• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lucifero's Demon vs Ashen Demon — Dante vs Byleth

Scales above Pre-Timeskip cast of 1.16 teratons, and superior to Post-Timeskip Yuno, who was superior to a 40% member of the Dark Triad. So basically: Pre-Timeskip Cast<<<<Gaderois (40%)<<<<Yuno<<<<<<Dante.

I think Byleth actually has an AP advantage with 5.8 teratons, so I guess I'll vote for Byleth, Divine Pulse also helps out a little here if anything goes wrong.

That's tricky to say the least, Dante has an initial disadvantage in terms of AP due the scaling would probably let him a bit bellow 3 teratons, while 50% is going to be still a few points bellow and 60% is probably going to be higher in terms of AP, but at that point, Byleth's Combat Arts are going to increase his damage imput and his Crest of Flames is going to recover him health, that thing shouldn't be a problem.

Not voting yet. I want to ask about the nature of demons in Black Clover.

Thatsafloridathing said:
I think Byleth actually has an AP advantage with 5.8 teratons, so I guess I'll vote for Byleth, Divine Pulse also helps out a little here if anything goes wrong.
Er... why is your sole AP your reason for voting Byleth? Dante can easily compensate for that.

PuasLuisZX said:
That's tricky to say the least, Dante has an initial disadvantage in terms of AP due the scaling would probably let him a bit bellow 3 teratons, while 50% is going to be still a few points bellow and 60% is probably going to be higher in terms of AP, but at that point, Byleth's Combat Arts are going to increase his damage imput and his Crest of Flames is going to recover him health, that thing shouldn't be a problem.
Not voting yet. I want to ask about the nature of demons in Black Clover.
What about them? Also, are those magic based? Because Dante's aura can nullify magic.

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
Thatsafloridathing said:
Er... why is your sole AP your reason for voting Byleth? Dante can easily compensate for that.
I agree with Milly, AP alone is going to be tricky and with 60% you can make arguments about him being on par.

Also, how is the nature of demons are in Black Clover, are they any different from the regular depiction of demons?

@Milly You see, Combat Arts are from weapons such as his sword, lances axes or bows to say an examples. The Sublime Sword of the Creator for example has Wrath Strike, which boost swords damage. Also, Byleth's Crest of Flame is not going to be nulled or Divine Pulse due being a part of Sothis.

Because Divine Pulse is a consistent Low 2-C hax that was granted by a goddess no one could interact, due Sothis being both connected to Byleth into her soul and is also an entity in her own. And the Crest of Flames healing effect is part of her body that doesn't involve magic at all.

Byleth doesn't have that many options if Dante ends up having an AP advantage with his buffs, Divine Pulse will eventually run out and using magic might be a good option if Dante doesn't have any ranged moves of his own but that's all I can think of here. I wouldn't count too much on the Crest of Flames either, it just doesn't trigger often enough to be that reliable to me. If they end up having roughly equal AP it might be inconclusive.

Dante can use gravity magic to create a sword of rock that he can then launch at enemies with telekinesis and he can null magic anyway. He could also use Gavity to just pin Byleth to the ground limiting her mobility.

Yes, Dante can force Byleth to the ground via Presence of the Demon King, and pummel her with Heavy Infighting, which increases the speed and strength of his attacks even further, impale her with multiple swords/trees, etc.

This battle is mostly regarding if Byleth could deal with Gravity magic and she has a lot of tries. That's going to be interesting to debate, since Byleth has the control of the timing advantage while Dante has a range and mobility advantage.

Fun stuffs always happens when I'm sleeping lol

So far, Dante started with Presence of the Demon King which is thought based and gets his passive Gravity Forcefield when he reaches 60%. If Byleth can't kill him before that, imma vote Dante.

