• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Pre-Timeskip Luffy vs Garou

• Speed Equalized
  • In character
  • Ennies Lobby Arc Luffy and Half Monster Garou being used
  • Nightmare Luffy restricted
  • SBA everything else
VOTES:

• Luffy: 9 (PlumCrayfish, Rei Rubro, Calacavs, PTSOXMONKEY, KobsterHope, ApisDeathbylazors, TheWrightWay, Js2504, Jimboy)
  • Garou: 2 (Damage, Xulrev)
  • Incon:
Luffy Pre TS Base
PossibleKeyImageForGarou

Iirc, due to whole Doriki thing in OP, Base Luffy should be around 318KT, comparable to Lucci.

G2 Luffy is = Zoan Lucci >= 525KT Asura Zoro. And G3 Luffy is absolutetly strong enough to almost one-shot Zoan Lucci with one punch. And that is just EL Luffy, so by the power of plot progression, he should be a bit stronger than this in Thriller Bark. So Luffy is leading the AP game here compared to Garou's >>>102KT. Even though he could increase his strength further, there will still be a large gap in strength.

But Garou is very much a highly skilled fighter. He have Pre-cognition that would allow him to anticipated and predict Luffy's attack and most likely reflect them back at him. Though, due to Luffy's rubber physiology, he shouldn't be hurt much by Garou's physical attacks. However, Luffy is no slouch in battle, he is quite clever and creative in battle and adapts to an opponent as well. And Luffy has face against a Pre-cognition user before in the form of God Enel, so Luffy have at least some experiences dealing with Pre-cognition types

Garou won't be able to copy Luffy's style to use against him since Luffy's fighting style mainly revolves around his DF to be effective.

Luffy should be the faster of the two, due to having speed amps via G2nd. Since Garou was able to survive attacks from Orochi who is currently listed as 7-B, he should be able to tank even some direct G3 attacks.

This feels like this will turn into a battle of attrition and both characters have feats of extraodinary stamina.

For Garou's immortality, isn't it only after several hours that he is able to get back up? Idk

For now, I put in my vote for Monkey boy.

Luffy should take this with his BF Resistance, good enough martial arts skills to match Garou and unyque fighting style, along with the stat difference that put Garou in the corner.

Yeah, Luffy should take this mid-low difficulty

Garou is an immensely skilled martial artist, but Luffy's resistance to blunt force trauma makes Water Stream Rock Smashing fist nigh useless, even with its ability to reflect damage and attacks. His stat amping and rage boosts also get lolnoped by Luffy's rubber body.

I'm not sure if Garou can ever hurt Luffy due to the blunt force resistance. Although the iron cutting fist deals cutting damage, so he'd have to strictly use that for offense.

Well I suppose he could use the water stream for defense and the cutting for offense, he did learn to utilize both (before he got BTFO'd by Orochi).

Got it.

Well, he could use those options, but Luffy holds the stats to keep him at bay without getting too many injuries. Plus, Luffy is no strange against enemies who can pierce his skin even without weapons (see Rob Lucci with his claws) so the moment he notices Garou can pierce his skin he'll be more cautelous.

His fighting style is also weird enough to get a few good hits at the start of the fight that'll put Garou in a bad state from the very beginning considering the sheer difference of power.

Nothing changes to me. Luffy is now slightly weaker than before, but the numbers that were used are for his Enies Lobby key so the reasoning behind Luffy's victory are as valid as before.

Well, now Luffy is in base somewhat below 318 KT and in G2 somewhat above 318 KT.

Garou is well above 102 KT and has some impressive endurance feats by fighting Orochi (One Punch Man) even if the latter was more or less casual (he still took a blast to the face).

So... I guess that this could be decided by Luffy doing something like using G3, which could OHKO Garou or fail and leave him undefended long enough for Garou to kill.

Welp. Maybe inconclusive? This luffy is also extremely resilient so Garou wont be able to kill him until after a very long drawn fight.

>Luffy's far stronger than Garou and could OHKO

>Garou has less viable options than Luffy

>Luffy's faster

>Inconclusive

Excuse me WHAT-Jontron
Excuse me WHAT-Jontro

Calaca Vs said:
Nothing changes to me. Luffy is now slightly weaker than before, but the numbers that were used are for his Enies Lobby key so the reasoning behind Luffy's victory are as valid as before.
Orochi was 7-B when the original comment was created. Or maybr it is simply wrong. But Orochi is 7-A at the very least.

