• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lucario (Pokémon 7) vs WarGreymon X

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
This oughtta be mighty close. They're 2-C for basically the same reasons.

Two incredibly noble and respectful monsters who have no business fighting things way out of their league face off.

Because I think they'd make great friends and teammates, this is not to the death. Hiori and Tai are watching and cheering from the sidelines, but won't interfere. Winner by ko or forfeit. Takes place in Springfield (from the Simpsons) while it's covered by the dome, but the dome has become more durable by two degree of infinity ovo.

Power Null restricted, to make this a pretty much haxless fight (pretty much instead of completely, as Brave Tornado is still on the table for WarGreymon, and statuses + Detect is still on the table for Lucario)

Nothing is equalized! Yay!

Finally, let's...not pull a...Cal...on this thread. I really find this match to be very interesting and I really was excited to make this match, so the last thing I want it to be is ruined. If I do comment, it'll be minimally.

Renamon-killer Metal dog fighter: 2

Charizard-killer Metal dragon warrior: 2

200px-Hiori Lucario
Good luck to you too, my draconic metal friend. May the almighty llama bless you in this battle.

WarGreymon X 285 (DCo)
May the best man win, small jackal. I can sense your power. My friend, may Yggdrasil's light shine upon you today, so we may have a good fight for the ages!

Im going with Lucario 7 here.

While not much, he still has more better hax than this WarGreymon such as precog, power absorbtion and Attack Reflection.

Power nullification? Elaborate please. I don't remember that one (I'm not doubting its legitimacy. Don't get me wrong)

The profile doesn't say anything specific. But...

Here are Base WarGreymon's listed abilities:

Flight and Levitation, Atmospheric Energy Manipulation, Fire Manipulation, Can conjure up an aura around himself to tackle enemies, can combine with Metalgarurumon to become Omnimon, Power Nullification, Resistance to Fire Manipulation, Power Nullification and Absolute Zero (Has fought the likes of MetalGarurumon and is its equal and thus should be able to take his Cocytus Breath)

If I'm not mistaken Digimon do keep all the abilities/techniques of their previous form when they evolve.

Oooh. He got it from the card stuff...

Is special abilities stuff like aura hax, or stuff like Bone Rush?

Regardless, should probably restrict that one...

However, Brave Tornado is fully on the table.

Anywho, WarGreymon X doesn't really do so in character right away. However, despite precog, WarGreymon should have this. Why?

-Brave Tornado is bypassing that Physical Defense stat.

-A little more versatility. Poseidon Force is a really good AoE move. Acceleration Boost doubles his attack power for his next attack. Most of his attacks are supereffective against Lucario (Fire). Not to mention Missiles and Gaia Force ZERO.

-Those claws on its arms are not just for attack. It is a "fusion" of his Dramon Killers and his Brave Shield. Meaning, WarGreymon is the king on defense here. Those homing balls of doom aren't getting past the new and approved Dramon Killers as they can easily deflect attacks on his level.

So I give it to WarGreymon X 8/10.

Tbf, explosions and other military weapons inspired move sans the obvious Flamethrower have been shown to be like, every type but Fire lol (Egg Bomb, Seed Bomb, Magnet Bomb, Mud Bomb, Sludge Bomb, Octazooka, and Bullet Seed), aura defenses and having a Sp. Defense stat should make Brave Tornado not a OHK, and Lucario's rage boosts + aura-based reactive evolution should counter WGM's stat amp. But vote(s) counted, as they're still completely legitimate (heck, even with what I said above, it's subjective). Gaia Force Zero really is a big factor, and I really appreciate that emphasis on the defensive edges WGM has.

But to be fair, going by Digimon elements, the missiles are apparently Fire based.

Special Defense is the equivalent to Intelligence i.e Magical defenses so, it doesn't help much and can vary much be an OHKO.

Can I just say how the Intelligence stat is equal to the Gen I Special stat, and how insulting it is to your Digimon. Especally when it is a requirement for Digivolution. "DoruGreymon you are too dumb to become Alphamon!!!!"

But yeah. We gotta be a little bit careful not to push too far into game mechanics. But this stat talk has given me a good idea.

Anywho, lets not forget not only does he have Acceleration Boost but attack charge which can stack 5 times to give him a temporary 50% boost to his AP for a decently long period of time.

Also, even if Dramon Killers somehow fail, WGM can still create a wall of fire to protect himself.

Again, vote counted. Because, well...you gave a legitimate vote ovo.

Though I'm curious, how would Toxic play into this.

And to answer both of your likely rhetorical questions, yes, I do find it weird that WGM has the power null of all Digimon (though mascot status helps...) and yes, I do find it insulting that Digivolution basically says you're gonna be smart enough for our standards, or you're gonna remain fodder ovo.

And to give you one, isn't it stupidly coincidential that both of the most renowned monsters of their franchise have the same tier (...kinda) for basically the same reasons?

Would you like me to explain further on P7 Lucario's abilities that aren't its attacks? Or are you good?

@Drwgon Intelligence is usually mag att. Spirit is the equivalent of mag defense (normally)

PaChi2 said:
@Drwgon Intelligence is usually mag att. Spirit is the equivalent of mag defense (normally)
Tell Cyber Sleuth that. ovo

Even then, Intellect is still a stat that is needed to digivolve into certain Digimon. OvO

Toxic is only a threat if it hits skin. WarGreymon's Chrome Digizoid Armor will count a "Steel" here. But it would weaken WGM since he lack any recovery items. And Tai is not aiding in this fight. So he would have to be careful.

Nah, I think I got Lucacio's moves down.

To answer you question. I love the coincidence. And it is very ironic. lol

Ironically both of these guys won their DEATH BATTLES against someone from the opposing franchise. ovo

Ah, bet. I see (Right. That's armor rather than part of its body. If it were, I'd argue it wouldn't translate like that, but...yeah)

I'm glad I made this match (and even more glad it's going smoothly)

I made this fight to be that way on purpose: to be fun, fair, and not brutal.

DeathBattle be damned ovo.

Back