• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Luke mind haxes Mewtwo

Accelerating someone fast enough by throwing them can kill

Regular humans >>>>> Most of the pokemon in intelligence. They do not have the mental capacity of having an strategy, that is why trainers are a thing. Some have absurd IQs, but very few can operate logically without a trainer.

Trainer: "Alakazam, use Scratch!"

Alakazam: "What are you making me do, boy?! I'm Alakazam, the strongest Psychic Pokémon, the most intelligent Pokémon ever, and I DON'T TAKE ORD-

Oh, wait, you have five badges. Fine then."

Have you ever seen an alakazam in the pokemon league that is like "No, shut up trainer. I am going to use Psychic and i am not going to use scratch."

Not to mention that the pokedex is canonically written by the MCs as they go on in their adventure.

Not just Oak, but a large team of researchers and professors worked on the Pokedex.

And he needed someone young to help them to go into the field and record info about the Pokemon.

So...Red happened.

LephyrTheRevanchist said:
Instead of laughing at him, you should just explain why he is wrong. You know, not being a d*ck about it and all.
I've heard this talk about the protagonists being the ones writing the Pokedex, despite clear evidence proving otherwise, and I'm frankly sick of having to have it explained again.

Though I suppose I could have used a little more tact. Still, you can't beat that gif for getting to the point of the matter.

Thing is, it doesn't matter who wrote it. The Pokédex is meant to explain the Pokémon lore. Just that enough would make it absolute in terms of canon.

@Starter Pack

You'd be surprised the amount of times I had to pull the same scans over and over just to prove Luke's mindhax and that he starts with it. That, frankly, isn't an excuse (coming from someone who fairly recently blow'd up at Cal for repeating the "I hate hax" thing in another Luke thread). Be "the better guy" and just explain it, with respect. Maybe he genuinely doesn't know the lore and is going off the many (fake) articles "explaining" the franchise.

The point of the matter should have been [insert proof here] and an explanation. That is all.

Will stop derailing now.

Is called a joke Lephyr, lighten up and don't take it so badly.

Also, saying the Pokedex is mostly written by the MC is... A pretty big assumption out of nowhere. He mentioned it, is his job to supplement proof why that's the case.

Also, Howard has a point (unless I am forgetting something in the games, hue), what he does in the series and the actual move are different things. A literal description of the move from one of the later games, "The foe is hit by a strong telekinetic force".

Not everyone will take it as "just a joke".

I'm all in for a party whenever. ovo

However, when in a debate, we should just be respectful and try to limit the "cheap shots".

Obviously, but I always keep it mindful not to turn too stiff over small jokes. If the person is actually bothered, they can communicate it. Otherwise it feels like walking on eggshells.

I'd also hope he justifies his point because, burden of proof and denying such a big source of info without justification.

What kind of party are we talking about here ovO?

That is why Oak tells Red to fill up the pokedex and Id all the pokemon.

That is what happens on every single generation. If the dex already had all the info, they wouldnt ask a kid to ID them all. A 10 year old kid is writting them with their imagination. Since tehre is no evidence of someone testing Alakazam's 700 iq, that abra was once a kid, gardevoir creating black holes or that arceus originated from a egg in the beginning of time.

Yes, because a 10-year-old is going to be able to say that Deoxys is a mutated space virus right off the top of his head, or that Yveltal kills everything around it when it dies, even though they have no idea what it can do and have no reference beforehand.

And if you're saying that the MC's are just making it up as they go along, well then, tough. As Triforce said, the Pokedex is essentially the word of god for this franchise, so we have to assume what it says is canon.

And, as LSir also explained, you wanna make a large assumption like that? Back it up with solid proof instead of headcanon. Otherwise, this whole debate is a waste of time.

There aren't any reasons

Only one is "Mewtwo thinks and explodes" which he's never done in character ever and Luke has the equal chance of thinking and mindhaxing Mewtwo

Schnee One said:
There aren't any reasons
Only one is "Mewtwo thinks and explodes" which he's never done in character ever and Luke has the equal chance of thinking and mindhaxing Mewtwo
that is my reason. i think mewtwo will likely go for the kill first.

Schnee One said:
Why?
What stops Luke from thinking "Leave"?
what stops mewtwo from thinking "blow up"?

i think i get what you are saying tho. it is unknown if mewtwo goes for the mindhax blow up first considering there are many versions of mewtwo and we dont know his personality. but still luke also does not nesesarily goes frst for the mindhax. i think we should bloodlust them.

Schnee One said:
In character
"still Luke does not nesesarily goes first for the mindhax"

Yes, yes he does
mewtwo can goes for mindhax kill first too. i mean if we have different versions of mewtwo then why don't we use the pokedex? i mean it does not do much harm to use the only thing that can help us.

however i understand your point and i guess ill change to inconc for now

i think we should make a thread to establish the starting attack for mewtwo. im actually going to do that rn

I could swear the starting attack of Mewtwo was making people go dumb, going from that old "Mewtwo vs Frieza" thread.

I re-read my reply and came to the conclusion that I have no idea what I just said.

But really, I always assumed it was doing something like Brainwashing to incap or smth going from most arguments I had seen.

Ye, that's why I'm saying. Most Mewtwo threads I've seen the argument being that Mewtwo would brainwash/something to affect the mind, not an outright physical effect like blowing someone up.

If that is so Luke would most certainly win as he would try the same and his mind hax is >>>>>.

Did Mewtwo's way of acting change in recent iterations or am I missing something here?

The real cal howard said:
That was a prepped match.
lolNo that was like 90% Mewtwo matches I've see

I'm not voting here, I don't know either that well. Just wondering about the whole starting move thing.

Back