Calaca Vs said:
>Luffy's far stronger than Garou and could OHKO

>Garou has less viable options than Luffy

>Luffy's faster

>Inconclusive
>Garou has precog.

>Garou is more skilled

>For Luffy to OHKO he needs to resort to an ability that could give Garou the win.

Also, Friendly reminder that Garou is actually faster and that he is being nerfed by speed equalization. And Luffy is "faster" with speed amps. Duh

>Luffy has dealt with precog

>Luffy has dealth with skilled martial artists

>That's assuming he doesn't beat him just with Gear 2nd which is above the 300KT with speed amps

Luffy doesn't need G3 to defeat Garou. In fact, in the case he use it, Garou will be defeated.

Wanna have Garou's Durability scaling to Orochi? This isn't the place and you know it. Taking a beat from a far stronger character is good, but right now Garou is just High 7-C and Orochi was holding back.

After seeing the speeds, @OP you could very well unequalize them.

If Im not mistaken Garou scales to 3.5k mach while Luffy in base scales far above 700 mach.

Calaca Vs said:
>Luffy has dealt with precog

>Luffy has dealth with skilled martial artists

>That's assuming he doesn't beat him just with Gear 2nd which is above the 300KT with speed amps

Luffy doesn't need G3 to defeat Garou. In fact, in the case he use it, Garou will be defeated.

Wanna have Garou's Durability scaling to Orochi? This isn't the place and you know it. Taking a beat from a far stronger character is good, but right now Garou is just High 7-C and Orochi was holding back.
I said endurance and not durability. Taking a beating from someone well above your league is still impressive.

And "having dealt" with those things doesnt take the advantage from Garou, its not like Luffy became immune to precog.

G3 is a gamble because its an easily dodgeable attack my dood, its not a win button by any means. Much less against someone like Garou.

First of all, Luffy traded blows with Rob Lucci. He matched him blow from blow. How is that not an advantage when you consider that skilled martial artist can't take their usual advantages over their opponents with no regular training? If anything, Garou would be slightly more skilled than Luffy here.

Second, wasn't the MHS+ feat downgraded not too long ago? I remember a redo with Mach 1K results was done some weeks ago.

Third, Luffy scales >>>>> Mach 909. Small correction. It's likely becoming MHS+ for the virtue of being above that in the future, anyway.

Edit:

Luffy dealt with Enel coming with creative solutions against his precog. IIRC Garou's precog is done via reading the fighting styles and movements from his opponent. Well, guess what, Luffy usually doesn't move like a natural human with his physiology and he has bypassed actual precognition from the above mentioned.

Guess I have to say again that Luffy doesn't need G3 here considering the stat difference. Garou being far above baseline means nothing against someone who has a specific number 3x above that in Base. He doesn't have multipliers nor scaling to any other feats in the High 7-C tier so he'll be weaker than Luffy most of the cases.

How does Luffy deal with Garou redirecting his attacks? He does have a very non-standard way of fighting, but Garou would be quick to adapt to it.

Since Luffy's blunt force resistance won't save him from Garou's cutting attacks, I have to give my vote to Garou.

Schnee One said:
Garou redirects the attack an Luffy survives cause blunt resistance
Its likely meant as a defenssive strategy and not offensive.

Calaca Vs said:
Does he need tho? What does that change? Garou can't redirect forever.
Well, there's a chance that he could. Garou gets stronger during battle; Gyoro-Gyoro noted in his fight with Orochi that even after being stabbed through the chest Garou continued to get faster and faster as he dodged and ran around the base.

It is only when being completely overwhelmed that Garou gets shut down; otherwise he adapts to his opponents fighting style and his stats increase.

Even when on his last legs and being overwhelmed by Bang and Bomb simultaneously Garou still gained a fresh burst of strength and energy that let him become more powerful despite being more damaged than ever.

I mean, this Garou is stronger than the Garou that oneshot Royal Ripper right? Literally in one punch. So saying that he is merely 100 KT is... Well, inaccurate. 300 kt shouldnt be a problem at all for him.

I know that.

Wait, if Garou can become faster and has precog, why is speed unequalized? Even if he gets overwhelmed he could adapt and start being comparable to him eventually.

Edit:

@Pachi

Luffy matched Base Lucci and after that he took mortal hits from Zoan Lucci who's far above 300KT. Luffy's Durability is far above that and Garou won't have harming Luffy that easy.

Back