• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Luigi vs. Sans

Speed Equalized

Luigi: 0

Sans: 0

Luigi (NSMBU)
Wow, nice!

Sans from undertale render2 by nibroc rock-d9ez6f2
Heh heh heh heh heh... all right. well, here's a better question. Do you wanna have a bad time? 'cause if you take another step forward... you are REALLY not going to like what happens next.

I know a lot about Sans and his ability to hurt 2-B beings, teleport everything and himself like crazy along with some KR spamming and putting the player in an absolute bone bullet hell, but I barely know anything about Luigi and his feats because I hardly played the Super Mario games let alone watched videos of them.

So, may I know what the plumber can do before I start voting who the winner is?

• Super Jump: Luigi crouches down and rocket jumps super high into the air, damaging anything in his path.(obviusly weak attack in this instances)
  • Super Jump Punch: Luigi performs a jump that delivers a powerful flaming uppercut in it's initiation.(same as above)
  • Green Missile: After charging up, he horizontally launches himself while exploding his target on contact.(needs charging and touching enemy)
  • Fireballs: Luigi shoots green fireballs that can defy gravity. He can launch up to five at once in Mario Kart: Double Dash.(they are very predictible and can be blocked)
  • Thunderhand: Taught by the Thunder God. Luigi's gathers lightning in his hand and discharges it at his target for critical damage. This ability can also lower defense and attack power.(again, charged attack)
  • Luigi Cyclone: Luigi starts spinning in a horizontal fashion, knocking any near opponent away.(needs to be close)
  • Tornado Swing/Ball: Luigi creates and launches a tornado by spinning around and then either throwing an object or striking his target.(its a miniature tornado with small aoe and needs charging/spinning )
  • Vicious Vortex: Luigi's Super Strike. He strikes a karate pose with a green vortex surrounding him before kicking the target.(close combat only)
  • Thunder Luigi: Luigi's Mega Strike. He jumps into the air and becoming electrified while glowing green. He then unleashed plasma electric energy at the target which has a re-entry effect.
  • Dropchopper: Luigi summons a propeller and clings on to it to hover over his opponent. He then jumps down and drills down on his opponent, creating a shockwave from the impact that damages nearby foes. This attack deals much more damage when Mario attacks along with him.(harder to dodge while using, can be dodged)
  • Star Rocket: Luigi summons a star and rides on it while it flies towards his target, gathering smaller stars in the process. He then crashes down on the target with smaller stars he accumulated striking the enemy.(harder to doge attacks like this)
  • Negative Zone: Luigi creates a zone with varying negative effects to his opponents such as slowing down, continuous damage, or falling asleep.(starts by dancing, limited area effect)

Ricsi-viragosi said:
*Super Jump: Luigi crouches down and rocket jumps super high into the air, damaging anything in his path.(obviusly weak attack in this instances)
  • Super Jump Punch: Luigi performs a jump that delivers a powerful flaming uppercut in it's initiation.(same as above)
  • Green Missile: After charging up, he horizontally launches himself while exploding his target on contact.(needs charging and touching enemy)
  • Fireballs: Luigi shoots green fireballs that can defy gravity. He can launch up to five at once in Mario Kart: Double Dash.(they are very predictible and can be blocked)
  • Thunderhand: Taught by the Thunder God. Luigi's gathers lightning in his hand and discharges it at his target for critical damage. This ability can also lower defense and attack power.(again, charged attack)
  • Luigi Cyclone: Luigi starts spinning in a horizontal fashion, knocking any near opponent away.(needs to be close)
  • Tornado Swing/Ball: Luigi creates and launches a tornado by spinning around and then either throwing an object or striking his target.(its a miniature tornado with small aoe and needs charging/spinning )
  • Vicious Vortex: Luigi's Super Strike. He strikes a karate pose with a green vortex surrounding him before kicking the target.(close combat only)
  • Thunder Luigi: Luigi's Mega Strike. He jumps into the air and becoming electrified while glowing green. He then unleashed plasma electric energy at the target which has a re-entry effect.
  • Dropchopper: Luigi summons a propeller and clings on to it to hover over his opponent. He then jumps down and drills down on his opponent, creating a shockwave from the impact that damages nearby foes. This attack deals much more damage when Mario attacks along with him.(harder to dodge while using, can be dodged)
  • Star Rocket: Luigi summons a star and rides on it while it flies towards his target, gathering smaller stars in the process. He then crashes down on the target with smaller stars he accumulated striking the enemy.(harder to doge attacks like this)
  • Negative Zone: Luigi creates a zone with varying negative effects to his opponents such as slowing down, continuous damage, or falling asleep.(starts by dancing, limited area effect)
Most of Luigi's abilities require some charging, he needs to be in melee range in order to land a hit with some of them, and he also doesn't have any resistance to Sans' attacks.

