• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Konaguna said:
Im not too sure myself, could have been her god Shiraori key
I think you're talking about the dragon barrier? That barrier is weak, can only negate stuff to a certain level, and that level is far below madara's power.

OpMasada said:
Abyssal magic requires a lot of time for her to use, and shiro has never used more than 3 minds.
That isn't really correct. She has 1 mind per level of the parallel mind skill. Though it's correct that at a certain point she decides not to have them full on separate personalities, but instead basically use them as additional processors to the main conciousness. That doesn't really change the effect a lot, though.

And while it is true that abyssal magic took her time to cast against the fire dragon, that shouldn't be the case during the end of her arachne development. Due to Ultimate Magic nobody within the System has a greater spell casting capability than her, under normal conditions, and her parallel will and thought acceleration skills are superior or equal to Ariels.

Ariel has cast Level 10 Abyssal magic without any noticeable time delay, so Kumoko should be able to as well.

OpMasada said:
I'm pretty sure shiro would unironically have even less of a chance against Madara in god form as she loses majority of the hax she had before it.
Madara would be pretty screwed actually. The bit space manipulation he has (didn't even know he had kamui lol) is far inferior to Shiro's. Madara would pretty much be incapable of staying in the same solar system/dimension as Shiro.

Madaras TSB's could be very useful as they are controlled by will and should work even when Madara is under the effect of paralysis.

BBBBBBBBBBB U U M M PPPPPPPPPPPPP B B U U MM MM P P BBBBBBBBBBB U U M M M M P P BBBBBBBBBBBBBBB U U M M M M P P B B U U M M M M PPPPPPPPPPPP B B U U M M M P BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB UUUUUUUUUU M M P

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Pulling out someones soul does not counter lowgodly...
Yes, it does. Low-Godly only covers regening the physical body.

Don'tTalkDT's points seem to be the most well-educated at the moment, so I'll vote Shiraori FRA.

Yes, it does. Low-Godly only covers regening the physical body.

Don'tTalkDT's points seem to be the most well-educated at the moment, so I'll vote Shiraori FRA.

Not entirely true

Low Godly requires a non corporal essence, doesn't always have to be your soul

Touhou characters can regenerate with their minds, not their soul

Gargoyle One said:
Not entirely true
Low Godly requires a non corporal essence, doesn't always have to be your soul

Touhou characters can regenerate with their minds, not their soul
See, they are regening with their mind/soul, they are not regenerating their soul.

Therefore, if someone destroys/removes the soul, they can't grow back a new one without Mid-Godly. They wouldn't even grow back a new body, seeing as their physical body isn't being directly damaged in this case.

No?

Yukari Yakumo literally got her soul destroyed and regenerates entirely from her mind.

Not Mind and soul, just mind

Gargoyle One said:
No?
Yukari Yakumo literally got her soul destroyed and regenerates entirely from her mind.
Then that would be Low-Godly Regen with Resistance to Soul Manipulation.

On its own, Low-Godly doesn'y restore the mind/soul.

Gargoyle One said:
Soul resistance is useless of your soul is destroyed lol
regenerate from a non-corporal essence is Low Godly, not just the soul

Hackmon (Rei Katsura) also doesn't use a soul as Low Godly
Low-Godly: The ability to regenerate from the complete physical destruction of your body, instead restoring it from your disembodied consciousness, whether that be your soul, mind, or something else.

Resistances cover surviving/coming back from destruction of the Mind/Soul, yes.

No mention of Soul exclusivity whatsoever

Even says in your quoted part "Mind or something else"

Look, I'm just talking about the definition of Low-Godly right now. You can't just say "Character A has Low-Godly so they can regen their soul", it just isn't true. Sure, this case is special, but it is not true for Low-Godly in 90% of the cases.

Nowhere does it say regenerating your Soul or Mind. It just says that you can come back from physical erasure with your mind/soul.

>Even says in your quoted part "Mind or something else"

Yes, some other non-physical part of themselves. It's not saying that "mind or something else" is being regenerated.

The definition of it is regenerating from your mind, or soul, or something else.

Yes, it is usually the soul, but it doesn't have to be the soul, you can use your mind exclusively to regenerate. Like the two I mentioned above

If you think it's otherwise, make a thread if you're confused

Since Shiraori regenerates exclusively from her mind, pulling her soul out does nothing even without resistance

Gargoyle One said:
The definition of it is regenerating >>>>> from <<<<<<< your mind, or soul, or something else.

^^^^^^^

Yes, it is usually the soul, but it doesn't have to be the soul, you can use your mind exclusively to regenerate. Like the two I mentioned above

If you think it's otherwise, make a thread if you're confused
That's what I'm trying to say, it's the basic meaning of the quote I gave you.

I'm saying Low-Godly regneration, in it's basic definition, doesn't mean you can come back from mind or soul Destruction. If you can regenerate your physical body from your soul, it doesn't mean that you can regenerate your mind from destruction or vice versa

Since this is inapplicable to the thread, though, I'll stop here, hopefully I've given enough evidence as to how you're reading this wrong. It says on the basic, simple definition of it "physical erasure/destruction".

