• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sanji vs Sai (from One Piece lmao)

KingTempest

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Two characters I like, who both use kicks.

Thriller Bark Arc Black Leg Sanji
  • Base > 650 Kilotons, ~0.33c, 1.0579e9 kg Lifting Strength
  • Diable Jambe ~ 1.3 Megatons, ~0.46c
Don Sai
  • Base - 850 Kilotons ~0.46c, 1.0579e9 kg Lifting Strength
  • Busoshoku Haki > 937.3 Kilotons
Speed is not equalized.
Win by incap.
Pure genuine stats match.
Fighting in Corrida Colosseum.

Sanji: Kachon123
Sai: Nierre, Eminiteable
Inconclusive:

Last edited:
Hmmm, both have ways to bypass their opponent's durability with Hasshoken and Diable Jambe, although Haki does provide a bit of resistance to heat

Don't know who exactly is the more skilled individual of the two since they seemed to be masters of their respective martial arts

Sai is stronger than Sanji unless Sanji uses Diable Jambe but Pre-Timeskip, Sanji have to twirl around to activate it and it won't inflict as much damage as it usually would due to Haki's Heat Resistance

hmmm, while both sanji pre-timeskip and sai (from one piece ofc) did have about the same skill, i can argue that Sanji's experience is higher from fighting foes stronger than himself but the buso haki may give resistance to heat while DJ needed preparation so i think i'm leaning towards sai now until there's more argument at Sanji's side

I think Sai wins this.

His Haki gives him resistance to DJ, and he also has dura neg which Sanji will be unable to avoid. Sai ALSO has Kenbunshoku Haki which should allow him to be steps ahead of Sanji (with and without DJ).

If Sanji doesn't start with DJ, Sai takes this low diff.

If Sanji starts with DJ, I think Sai takes it low-mid diff. The only solid advantage Sanji has imo is AP and possibly skill.

Sai is resistant to his heat, dura neg, range (with Bisento), and Ken Haki.

Sanji uses Diable Jambe but Pre-Timeskip, Sanji have to twirl around to activate it
I really don't think that will matter, as Sanji is able to activate Diable in the middle of attacks that are comparable, if not faster, to him in speed.
unknown.png
Screen_Shot_2022-04-15_at_11.06.59_PM.png

Not as of Thriller Bark, during then he just automatically activates it like against Oars and the Pacifista
I was just about to bring that up.

Even if there is a timelimit, I don't think it matters here. The match shouldn't last THAT long to the point where he'll "run out"

Even if there is a timelimit, I don't think it matters here. The match shouldn't last THAT long to the point where he'll "run out"
Even if he does run out, Sanji still has a chance on beating Sai. He's seemingly experienced and has better skill feats. Sanji also has a wide variety of attack styles and can fight from a mid range with air projectiles and shockwaves.

Sai may have CoO, but Sanji still has the momentarily blinding light that Diable provides, which could stun Sai for as much as a second. In that time, Sanji could land a devastating combo that would take Sai out.

Sanji also has insane pain tolerance and stamina, so he can outlast Sai rather easily.

Voting Sanji.

Sanji also has a wide variety of attack styles and can fight from a mid range with air projectiles and shockwaves.
None of that would matter if Sai has Haki, speed advantage (assuming without DJ), AP advantage (assuming without DJ)
Sai may have CoO, but Sanji still has the momentarily blinding light that Diable provides
uhhh no. He'll be able to hear him, give him awareness, see his aura, x-ray vision etc etc etc, it's all on the Haki Page. Some "temporary blindness" ain't doing shit against Haki.
he can outlast Sai rather easily.
Uhh not really?

Sai will be literally dodging Sanji's moves easily without DJ, that will take like little to know stamina for him to do. Sai has Ken anyways so he'll always be "one step ahead" Sanji. Sai also has a Bisento so he doesn't have to actively fight close range to fight Sanji. He also has dura neg?? Like hello? There's so much stacked against Sanji in this match.

Last edited:
Like even if we assume, Sanji tanks the first few hits of Sai's dura neg and he continues fighting, there's so much he can tank before he's down

He's already at a disadvantage without DJ, even with DJ, Sai has Buso Haki so he's not getting burned, and with Ken Haki, he'll always be a step ahead Sanji. Sanji is not getting any clear hits in. Sai can also play the "range" game with his Bisento. Sai also has High stamina so his stamina isn't depleting any time soon.

The chances of Sai running out of stamina and losing before Sanji loses due to speed (w/o DJ, and even with DJ; Ken Haki), AP (w/o DJ), Dura Neg (Hasshoken Ogi, Bujaogen), Buso Haki (Resistant to Heat), is extremely low and bordering Sanji wank imho.

Pre TS we left it blank cause we don't know
Same with Post TS. We have never seen him explicitly use it, so we can't say we know what level it is.

But regardless, he should've had haki feats, which he didn't.

Pre TS we left it blank cause we don't know
Same with Post TS. We have never seen him explicitly use it, so we can't say we know what level it is.

But regardless, he should've had haki feats, which he didn't.
Tekkai is Haki. Sanji's Diable were able to bypass tekkai. It should be able to do the same with Sai's.

Oh dang, Sanji CAN penetrate buso coating
Sanji can go from being competative with someone, ableit losing, to two-shotting them in diable Jambe, despite them using Tekkai/Buso.

Once Sanji goes Diable, he wins this handily.

As for Sai's Obs haki, Sanji has fought people who use Obs in the past, and he knows that they need to be focused and paying attentive at all times to use it effectively. Sanji can definitely shock Sai with the heat of his kicks, like he did with Jabra. In that time, he can his him with the classic combo, giving him no time to react, then deliver a devastating finish.

well, from the looks of this Sanji may takes this but i still think Sai ain't gonna go down without a fight so I'll hold off my vote until there's more info bout Sai

Tekkai is not Haki. Where in that scan does he say "Tekkai is Haki"? That scan is Jinbe being conjectural not certain.

Who's Who has a move called Tekkai "Kibasen" where his body is in a State of Tekkai, and he hardens his teeth with Buso, and then leaps towards his target. Proving, to me, that they are two different techniques.

Also
Sanji has fought people who use Obs in the past, and he knows that they need to be focused and paying attentive at all times to use it effectively.
This scan shows NOTHING about Sanji knowing that they need to be focused and paying attentive. Luffy was able to HOLD HIM which makes seeing the future useless if you can't move. Where does it show anything about Sanji knowing he needs to stay focused. If there's anything Sanji knows that he needs to stop Sai from moving, which he doesn't have the ability to, unlike that specific scenario that LUFFY (and not even Sanji) was able to.
He'll be fine. It will lose its heat properties, even if it "shocks" him, he'll be fine. Plus he'll just dodge lol
he can his him with the classic combo, giving him no time to react, then deliver a devastating finish.
???? You're downplaying Haki to the ground.

You're also very much downplaying Sai and assuming he's going to be on the backhand the whole time

No way in hell did he link my imgur file that's still a work in progress

Back