Luigi tries to hit Sans in melee range, and he'll just teleport out of the way. Since Sans will greatly pressure Luigi with tons of gaster blasters and bones, I doubt he'll have enough time to charge any of his attacks (Unless Luigi can move whilst charging). And since Luigi doesn't seem to have any way of resisting Sans' attacks, he could die from just a few hits or even one. Plus, even if Luigi tries to move, Sans could just hold him in place with his Blue Mode and simultaneously gaster blast him to death (Kinda makes you wonder, why didn't he do that in the Genocide Route boss fight?)

My vote goes to Sans.

Voting Luigi

Yes, Sans has massive amounts of hax and dodge Luigi's attacks easily but even if he continually kept killing Chara/Frisk (someone that's 2-B), he's only able to do that due to the fact that he has Durabilty Negation.

Also, Sans' profile it states that Sans doesn't use his full power to an extent unless absolutely nesscessary and since Luigi isn't bloodlusted here, then it isn't reasonable to assume that Sans is going to go all out on Luigi. And it's not to mention that Sans is extremely lazy as well, and while Luigi sometimes is too (as evident by him sleeping at a meeting in Bowser's Inside Story) Luigi is able endure enough of a beating from Sans for him to tire out and land a good hit

ROLVeBloxxer said:
Voting Luigi
Yes, Sans has massive amounts of hax and dodge Luigi's attacks easily but even if he continually kept killing Chara/Frisk (someone that's 2-B), he's only able to do that due to the fact that he has Durabilty Negation.

Also, Sans' profile it states that Sans doesn't use his full power to an extent unless absolutely nesscessary and since Luigi isn't bloodlusted here, then it isn't reasonable to assume that Sans is going to go all out on Luigi. And it's not to mention that Sans is extremely lazy as well, and while Luigi sometimes is too (as evident by him sleeping at a meeting in Bowser's Inside Story) Luigi is able endure enough of a beating from Sans for him to tire out and land a good hit
sans is always bloodlusted as he only fights then

the fact that he has dura negation is still something luigi cant deal with

lugi has not dralt with SOUL hax, which is what sans has, his dura is usless her

Luigi stomps.

Everyone thinks that Sans has the capability to hurt 2-B beings, but Chara wasn't 2-B until after it destroyed Frisk. During the Sans fight, Frisk(Chara) had the capability to erase 1 timeline at a time, making her overall power 2-C or lower. Besides, Frisk can't use this ability in battle, except for restarting fights, making it's power barely Tier 7, possibly lower (It's a kid with a knife, for God's sake). Unfortunately, Frisk's durability is actually garbage untill after the Sans fight, since it can be hurt by the likes of Tsunderplane. Also, San's Karmic Retribution won't work on Luigi because Luigi is a good person. Luigi has shown at LEAST solar system levels of power and durability, making Luigi far more powerful than Sans, giving Luigi the win.

Mickey1940 said:
Luigi stomps.
Everyone thinks that Sans has the capability to hurt 2-B beings, but Chara wasn't 2-B until after it destroyed Frisk. During the Sans fight, Frisk(Chara) had the capability to erase 1 timeline at a time, making her overall power 2-C or lower. Besides, Frisk can't use this ability in battle, except for restarting fights, making it's power barely Tier 7, possibly lower (It's a kid with a knife, for God's sake). Unfortunately, Frisk's durability is actually garbage untill after the Sans fight, since it can be hurt by the likes of Tsunderplane. Also, San's Karmic Retribution won't work on Luigi because Luigi is a good person. Luigi has shown at LEAST solar system levels of power and durability, making Luigi far more powerful than Sans, giving Luigi the win.
make a crt if zou dont like it

kr doesent care about actual karma, its soul poison

has luigi shown durabilitz with his SOUL?