You can make a thread if you wish, I'm not reading it wrong, and I can admit it isn't as well wrotten as it could be

But again, I am not getting it wrong, you are the one saying you can't regenerate both.

It is applicable here, Shiraori regenerates from her mind and not her soul. So it actually is

I'm saying my argument isn't applicable here as Shiraori has Low-Godly and can come back from soul destruction, which are mutually exclusive.

I'm saying Low-Godly doesn't let you come back from soul destruction on its own, if you regen from your mind/something else.

You can make a thread if you wish, I'm not reading it wrong, and I can admit it isn't as well wrotten as it could be

I'll make a thread, sure. We're talking about what the site defines as Low-Godly. You can't say you're correct about what the site says and then claim that what the site says is wrong, as we're just arguing the definition that we use here, which we have on the Regenerationn page.

While this thread is still open, I would like to correct gargoyle in his assumption that shiraori regenerates from her mind, she doesn't, it's her soul.

Also:

I lose all the strength in my body, but the hand grasping my neck doesn't allow me to fall down. The hand that had suddenly appeared behind me had seized my neck and smashed the bones. As if it was somebody else's problem, I realised the situation.

Shiraori can be paralyzed by breaking her spinal cord.

That's a pretty huge weakness in a situation where the opponent has higher AP. It should probably be on her profile or next to her regen or something.

No, there's a weakness section where weaknesses are supposed to be shown on profiles.

I'll add it in the future.

YungManzi said:
That's a pretty huge weakness in a situation where the opponent has higher AP. It should probably be on her profile or next to her regen or something.
öhhhhh... is that a special weakness? Regenerationn means you can recover damage, I don't think most regenerators have their bodies work by different physical rules.

Breaking the neck means the nerves are severed, so expecting her to be able to move her body without first regenerating the damage is like expecting one to be capable of moving a cut off arm.

(that is for a different key than the one used here btw.)

How long did she go without moving? That's also important to the situation.

I would assume most people with sufficient Regenerationn without "over time" mentioned on the profile could regenerate rather quickly....which would make breaking bones, severing nerves, and other things pretty useless in an actual match.

YungManzi said:
How long did she go without moving? That's also important to the situation.
I would assume most people with sufficient Regenerationn without "over time" mentioned on the profile could regenerate rather quickly....which would make breaking bones, severing nerves, and other things pretty useless in an actual match.
She regenerated the instant he took his hands, and presumably his power negating barrier, out of her neck.

It should be noted, that making a god waste their energy is exactly what Potimas' weapon was designed for, as a god uses energy for everything they do, including their physical strength.

That surprise attack cost me a lot of magic power (Kumo talking about her recovery)

And they can't regenerate without energy either, as shown above.

She did not regenerate "Instantly", she only started to recover after she was thrown to the ground.

I'm dragged backwards, then tossed to the side. However, the place where I fall is not the tree house in the elf village that I was just in, but onto a road in a modern looking town that I've never seen before. Space transition. Or rather, I guess this is not somewhere in the real world, but a zone created in another dimension. While quickly performing recovery on my injured neck, on looking up I saw the expected man with jet-black armour that fits him like clothes. Administrator, Kuro, Gyuriedistodiez.

Not being able to regenerate without the energy to do so is also something that applies to... virtually every regenerator.

She started to recover the instant his hand left her neck (which is when she is thrown), which is what I meant. And she did so battle applicable fast. It is a completly normal form of Regenerationn...

I meant magic energy, not physical stamina, if you decrease her magic energy enough she is as powerless as a regular human. I don't know much regenerators that require magic energy to regenerate.

She recovered after she was thrown to the floor, the passage I posted above already said that. I'm not denying her Regenerationn being battle applicable, i just want to make sure you know it's not literal instant.

OpMasada said:
I meant magic energy, not physical stamina, if you decrease her magic energy enough she is as powerless as a regular human. I don't know much regenerators that require magic energy to regenerate.
Her magic energy and physical stamina is the same thing as a god. She is just her soul and her body is just a disposable creation after all. SP/MP split is a system thing. And most regenerators regenerate based on their supernatural energy / general energy. Where else do you think the power necessary to accomplish those stuff comes from?

I don't agree with noting either as a weakness, as that is like writing "can not move severed body parts" or "does not have an infinite power source" on the profile. It is clear by her lack of special abilities that would allow her to do those things.

Of course it is not literally instant.

Well I concede on the first paragraph, except that most regenerators I know of don't really need "energy" to regenerate.

>Second paragraph

Why would that not be a weakness? Saying that her physical stats drop to the level of an average human with lack of energy, despite being capable of stomping pretty much everyone in the series outside of the other gods is not a weakness is absurd.

A regular human gets tired with loss of stamina, but they definitely don't suddenly become as weak as a cat?

By the way this match should be added and closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back