• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Lucy Heartfilia

wonder woman

Rules:

Both 5-A (Limit break Lucy)

Both in-character

both with knowledge of each other

speed equalized

battle takes place in Suzaku castle from street fighter (think of the platform from smash bros)

they start 3ft apart

Incap only

the reason of the fight is because apparently in this universe lucy joined the justice league and is wonder woman's BFF. so they spar a lot. (yeah i know lame story but who cares)

Note:

If the rules have any bias. feel free to point it out and i'll correct it to make things more fair. (Just in case) (i want to make sure the fight is fair and there isn't any bias to either side)

She does have this though what do you think

Fairy Sphere: After utilizing the instructions from the book that Mavis wrote for its incantation, Lucy is able to cast the Magic. With it and the power of the other Fairy Tail member, she is able to create an ethereal orb, which is one of the most indestructible defense Magics available. When everyone in Ishgar provided magic power to the spell, even someone as strong as Acnologia could not break it.

Lucy's standard tactics are to use her summons and star dresses to overwhelm her opponent, failing that (which always happens against comparable opponents since Lucy is the least skilled combatant in the series) Lucy will use her summons as a distraction while she cast's urano metria or Gottfried (casting either of those with leave Lucy exhausted and defenceless).

None of this will work on Diana as she vastly outskills Lucy, has higher intelligence and her bracelets can block urano metria and Gottfried.

in that case Lucy has a x2 AP advantage

that plus her massive AOE + Aires cotton + 2v1 fighting style + gemini should nab her the win

ngl Gemini alone already completely invalidates anything Wonder Woman can do

Only issue I can see is Wonder Woman's resistance to Magic but that doesn't help her from not getting kicked in the face

voting Lucy for now

in that case Lucy has a x2 AP advantage

that plus her massive AOE + Aires cotton + 2v1 fighting style + gemini should nab her the win

ngl Gemini alone already completely invalidates anything Wonder Woman can do

Only issue I can see is Wonder Woman's resistance to Magic but that doesn't help her from not getting kicked in the face

voting Lucy for now
A few problems with your argument:

1) Diana's defences and combat experience counters everything except Gemini.

2) Lucy rarely uses Gemini and has never used them to copy the opponent she is currently fighting.

3) Lucy 's limit break form lasts less than a minute and she has no way of koing Diana quickly even with a 2x ap advantage.

4) Diana can just steal Lucy's keys leaving her with the aquarius star dress and poor cqc skills (cqc skills that are cannonicaly so bad that Capricorn is nerfed because of them).

A few problems with your argument:

1) Diana's defences and combat experience counters everything except Gemini.

2) Lucy rarely uses Gemini and has never used them to copy the opponent she is currently fighting.

3) Lucy 's limit break form lasts less than a minute and she has no way of koing Diana quickly even with a 2x ap advantage.

4) Diana can just steal Lucy's keys leaving her with the aquarius star dress and poor cqc skills (cqc skills that are cannonicaly so bad that Capricorn is nerfed because of them).
1. According to he profile she doesn't really have any crazy hax or resistances

2. It's still an option if things go wrong, which considering Diana's skill is def a possibility, but I do agree it's rare for her to use it that way

3. yeah that's fair, but is this fight assuming Lucy will run out of steam?

4. how does she just steal Lucy's keys? She's not strong enough to actually do that

1. According to he profile she doesn't really have any crazy hax or resistances
he means the bracelets and just being good at blocking and dodging in general, how is her aoe done?
3. yeah that's fair, but is this fight assuming Lucy will run out of steam?
What does this mean
4. how does she just steal Lucy's keys? She's not strong enough to actually do that
Is this an actual key you can just like take? cause if it is then she should be strong enough to take it

hey wonder woman and the green lanterns were around before Death Of Superman right? why doesnt he just scale to their moon level feat? it seems weird for him to be weaker than wonder woman and Green Lanterns.

3) I would assume given that there is a stamina stat in the profiles.

4) Diana's LS is orders of magnitude higher Lucy's so she could grab the keys easily.

@ knifeman29

Yes they are physical keys that can be stolen or destroyed. Which Lucy needs to be touching to use her spells (unless the celestial spirit king says otherwise).

he means the bracelets and just being good at blocking and dodging in general, how is her aoe done?