Luigi has plenty of ways he can disappear from sight, and something like that is new for Sans. Taking all of Luigi's hax into consideration, and he should easily win this, actually! He has time travel, so he could "reset" the fight the same way Chara did, and with the Power Flower's intangibility, he can disappear and sucker punch Sans as he's trying to figure out where Luigi went. And if he gets close to Luigi at all, Negative Zone, and he's done for. Since that thing deals continuous damage, it'd be like someone with 1 HP in Brawl walks into the zone--they die instantly. And that zone comes out instantly, too! So, in the end, Luigi just needs to get in a good hit with his countless projectiles, endure a few hits and blast Sans to pieces, turn intangible and then just punch him, get close and activate the Negative Zone, or time travel back to the start of the fight, or even before it, and hit Sans while he's not looking.

And behind all of this, Sans is absolutely nothing new for Luigi. Bone manipulation, telekinesis? He's seen it. He's beaten Kamek, Dry Bowser, Dry Bones and such with ease in the past. The only thing Sans has that's new for Luigi is his soul poison. And like said, that works like poison; it affects them over time rather than right away. And Luigi's also dealt with poison in the past, too.

So, I'm voting Luigi.

Metal Mario875 said:
Luigi has plenty of ways he can disappear from sight, and something like that is new for Sans. Taking all of Luigi's hax into consideration, and he should easily win this, actually! He has time travel, so he could "reset" the fight the same way Chara did, and with the Power Flower's intangibility, he can disappear and sucker punch Sans as he's trying to figure out where Luigi went. And if he gets close to Luigi at all, Negative Zone, and he's done for. Since that thing deals continuous damage, it'd be like someone with 1 HP in Brawl walks into the zone--they die instantly. And that zone comes out instantly, too! So, in the end, Luigi just needs to get in a good hit with his countless projectiles, endure a few hits and blast Sans to pieces, turn intangible and then just punch him, get close and activate the Negative Zone, or time travel back to the start of the fight, or even before it, and hit Sans while he's not looking.
And behind all of this, Sans is absolutely nothing new for Luigi. Bone manipulation, telekinesis? He's seen it. He's beaten Kamek, Dry Bowser, Dry Bones and such with ease in the past. The only thing Sans has that's new for Luigi is his soul poison. And like said, that works like poison; it affects them over time rather than right away. And Luigi's also dealt with poison in the past, too.

So, I'm voting Luigi.
Starting to change my vote to Luigi because of this, but I'm not entirely sure yet.

If anyone else agrees with this argument and further proves it, maybe I'll finally change. But if there's any convincing counter argument to this, my vote for Sans stays the same.

first of

he doesent start like that in character

how does time travel work in fight?

has that intangibilty shown to work on souls?

sans doesent get close and negative yone starts with a dance

sans has wall level dura, 1 hp is game mechanics (hed still die, just pointing it out)

lugi cant endure a few hits if chara counldent

the soul poison affected someone much stronger than luigi, if he doesent have a show of soul streinght , he dies right awaz

@Ricsi:

1. Actually, Luigi's the type that'll start with his strongest power-ups. He doesn't underestimate any enemy. As a matter of fact, there's not too many differences between in-character Mario and Luigi or bloodlusted Mario and Luigi. They always fight seriously.

2. Luigi can just jump, disappear, and land in the past. It doesn't take long at all; Luigi time travels with a jump. From there, he just needs to find and punch Sans once while he's not expecting him.

3. "Work on souls"? What do you mean? Of course not, it makes it as if Luigi is a soul. The difference here is Sans has only ever fought tangible enemies. He's never fought someone that could just... disappear. And that's also what the Power Flower does. And as Sans tries to figure out what happened, Luigi just taps him, and he wins.

4. Luigi needs to get close. And with intangibility or just avoiding Sans' attacks due to speed equalized, he can. I'm not saying Sans will get close, but if he does, he's screwed. Also, Negative Zone still goes into affect during the dance, and even makes Luigi briefly invulnerable. So if Sans is even close (speed equalized, he won't be able to outspeed anything), he's done for. It'll instantly envelope him and instantly kill him.

5. I know, I'm just making an example here. Compared to Luigi's A.P., the 1 HP thing is a pretty accurate representation of how much Sans can take.

