• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Master Hand vs M. Bison (1-2-0)

koopa3144

He/Him
  • Fight takes place on Suzaku Castle
  • Street Fighter V Bison is being used
  • Speed is equalized
  • SBA for anything else
"Bwa-hah-hah-hah-hah!" (2.85 Gigatons of TNT): 1
Magic Hand GIF - Magic Hand Pointing GIFs
"Bow down before my Psycho Power!"(1.285 Gigatons of TNT): 2
Mr. Bison Says Yes! GIF - Mr Bison Street Fighter Yes GIFs
Incon: 0

Last edited:
I'm not immediately voting, but my initial gut feeling says Master Hand due to his AP advantage and the sheer amount of projectiles, traps, and other garbage he can throw out. Also he has time manip and arguably better paralysis and sleep inducement.

Master Hand's been taken down with fighters with much less abilities and experience that M. Bison, honestly, including Smash Ryu and Ken.
The ap gap is consistent, but not too much, I'd say Bison could deal with it, also since he can sense it from the start.
Both can fly and teleport, but Bison spams it more and can increase its effectivity.

Most of the Hand's abilities, included Time Manip, aren't used for combat and are limited to Master Order challenges, which are basically gimmick matches. Bison can both absorb and reflect projectiles and energy attacks, fire and electricity included, so he has a good counter to MH's projectiles, without accounting his agility and savviness.
Some of MH's techniques (at least those shown) rely on the opponent's smaller size and inability to fly, but even the smashers' natural acrobatics and mobility techniques are enough to counter them, and they are quite comparable to Bison's.

Bison's almost 4x LS advantage nullifies any grab and squeeze attempt from Master Hand, which could even backfire. Throws like Psycho Impact and Psycho Fall should also work even on one shaped like MH.
Bison also has much better stamina and in this key is always surrounded by a forcefield which, while weaker than MH's ap, is still a handy tool.

Now, I don't know how do we handle Master Core, since even in Ultimate it didn't get triggered and it's a Smash 4-only thing.

Now, I don't know how do we handle Master Core, since even in Ultimate it didn't get triggered and it's a Smash 4-only thing.
Core not appearing as more an a spirit in Ultimate is likely just cause there were already a ton of bosses in the game rather than any in-lore reason why MH doesn't transform.

A lot of features specifically from Smash 4 were cut. Also, its not like circumstances within World of Light allows him to become Core since he was controlled for most of it.

I feel that even including Core, Bison could still make it.
As said, he's no less than the cast of characters who can take it fown already, and the Core's biggest weapon is running the gauntlet on the opponent. Bison has luckily the stamina necessary to back him up for multiple fights, and in terms of versatily Master Hand is at his best while in original form.
The Core is generally a berserk, and if it feels any emotion, its hatred and anger would empower Bison. Moreover, most of its attacks are even more telegraphable or even in-game can be dodged with acrobatics or reflected/absorbed, all things Bison can do.

The forms are also somewhat more fragile than Master Hand, or at least it takes less to take down individual ones rather than Master Hand himself.
The swords would be the most fearsome ones, but if Bison manages to get past them, he should be fine. This because even in game the clone is generally not as aggressive or capable as the mc, hinting to it not being a perfect mimic, and a huma-like opponent is easier for Bison to face. The Fortress wouldn't be a problem either, as at this level his paralysis and forcefield should be able to take care of any minion, he can literally walk through the acid unharmed and the rest can be overcome with acrobatics, flight and teleport.

I feel that even including Core, Bison could still make it.
As said, he's no less than the cast of characters who can take it fown already, and the Core's biggest weapon is running the gauntlet on the opponent. Bison has luckily the stamina necessary to back him up for multiple fights, and in terms of versatily Master Hand is at his best while in original form.
The Core is generally a berserk, and if it feels any emotion, its hatred and anger would empower Bison. Moreover, most of its attacks are even more telegraphable or even in-game can be dodged with acrobatics or reflected/absorbed, all things Bison can do.

The forms are also somewhat more fragile than Master Hand, or at least it takes less to take down individual ones rather than Master Hand himself.
The swords would be the most fearsome ones, but if Bison manages to get past them, he should be fine. This because even in game the clone is generally not as aggressive or capable as the mc, hinting to it not being a perfect mimic, and a huma-like opponent is easier for Bison to face. The Fortress wouldn't be a problem either, as at this level his paralysis and forcefield should be able to take care of any minion, he can literally walk through the acid unharmed and the rest can be overcome with acrobatics, flight and teleport.
I'll count this as a vote for Bison.

Mmmmm... I'm gonna go MH.

Along with the points I made earlier and what Saman brought up, it seems like there's an implication that Master Hand gets an AP boost (but not a Durability boost) since Crazy Hand gets tossed aside (or at least that's something brought up in his profile).

I could very well see Bison manage to slip survive the onslaught, but if I had to bet money on this match, I would lean to him getting tagged by status effect and everything going downhill from there.

Mmmmm... I'm gonna go MH.

Along with the points I made earlier and what Saman brought up, it seems like there's an implication that Master Hand gets an AP boost (but not a Durability boost) since Crazy Hand gets tossed aside (or at least that's something brought up in his profile).

I could very well see Bison manage to slip survive the onslaught, but if I had to bet money on this match, I would lean to him getting tagged by status effect and everything going downhill from there.
Counted!

When yiu say the things I brought you, do you refer to the fear and hate empowerment? Because that goes to Bison, if Master Core feels that, since he is empowered by such emotions when felt by his enemies.

Also, I never like to bring that up because it's stated in lore but never showed on screen, but technically Bison has fear hax. For how unlikely that could be, at least if we go by in-character options, I think it's still worthy to bring up.

Yeah, most of my argument lays on base Master Hand. In this specific scenario, I would consider Master Core to be more of a last resort that probably won't work.

I must add that MH's status effects aren't that great tbh. He releases sleeping gas only when in tandem with CZ, Sleep Grap require him to squeeze the opponent a few times (negated by Bison's LS) and Snapper is a close range attack that works only if the opponent is on the ground, and while it might even land the first time (it's still dodgeable) the stun wears off after the first hit and from now on anyone would recognize the attack if attempted again.

Behavioral differences are more likely due to it being controlled by the core than a difference in capacity
It changes little, because it still means the mimic isn't identical to the original, and is generally tamer than the previous forms.

Could be either way, but that doesn't change that it is unlikely to work twice against one with Bison's ability.
But even then, I'd argue that anyone, including players irl, can tell that something is fishy if a giant hand with magic powers gets in the shape of a snap and approaches you menacingly.

It's true that MH might be able to do it anyway, but it's either super out of character or still has way decreased range, since the point is to enclose the opponent within the two hands.

Back