• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lucifero's Demon vs Ashen Demon — Dante vs Byleth

Devils can't be defeated by Arcane mages tbf. Onyl Julius and Yami and Dark Tier are said to be able to defeat Devils so that jsut proves thst Dante will be even harder to put down

AstralKing7 said:
Devils can't be defeated by Arcane mages tbf. Onyl Julius and Yami and Dark Tier are said to be able to defeat Devils so that jsut proves thst Dante will be even harder to put down
What are you talking about? Lolopechika specifically defined Arcane Stage magic as magic so eccentric and unnatural it can defeat devils. And Yami and Julius were only mentioned because she was giving examples of other people who are Arcane Stage. Asta was also stated to be Arcane Stage, and that makes sense: he defeated a devil.

Also, Dark Tier and Arcane Stage are literally the same thing. Dark Tier is just the name that was given to Arcane Stage before the official translations came out.

And with all that being said, Dante himself is technically not a devil, only Lucifero is the devil. Dante is merely "possessed" by Lucifero, although Dante is still clearly in control. So it's not as simple as simply being Arcane Stage. In fact, anyone is capable of hurting Dante significantly. Case in point, Asta, who is also possessed by a devil, can be hurt by people who are not Arcane Stage. None of this changes the fact that Dante still has a pretty clear advantage in this match-up, since Dante has AOE ranged attacks, Presence of the Demon King, while Byleth does not. This might ultimately be the deciding factor.

if byleth can resist gravity , then she/he takes this , plus byleth should have divine pulse to help out , so im going with byleth here .

Dante flies, giving him the most amount of room to deal with, pins Byleth to the ground with Gravity, then wails on Byleth until they die.

Really not much Byleth can do to bypass that.

Dante? He starts with Presence of the Demon King, like he did against Yami.

@Milly, it depends. Does byleth have a win con? If not, then stomp

SpookyShadow said:
Is that what he even did in character? I recall he likes H2H
No, he actually does NOT like H2H, not unless it is an opponent of equal strength to him, if not stronger, and he made this clear during chapter 244 when he said "I hate having to use my fists, especially on someone like this worm."

He always starts the battle using Presence of the Demon King. When he found the Black Bulls' base, the very first spelled he used is Presence of the Demon King. Then Asta interrupted him, and he used the spell again to knock out Asta. He used this spell continuously to teleport around, throw rocks at the Bulls, and change the trajectories of attacks. Asta and Gauche used Mirror Meteorite, which was responded to with 50% Devil-Power Presence of the Demon King. It was only after he had gone 60% that he decided to use Evil God's Pressure Craft to attempt to kill Gauche, and he did not even go H2H with this spell, he used the sword as a projectile. Once Asta went Berserk, Dante continued to use Presence of the Demon King until he was scratched. It was ONLY THEN that he went H2H by using Heavy Infighting, and the only reason he did this is because he understood this was the only way to knock out Asta, since Asta passively was undoing the AOE of the spell, and was capable of predicting trajectories and countering projectiles.

When Yami joined the fray, the very first spell he used on Yami was Presence of the Demon King. It was only aftery Yami proved invincible against the projectiles and resistant to the AOE that he went H2H. In other words, Dante only goes H2H when the other spells two spells are not useful against the opponent.

I'm looking at Byleth's profile, but it does not seem as though he/she have any projectiles or ranged weapons. So, assuming Byleth could somehow resist the gravity - there is no evidence that they could, since they have no magic that enables them to do this - Byleth still would not be able to hit Dante, unless he/she had some significant precognition or analytical prediction skills.

Lack of ability to deal with an effectively instantaneous AOE gravity spell, and the lack of range and ability to hit Dante consistently, this sounds to me like Dante wins. In fact, this may be a stomp, since I do not think Byleth has a winning condition here. Divine Pulse isn't going to do anything to help Byleth dodge the spell, as far as I know.

Oka, so it doesn't look like Byleth has a winning condition. It's as stomp unless someone else can argue otherwise, a stomp in Dante's favor.

Back