Anything i’m missing?

She also has that feat with the village but i don’t calc

Still bumping i see, however from what im reading rn nade in abyss characters are sounding like way above 9-A in my opinion, we just need the right calcs for it, i was thinking about the top tiers being 8-A for the busting feat dark reg did

I forgot this existed ****. Season 2 announced.

Anime adaption actually kinda gimped that feat, I tried looking, basically doesn't even happen in the movie. He melts a hole through the wall, though the explosion launches Bondrewd/A hand through another. He also craters the ground with one about 3x larger then the crater he's scaling off right now.
Cool.
Cool 2.

Someone mentioned that on the calc but it was basically "outlier, doesn't come close to that). Otherwise we'd have them at I think 8-C(?) for that statement as well. Personally I'm ok with it, the 9-A feats are giga casual and kinda just there.
Indeed.

Yeah, thought it did actually.
Yeah, the movie scene has them covering hundreds of meters while they're ascending. Would be a fantastic boost.

I can create gifs and scans from the movie, I have it saved BD.
There's actually a few other things I was interested in checking, the water basin collapse and them rushing through could be worth looking into.

Edit: Maybe a RHCP can be pulled here? It was stated he took in the reserved electricity's power. Figure out how much that was and apply it to him and Bondrewd?
Edit: Ozen's needles would make her 9-A actually. Assuming a "man" is 100joules, she'd end up at 0.006 tons of tnt. 0.06 if it's talking about peak men.
Well riko which is a little girl is at 9-A so uhhh a needle equal 1000 9-A ?

My god there's no one trying to make calcs for made in abyss its hard to find a clear tier for all
If you have a feat, post it, I'll calc it.
I've been busy with other stuff so I haven't sat down to look for feats, but if you supply them, I can likely calc.

Wow for a verse that's so highly praised its kinda sad to see it more or less dead on the wiki. The profiles look like they haven't been updated in years. But I was wondering if someone was planning a CRT or one was in the talks. I would love to fix up the profiles and try and get some more feats calced.

Tbh I just wasn't notified at all, which is weird, because I'm OP.

Back