• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Luffy vs Chinjao Pt. 2, But Different Versions

KingTempest

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
They fought in the Corrida Colosseum, but we have 2 weaker versions that haven't fought yet.

Thriller Bark Arc Straw Hat Luffy
  • Base > 650 Kilotons, ~0.33c, 1.0579e9 kg Lifting Strength
  • Gear 2nd ~ 1.3 Megatons, ~0.46c, higher with Soru
  • Gear 3rd > 1.3 Megatons, >0.33c
  • Nightmare is Restricted, as he isn't capable of using it on his own
  • This arc he was capable of using Gear 2nd and Gear 3rd at the same time, ignoring the Gear 3rd speed lowering
  • Luffy starts off in base
Post-Colosseum Chinjao the Drill
  • Base - 850 Kilotons ~0.46c, 1.0579e9 kg Lifting Strength
  • Busoshoku Haki > 850 Kilotons
Speed is not equalized.
Win by incap.
Pure genuine stats match.
Fighting in Corrida Colosseum.

Straw Hat: Kachon123, Noneless21, Popted2
The Drill: GodlyCharmander, Nierre, Eminiteable
Inconclusive:

Last edited:
Chinjao already dealt with his skill and unpredictability post timeskip.

Speed gap is nonexistent, they scale to the same value. Arguably Chinjao could scale higher.

AP gap is fair, Chinjao has dura neg too

Isn't chinjao more experienced and skilled? I kinda forgot
Experience yes, skill is debatable. He fought a later version of Luffy and he technically would already know how Luffy fights since this is a later version of him.

Luffy's skill is good enough for him to keep up though.

Hmmm, and i guess the buso haki has a good time limit ye? If yes then the ap gap will be in chinjao's favour tho luffy is faster and more unpredictable although Chinjao has fought luffy before so it's a close game

Hmmm, and i guess the buso haki has a good time limit ye? If yes then the ap gap will be in chinjao's favour tho luffy is faster and more unpredictable although Chinjao has fought luffy before so it's a close game
Buso has a time limit, but the time limit is a... really really really long one. Like it's really not even a time limit, we've only seen it run out because the only time we see this "time limit" is when someone (a later Luffy) is using ridiculous amounts of it.

Safe to say Chinjao can last the whole fight with it

Then i guess it'll be incon because if luffy go gear 3rd, it'll just make luffy easier to attack, and if luffy will just go gear 2nd then it'll be a better match i guess?

I'll vote for incon, but i might cjange vote if there's more luffy supporter

Then i guess it'll be incon because if luffy go gear 3rd, it'll just make luffy easier to attack, and if luffy will just go gear 2nd then it'll be a better match i guess?
Luffy can fuse the two. The speed gap between g3 and Chinjao is literally only 1.39x. It's nearly non-existent. Chinjao's fighting style isn't one that would allow him to blitz and counter Luffy with speed, so a gap of that margin will barely matter.

Hmmmm, luffy did fought many opponents with ap gap before

guess i'll change my vote for luffy then, even tho chinjao did have experience fighting Garp, Garp never show us that he's capable of soru si i guess Luffy wins this

I think I'll vote for Chinjao.

He's comparable to Luffy with G2, with Ken Haki, Chinjao should be able to react to Luffy's attacks alot easier (he also fought a more experienced, and more skilled Luffy).

He also has dura neg, which should keep Luffy on his toes.

He also has Haoshoku Haki which should shake up Luffy even if a little. Luffy doesn't have Hao Haki, so at the very least, he'll feel the effects of Haoshoku (Fear Manip and likely Sleep Manip). Chinjao isn't an intital practitioner of Haoshoku Haki, but instead an Intermediate Haki user, so he's definitely a good margin above anything Luffy has dealt with in terms of Haki users. I think Chinjao has this in the bag.

Haoshoku wouldn't hurt Luffy, his willpower is drastically high enough to completely ignore the effects of Hao.

But all your other reasons seem valid, so I'll add them (and I'll add the ones from above too)

He's comparable to Luffy with G2, with Ken Haki, Chinjao should be able to react to Luffy's attacks alot easier (he also fought a more experienced, and more skilled Luffy).
Luffy with G2+G3+Soru can outspeed and outpower Chinjao.

Luffy’s Soru and analytical prediction could possibly counter.

Iwl you can make the argument that Luffy can copy hasshoken

I believe Chinjao has the better arsenal, and skill out of the two (as mentioned before, he fought a much, much more skilled Luffy), I do not think the AP gap will matter too much considering his far better precognition.

G2 still had a backlash on Luffy's body, no? G3 as well, no?

I believe Chinjao has the better arsenal, and skill out of the two (as mentioned before, he fought a much, much more skilled Luffy), I do not think the AP gap will matter too much considering his far better precognition.

G2 still had a backlash on Luffy's body, no? G3 as well, no?
G3rd made him small, G2nd axed his stamina, both together almost killed Zoro

G3rd made him small, G2nd axed his stamina, both together almost killed Zoro
Yeah, the G2+G3 combo is not one shotting Chinjao, so it's REALLY unreliable.

I believe due to Chinjao's Haki (which obviously axes Luffy's resistance to blunt damage, plus precog), and skill being debatably superior, plus Luffy's weakness when using the necessary things he'd need to outdo him, Chinjao is more likely to win than not.

OH i forgot about the weaknesses of both gears in PTS

Yeah I change back to Chinjao, both forms are gonna be detrimental to him here

I think I’ll vote for Chinjao due to his much greater fighting experience for having fought Garp and Roger in his prime, as well as his Haki. Furthermore, Luffy doesn’t have the same mastery over his gears in his pre-timeskip state and can’t spam Gear 2 constantly. Not only that, but if he uses Gear 3, he’ll turn baby-sized, leaving him extremely vulnerable. I think even in this case, Luffy’s high stamina, adaptability and fighting instincts wouldn’t be enough to overcome the greater experience and skills that Chinjao possesses.

Back