6. Chara could endure many hits.

7. Considering how slowly it affected Chara, and considering how it's soul poison, I don't see anything that says Luigi can't endure a few hits. It affects the enemy over time. Even if he can't, Luigi also one-shots him. Sans also uses his bones and Gaster Blasters when he's bloodlusted, and that'd be a mistake to do against Luigi. So, tell me, who's more likely to win:

Luigi, with his dozens of options to kill Sans...

Or Sans, with this one possibility that, even when bloodlusted, he doesn't always use right away?

Metal Mario875 said:
@Ricsi:
1. Actually, Luigi's the type that'll start with his strongest power-ups. He doesn't underestimate any enemy. As a matter of fact, there's not too many differences between in-character Mario and Luigi or bloodlusted Mario and Luigi. They always fight seriously.

2. Luigi can just jump, disappear, and land in the past. It doesn't take long at all; Luigi time travels with a jump. From there, he just needs to find and punch Sans once while he's not expecting him.

3. "Work on souls"? What do you mean? Of course not, it makes it as if Luigi is a soul. The difference here is Sans has only ever fought tangible enemies. He's never fought someone that could just... disappear. And that's also what the Power Flower does. And as Sans tries to figure out what happened, Luigi just taps him, and he wins.

4. Luigi needs to get close. And with intangibility or just avoiding Sans' attacks due to speed equalized, he can. I'm not saying Sans will get close, but if he does, he's screwed. Also, Negative Zone still goes into affect during the dance, and even makes Luigi briefly invulnerable. So if Sans is even close (speed equalized, he won't be able to outspeed anything), he's done for. It'll instantly envelope him and instantly kill him.

5. I know, I'm just making an example here. Compared to Luigi's A.P., the 1 HP thing is a pretty accurate representation of how much Sans can take.

6. Chara could endure many hits.

7. Considering how slowly it affected Chara, and considering how it's soul poison, I don't see anything that says Luigi can't endure a few hits. It affects the enemy over time. Even if he can't, Luigi also one-shots him. Sans also uses his bones and Gaster Blasters when he's bloodlusted, and that'd be a mistake to do against Luigi. So, tell me, who's more likely to win:

Luigi, with his dozens of options to kill Sans...

Or Sans, with this one possibility that, even when bloodlusted, he doesn't always use right away?
1 when has he done that(not saying he didnt), how long does it go and does it work after death

2 point 1

3 magic was stated to work on ghosts

4 teleportation and blue magic

6 they died in 3 seconnds and theyre soul was ridiculoslz more powerful

7 even whitout poison chara died in 3 seconds of contact

sans alwazs goes all out in character.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
sans alwazs goes all out in character.
Weaknesses: Incredibly lazy, Won't fight unless absolutely necessary (only fought in the genocide route, where he believes you to be a threat to all other timelines). Weak against murder intentions.

ROLVeBloxxer said:
Weaknesses: Incredibly lazy, Won't fight unless absolutely necessary (only fought in the genocide route, where he believes you to be a threat to all other timelines). Weak against murder intentions.
which is why sans is always bloodlusted in fights . as he only fights that way

@Ricsi:

1. In practically every fight.

2. He himself never did it. Mario did. But since he's a better jumper than Mario, it was added to his profile.

3. In what game? And that doesn't matter, since my whole point was that Luigi can disappear and Sans has never dealt with something like that. Quit straw manning.

4. Okay, and? Can't teleport away from something you can't see. Can't teleport away once you're already in the thing. Can't teleport away once you're already dead.

6. Since when did Chara die in "three seconds"? You're pulling the time frame out of nowhere. If you sit in a pile of bones, then sure, but tanking each individual hit, it only did one damage to Chara. Their health was only truly affected by KARMA, which is the purple soul poison.

7. No, what really affected Chara was the soul poison, as I said. And Luigi's not going to sit in a pile of bones to let Sans do that. Chara never did, either.

8. Then if he only fights bloodlusted, why did you say he goes all out in-character? Because he doesn't. That's what ROLV quoted his weakness for. Now you're fighting your own arguments.

@Eficiente: Scaling to Mario's ability to time travel.

Metal Mario875 said:
@Ricsi:
1. In practically every fight.

2. He himself never did it. Mario did. But since he's a better jumper than Mario, it was added to his profile.

3. In what game? And that doesn't matter, since my whole point was that Luigi can disappear and Sans has never dealt with something like that. Quit straw manning.

4. Okay, and? Can't teleport away from something you can't see. Can't teleport away once you're already in the thing. Can't teleport away once you're already dead.