What does this mean

Is this an actual key you can just like take? cause if it is then she should be strong enough to take it

hey wonder woman and the green lanterns were around before Death Of Superman right? why doesnt he just scale to their moon level feat? it seems weird for him to be weaker than wonder woman and Green Lanterns.
1. uhhhh by blasting the entirety of her surroundings, any of her range attacks are larger than WW's tiny bracelets

2. Is the stamina issue from Limit Break removed from this fight?

3. yes but she's going to have trouble not only doing that due to her AP disadvantage, but she also doesn't know she needs to do that
and even if she does aquarius dress is still an option for Lucy to use

1. uhhhh by blasting the entirety of her surroundings, any of her range attacks are larger than WW's tiny bracelets
The bracelets can form a barrier.
2. Is the stamina issue from Limit Break removed from this fight?
Why would it?
3. yes but she's going to have trouble not only doing that due to her AP disadvantage, but she also doesn't know she needs to do that
and even if she does aquarius dress is still an option for Lucy to use
AP disadvantage would not stop her at all. She’s more skilled in combat to any type od attack gets dodgedor blocked. And so much stronger in lifting strength that Lucy gets ragdolled with zero effort she could not keep a grip on the key if wonder woman decides to take one. The other two things are valid, but shes going to pull some major moves if she only has less than a minute to win this fight.

The bracelets can form a barrier.

Why would it?

AP disadvantage would not stop her at all. She’s more skilled in combat to any type od attack gets dodgedor blocked. And so much stronger in lifting strength that Lucy gets ragdolled with zero effort she could not keep a grip on the key if wonder woman decides to take one. The other two things are valid, but shes going to pull some major moves if she only has less than a minute to win this fight.
1. ah ok that's fair, but the AP advantage still exists

2. Sometimes the OPs restrict it

3. It kinda would since amny of her Star Dresses and all of her Mixes have pretty significant AOE/danmaku (with Sagitarius specifically), which Lucy spams in character. Martial arts doesn't really matter when you're getting blasted from dozens of meters away. However, I do agree that WW's lifting strength and martial arts will be a problem if Lucy goes for any of her melee attacks, but that would really only work once before Lucy resorts exclusively to AOE
It's kinda like pokemon. Certain spirits work against certain characters. Once Lucy realizes that half her arsenal doesn't do jack shit, she'll start using the other half that actually does do jack shit.

plus Gemini exists

I do agree tho that WW has a LOT of wincons, plus the stamina thing from Limit Break is significant as well, so I'll hold off on my vote for now

1. ah ok that's fair, but the AP advantage still exists

2. Sometimes the OPs restrict it

3. It kinda would since amny of her Star Dresses and all of her Mixes have pretty significant AOE/danmaku (with Sagitarius specifically), which Lucy spams in character. Martial arts doesn't really matter when you're getting blasted from dozens of meters away. However, I do agree that WW's lifting strength and martial arts will be a problem if Lucy goes for any of her melee attacks, but that would really only work once before Lucy resorts exclusively to AOE
It's kinda like pokemon. Certain spirits work against certain characters. Once Lucy realizes that half her arsenal doesn't do jack shit, she'll start using the other half that actually does do jack shit.

plus Gemini exists

I do agree tho that WW has a LOT of wincons, plus the stamina thing from Limit Break is significant as well, so I'll hold off on my vote for now
According to the OP they start with knowledge of each others capabilities and 3 ft apart. The only way Lucy doesn't get immediately disarmed, grabbed and pinned until she surrenders is Horologium's emergency teleport.

According to the OP they start with knowledge of each others capabilities and 3 ft apart. The only way Lucy doesn't get immediately disarmed, grabbed and pinned until she surrenders is Horologium's emergency teleport.
Even then we should factoring the skills, i'm sure WW has the advantage here
And having prior knowledge mean WW also know the teleportation, as i remember WW fought many of the opponents who has teleport, could be wrong so i need a correction @Knifeman29

Yes she had experience with teleporters. She also can fight while blind folded

Black Panther Slams in skill though

Lucy's 5-A key lasts about like a minute at most... And she didn't even do much with it

Back