Good matchup nonetheless, hopefully more Black Clover × Fire Emblem in the future since they share 2 tiers

First of all let's discuss about Presence of the Demon King against Divine Pulse. Presence of the Demon King is a good way to stop Byleth from getting close. However, due Divine Pulse, Byleth could just try to increase his AP and damage imput to strike Dante before he starts to counterattack with 50% or 60%. This is also very likely due with Divine Pulse will gain knowledge about Dante before the battle technically starts and will figure out that she must end the battle as soon as she can due problems, also Byleth and Fire Emblem characters can still dodge and counterattack if able. So, Dante will need being at 60% to finally get a more clear victory, which is something Byleth could avoid, if she can counter his Passive Forcefield and Range advantage.

Forcefield manipulation isn't something new in Fire Emblem, Three Houses gives of two scenes about Byleth dealing against the move in question in which the first one he sucess due having higher AP, but failing to save his father in her 7-B key against Thales who was way stronger at the moment (7-A to Low 6-B). In conclusion, Byleth would need higher AP to break the forcefield which he has at x3.22 in base. And about distance, Byleth could just cut to the skys and be way closer as a result, something that is used on really extreme situations.

So yeah, I'm convinced Byleth will secure one victory in one of her 12 attemps due her higher ways to counter distance, higher AP at base, and gainning knowledge of her opponent and Divine Pulse.

First off you need to realize Dante will definitely start of by flying and using Presence of the Demon King, effectively keeping her at a range. He can sense strength, so the moment he senses the AP gap he's instantly going 60%.

Cutting to the skies? Having knowledge on him won't really help too much, as she can't really deal with Presence of the Demon King as it pins her down, and his mobility is further expanded by his teleportation. Throwing stuff at her while she's pinned isn't out of character too.

Keep in mind that I never said that Presence of the Demon King will not be dangerous, and about his mobility, portal manipulation is cutting to the skies so Byleth could actually escape even in that scenario and is not only to escape from dimensions and throwing stuff at her can still be dealed due Fire Emblem characters can still dodge and counterattack even in gravity effect. And flight... nothing that any Fire Emblem character hasn't dealt before and even being able to hit back in way many scenarios. So she could still put him in check due ways to counterattack against characters with higher mobility and range than her. Especially due the high meters some of the strongest attack she can land to her opponent.

Actually, seeing the huge gap in lifting strength, shouldn't Byleth be immediately crushed as soon as she gets hit by his gravity?

Also, how is the nature of demons are in Black Clover, are they any different from the regular depiction of demons?

Full-Power Devils in Black Clover can only be finished off with what is known as Arcane Stage Magic: this is, magic that can fundamentally change the laws of nature, and/or is derived from the Underworld. Dante himself is not a Devil, though, he is just possessed by one, and as such, can access the powers of that Devil. Ultimately, because Dante is such a recent character in Black Clover, it is not at all clear how being devil-possessed makes you different from being a full-powered devil itself, and it is not at all clear if Dante can only be damaged by arcane magic, or what. There is no evidence suggesting regular weapons and magic cannot harm or kill Dante. After all, we know Asta, our precious protagonist, is also devil-possessed, and he has been significantly damaged in the past by very obviously ordinary magic.

Byleth will most definitely get crushed by Presence of the Demon King, it being an instantaneous spell with gravity acting ASAP. Byleth does not have the lifting strength to withstand it, and unless Byleth has Aura Manipulation, Forcefield Manipulation, or outright Power Nullification - according to the profile, he/she has none of those - there is nothing Byleth can do about it. There is no "outsmarting" Dante in this situation, because the spell manifests itself as a huge AOE that stays active until Dante runs out of mana - which is extremely implausible - or until Dante decides to discontinue the spell, and the spell activates instantly too.

Byleth's only real option is to use Divine Pulse as soon as he/she gets hit by Presence of the Demon King, and then take advantage of this to try to be out-of-range for Dante. The problem is, we don't know what "out of range" for Dante really means, his range for this spell is unknown. And unless he/she can get out of his range nigh-immediately, he/she will just get immediately by the spell again.

Note: I'm not voting for Dante yet. I want to hear some coherent counter-arguments to see if Byleth really can plausibly solve the problems mentioned above without giving up winning conditions. If there are not any after hearing those arguments, then I will give my vote.

Back