• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lucario vs Gallade

They are supposedly rivals, so consider them very serious.

TBH, IDK who is stronger or fast here, so i will consider them equal for now.

Lucario is a very good mon, its STABs are very powerfull in the forms of Close Combat/High Jump Kick and Meteor Mash, being the most powerfull STAB of each type for him, he also other coverage, but i think that it is not relevant for here. While both Fighting types moves are good, they have some downsides, CC will lower Lucarios' defenses and HJK will badly hurt him if he miss the attack. There is also alot of other good moves to be used in CQC, like Bone Rush, Cross Chop and Sky Uppercut for other safer options, with Blaze Kick as an nice coverage, he also has Crunch and Bite, that are good moves against him, however, i think that they will not be so useful in this cenario, since Gallade's attack will be amp if Dark Attacks hit him, Lucario also has Buller Punch, Vacuum Wave, Quick Attack, Feint and Extreme Speed as an form of good Increase Priority.

In the Long range, Lucario also has alot of good options, such as STAB Aura Sphere and Flash Cannon, a nice coverage in Dragon Pulse and Dark Pulse, however, the latter still will activate its ability and a Super Effective move in the form of Shadow Ball, wich has no downside and is pretty spammable.

Lucario also has alot of good Stat Boosts in the form of Swords Dance, Calm Mind, Nasty Plot, Work Up and Power-Up Punch to boost his Attack or Special Attack, with Work Up boosting the two and Calm Mind amping his Special Defense, Agility to amp his speed and Iron Defense for the Defense. In the Status Effect, Lucario has Force Palm, wich can Paralyze Gallade, but it is not always.

Laser Focus and Focus Energy also give a nice Critical hit ratio for Lucario, with its IQ Skill, it Skyrockets even more

Other non damaging moves are his Heal Pulse, wich can heal him, Quick Guard to stop Priority, a good form of Precog with Detect. and Screech and Metal Sound to lower Gallade's, wich lower its Defense and Special Defense respectively. There is also Counter to reflect some big damage. Last but not least, Lucario has Me First and Copycat to copy one of Gallade's move that he will use. The IQ Skills offer some good buffs, while lowering some stats that may hurt Lucario, but Nonsleeper is the best here, since Lucario will be immune to sleep.

Lucario also has passive recovery with Leftovers, and he can cures confusion with Persim Berry

However, all of Lucario's Fighting moves are resisted by Gallade, so it is not a good idea to use most of them

Now Gallade. Gallade is different in the STABs physical moves from Lucario, while Lucario has alot of option in the Fighting moves and has a powerfull Steel STAB, Gallade only has CC as an Fighting type STAB and his best Psychic STAB is Psycho Cut. However CC is a strong move and Psycho Cut can be used as an ranged attack, so he is no that bad. For other moves to be used as coverage, he has Slash, Leaf Blade, Night Slash, Fury Cutter and Aerial Ace, wich all of them are bad on this scenario, with Aerial Ace having a nice ability here. The reason for they being bad is that all of them are resisted by Lucario and Night Slash will activate Lucario's ability and boost its attack, with Aerial Ace being the only good one because it gives you temporaly Flight.

In the Long range aspect, Gallade is alright, with Confusion, Stored Power, Synchronoise, Psychic and some kinda bad Fairy Moves and Magical Leaf, with Future Sight giving Gallade a good precog. In priority he has Shadow Sneak, it is fine at best and Feint, who can pass Detect, which is nice. In the Status amps, he is also kinda bad in comparation to Lucario, with only Swords Dance to boost himself, and Double Team to give Lucario some trouble.

His ability is also nice here, leaving Lucario with only Shadow Ball to use as a constant good attack, otherwise, he will boost Gallade's attack

However, what he lacks in Versatiliy and power, he has on support moves, Teleport and Ally Switch to evade some moves, and with the latter being able to redirect some damage to Lucario, he has Hypnosis, but with Nonsleeper, this is useless, however, Gallade also has Confuse Ray, wich can be used after Lucario has eated the Persim Berry, and Will-o-Wisp, cutting in half Lucario's attack in this scenario might not be the best, but it will cancel the passive recovery of leftovers here. Disable and Encore to make this battle harder by restricting some move or locking Lucario in a Stat Amp move. Gallade also has Growl and Charm to lower Lucario's attack, Leer for its Defenses and Icy Wind to lower its speed. Gallade also has Protect, wich limit Lucario alot, with Quick Guard limiting even more, since it can stop alot of problematic moves off Lucario, like Extreme Speed, with Lucky Chant to just cancel Critical moves for five turns. He also can force an tie with Destiny Bond

However, one of the best moves he can get here is Imprison, Imprison makes the enemy not being able to use moves that Gallade knows, and this moves are: Heal Pulse, CC, Feint, Swords Dance and Quick Guard. And this hurts Lucario a bit, with no option to heal outside of Leftovers, wich will be countered with Will-o-Wisp, one of his best Fighting Moves is out, no SD and he can't bypass Protect, as a bonus, this is not turn based, and it will last till the battle ends!

His IQ Skill are nice, curing it from Paralysis with Self-Curer, and having two Skills that boost its Critical hits, with Psycho Cut having a high Critical hit ratio, he will problaby be having alot of Critical hits with it

IMO, Gallade should take this with High-Diff, while he don't have alot of versatility in power, what he has is enough to give Lucario some trouble, his non damaging moves will give Lucario alot of trouble, and his IQ Skill + Psycho Cut give him a high chance of critical hits here

Dark types arent super effective against Gallade. Gallade is psychic/fighting.

Gallade: 1

Besides, Gallade possesses Justified, so using those attacks against him is a bad idea anyway.

Yeah, yeah. I was just pointing that out. That Dark types wont be a factor in here. Shadow ball can be useful, though, as well as shadow claw.

Drite77 said:
TMs are not avaible for the Pokemon Profiles, neither Tutor Moves
It's Meteor Mash not Smash. You forgot that Blaze Kick can burn. Heal Pulse can't affect the user, so if they use it they are only going to be healing each other.

Did i put Smash? Frick, fixing it. Blaze Kick is nice, but i remember it, yes, i just forgot to put it there, but it not change my opinion, since it is only 10% chance of burning, and Heal Pulse was shown to heal the user in the anime

Yeah Gallade probably takes it FRA. The typing and justified give Gallade a big advantage right off the bat, both have forms of precog so that cancels out somewhat and Gallade also has a bit of advantage when it comes to moves with stuff like teleport, imprison and I think it has will o wisp too?

Yep, a Gen 4 egg move, while i think that this Lucario will be more on the Special side, the burn will cancel the passive regen

Back