6. Since when did Chara die in "three seconds"? You're pulling the time frame out of nowhere. If you sit in a pile of bones, then sure, but tanking each individual hit, it only did one damage to Chara. Their health was only truly affected by KARMA, which is the purple soul poison.

7. No, what really affected Chara was the soul poison, as I said. And Luigi's not going to sit in a pile of bones to let Sans do that. Chara never did, either.

8. Then if he only fights bloodlusted, why did you say he goes all out in-character? Because he doesn't. That's what ROLV quoted his weakness for. Now you're fighting your own arguments.
2 could you please show a scan?

3 thats.... not what a strawmanning is, and in undertale.and if sans hit a soul, and luigi becomes a soul, then under what reasoning is he immune to soul attacks?

4 but he wouldent get close and coul easly keep himself away

6 no,he does 40 dammage per second whitout kr. he does 40 dammage per second by taking away invincibility frames

7 no, blue magic made them

8 no, he either doesent fight or when he fights he goes all out. he does fight all out in character, as he is bloodlusted while fighting

2. Here.

3. Yes, that is. You're completely avoiding my actual argument and saying things completely unrelated to the conversation. Perhaps not straw manning, but you're certainly not debating properly. Also, the Power Flower doesn't actually turn Luigi into a soul. I said it makes it as if he is a soul, what with invisibility and intangibility.

4. Again, I'm not saying Sans will try to get close. But Luigi will, and with the Power Flower, he can do that.

6. He's Wall level physically, so apparently, his profile doesn't agree with that. It only mentions his KARMA being of any use to him.

7. What? No, Sans' Blue Attack only made it easier for him to hit them due to gravity manipulation. Which Luigi legitimately resists, by the way. I think I'm legit going to make a CRT about Luigi, because half of his abilities that he shares with Mario are on Mario's profile, but not Luigi's.

8. So, in-character, he's not going to fight right away, but once he does decide to fight, he's automatically bloodlusted... then Luigi stomps this. OP never mentioned Sans bloodlusted, so his in-character weakness of not trying to fight will be active.

Metal Mario875 said:

6. He's Wall level physically, so apparently, his profile doesn't agree with that. It only mentions his KARMA being of any use to him.

7. What? No, Sans' Blue Attack only made it easier for him to hit them due to gravity manipulation. Which Luigi legitimately resists, by the way. I think I'm legit going to make a CRT about Luigi, because half of his abilities that he shares with Mario are on Mario's profile, but not Luigi's.

8. So, in-character, he's not going to fight right away, but once he does decide to fight, he's automatically bloodlusted... then Luigi stomps this. OP never mentioned Sans bloodlusted, so his in-character weakness of not trying to fight will be active.
2 thanks

3 the flower doesent make his soul intangible nor invisible

4 yes, but via teletrasportation an blue magic sans could keep him awaz

6 if you read a few lines more: Unknow via hax (Repeatedly defeated a multiversal enemy while they were in physical form due to mostly ignoring durability on both a conventional level and the entire mechanic of post-hit invulnerability.

the hax is soul magic, kr is on top of that

7 if you are gonna make a luigi crt, im all for it, please write it here though, but its soul manipulation, not gravity.

8 no, sans is presumed bloodlusted as he would genuinly self bfr himself if not

2. You're welcome. :)

3. A soul is by default intangible.

4. But with the Power Flower, Sans won't be able to see Luigi, so he won't know where he is. Can't teleport away from something you can't see.

6. Yes, that is my point. "Via hax." That proves that it was his soul poison that was the reason he did any damage.

7. It says on Sans' profile that his Blue Attack gives the soul "gravity" (whether it's actual gravity or directional force is unknown, but either way, Luigi resists), so I think it is gravity manipulation.

8. Then if he's presumed bloodlusted, he doesn't fight all-out in-character, right?

Metal Mario875 said:
2. You're welcome. :)
3. A soul is by default intangible.

4. But with the Power Flower, Sans won't be able to see Luigi, so he won't know where he is. Can't teleport away from something you can't see.

6. Yes, that is my point. "Via hax." That proves that it was his soul poison that was the reason he did any damage.

7. It says on Sans' profile that his Blue Attack gives the soul "gravity" (whether it's actual gravity or directional force is unknown, but either way, Luigi resists), so I think it is gravity manipulation.

8. Then if he's presumed bloodlusted, he doesn't fight all-out in-character, right?
3 yes, and sans hits them regulary

4 has it shown to make your soul invisible? sans can see souls, after all, and color them blue

6 no, it was soul hax itself, in the firt attack,he onlz does 5 dammage via poison and more than 9`via soul hax

7 luigi has resisted soul gravitz? and not until crt, sorrz

8 he hits you with his strongest attack first, then goes more light, then makes a last full power attack and makes the never your turn bro move

3. True.

4. Sans cannot see souls. There's no evidence of such. Sans only ever fought someone who was tangible (Frisk), so it makes sense how he could target their soul. If Luigi turns intangible, he won't be able to see him to target his soul.

6. Umm, no. Him throwing your soul around actually does no damage until the very end. The only thing that damages you is if you touch the bones or Gaster Blasters, which turns your health purple with soul poison.

7. Fair enough.

8. That's when he was bloodlusted. As his profile states, in-character, he's lazy and lacks any motivation to fight whatsoever. He'll only fight you if it's absolutely necessary. He legit lets you go on by even if you've killed everyone except one monster. He requires good reason to fight, and if he doesn't have that, well, as I said, Luigi can take advantage of that.

Metal Mario875 said:
3. True.
4. Sans cannot see souls. There's no evidence of such. Sans only ever fought someone who was tangible (Frisk), so it makes sense how he could target their soul. If Luigi turns intangible, he won't be able to see him to target his soul.

6. Umm, no. Him throwing your soul around actually does no damage until the very end. The only thing that damages you is if you touch the bones or Gaster Blasters, which turns your health purple with soul poison.

7. Fair enough.

8. That's when he was bloodlusted. As his profile states, in-character, he's lazy and lacks any motivation to fight whatsoever. He'll only fight you if it's absolutely necessary. He legit lets you go on by even if you've killed everyone except one monster. He requires good reason to fight, and if he doesn't have that, well, as I said, Luigi can take advantage of that.
4 papyrus could see friskzs soul as a flying red soul

6no, zou get normal dammage (1 per frame,which is 4`per second) AND kr, which is an extra

4. I don't recall Papyrus ever saying anything of the sort. He only says, "You're blue now." And because Flowey describes your soul as your culmination; your everything, he could have just seen Frisk themselves as blue. Even so, that would account for Papyrus, not necessarily Sans.

6. Ah, okay.

Metal Mario875 said:
4. I don't recall Papyrus ever saying anything of the sort. He only says, "You're blue now." And because Flowey describes your soul as your culmination; your everything, he could have just seen Frisk themselves as blue. Even so, that would account for Papyrus, not necessarily Sans.
6. Ah, okay.
4 during the date, and there is no reason to belive that, as fisk is much smaller then theyre soul. toriel would not be shocked if your soul broke, as she wouldent know zoure dead right away

and how would he know frisk is blue?

4. Do you have a link? And there's also no reason to believe Sans can see intangible souls when he's never demonstrated such a thing. And what's this about Toriel?

Because your soul is your culminatio. It is all of you. Meaning, all of you turned blue, including your physical form.

but bz extension luigis soul woul also become blue.

wait a bit for the link please

toriel is shocked when zou die RIGHT AWAY. instead of a few second after dieing to her

That's not necessarily the case. In Undertale, souls work very differently than other fictions. In Undertale, your soul is all of you, which means your body turns blue with Blue Attack active. For Mario, your soul is separate from your body; they are not one in the same. So, he can turn the intangible soul blue, but he can't see it because it doesn't color Luigi himself, and because Luigi is already invisible. With that said, he can't see anything, and it doesn't help him at all.

Gotcha.

I don't understand how that supports your argument.

Metal Mario875 said:
That's not necessarily the case. In Undertale, souls work very differently than other fictions. In Undertale, your soul is all of you, which means your body turns blue with Blue Attack active. For Mario, your soul is separate from your body; they are not one in the same. So, he can turn the intangible soul blue, but he can't see it because it doesn't color Luigi himself, and because Luigi is already invisible. With that said, he can't see anything, and it doesn't help him at all.
Gotcha.

I don't understand how that supports your argument.
verse equalization gives Luigi a SOUL to color.

toriel wouldent be able to tell you died right away whitout seein youre soul break

Back