• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(LR1M3) 8-B Shooters Tournament: Whisper the Wolf VS Izetta

Psychomaster35

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
Hub

Previously, we have had 16 shooters sign up and fight for their lives, and 8 unfortunately fell. However, by the authorities of this killing game, they have given these 8 fallen characters a second chance, and any losses after their second chance means they are dead for good. We begin the first loser’s match as the Guardian Angel, Whisper the Wolf (nominated by @Maverick_Zero_X), fights the White Witch, Izetta (nominated by @GoldenScorpions)!

Neo Metal Sonic Saga Whisper and Izetta with half of the magic stone are used. Rules stated in the tournament hub.

Who wins?

Whisper the Wolf: 5 (Maverick Zero X, ShakeResounding, LaserPrecision, GlaceonGamez471, Gabs22 Gamer)

Izetta: 9 (AnimeHolic94, Adem Warlock69, RandomGuy2345, sanicspood, Veloxt1r0kore, GoldenScorpions, Popted2, FantaRin The First, Psychomaster35)

Inconclusive:

Last edited:
Looks like Whisper is nearly five times stronger. Don’t know anything about Izetta so I’ll wait a bit before voting.

Well, for reference, here’s a message from her last match which talks about what she leads with during her fights

Of course, it’s pretty clear that Whisper’s higher LS means that Izetta‘s telekinesis would be unable to overpower Whisper.

A few questions

What's Whisper's fighting style, how does she approach combat, and what's in-character for her?
From what I'm getting, Whisper's wispon can hold 1 wisp at a time, so she accesses her weapon's other abilities by replacing the wisp?
Also, can Whisper's attacks be considered magic of sorts?

Her fighting style is shooting at the enemy with a laser wisp from far away. She's a sniper.

The Wispon's abilities are based on the properties of an actual Wisp (As well as the Wispons from the games more obviously). It uses their energy and attributes to utilize it for different types of attacks. Whisper can switch said Wisps what seems like instantly, going from shooting a laser, to explosions. As far as I'm aware, it never takes a notable amount of time. This is because the Wisps that power the weapon are sentient aliens that get along with her, and thus allow her to use any of their powers when she needs it.

I wouldn't say her weapons are magic. The Wispon doesn't really seem magical in its use of the Wisps power. Such as allowing her to shoot lasers, create explosions, generate a hammer of energy, etc. I'd say it's just energy.

Whisper’s higher LS means that Izetta‘s telekinesis would be unable to overpower Whisper
I'm asking this mainly to understand, beyond the scope of the match, because it's something I've always been confused by.

On here, Telekinetic LS can be compared to physical LS when comparing one value to another to decide the effect of a confrontation? Maybe my way of thinking's at odds with how it works on the site, but I always believed it to be hard to resist a non-physical ability that can pull/push/lift you or take away your stuff. Because I wouldn't be trying to, say, push you with my own two hands, but with basically a magical force or psychic ability of sorts which, from a power standpoint, is fundamentally different from your own physical strength... no? What's the logic being used with stuff like this? Genuinely intrigued by this. I'd appreciate maybe an example, if possible.

More relevant to the fight, how many "hundreds of meters" do Whisper's ranged attacks can reach, on average?

Izetta's attacks (beams, shots or crystals) reach, bare minimum, 1 kilometer

More relevant to the fight, how many "hundreds of meters" do Whisper's ranged attacks can reach, on average?

I don't think it has ever been directly stated on the exact range of Whisper's rifle in the Sonic IDW comics yet, so... Best to assume that it is probably equal to that of the range a typical sniper rifle or something, so about a thousand meters or a bit less than that. I think.

There are not exactly any calculations out regarding exactly how far her shots can go, and any shots we've seen her take so far haven't be too far (Nothing that looked like a Kilometer), but given how her shows can ricochet off her crystals, I'd say it's possible.

Since she's a sniper, I figure a Kilometer or so of range seems reasonable.

Though that's not really important given the tournament rules dictate each match starts the two fighters 20 meters apart. So it's not like their range is going to be utilized to max efficiency.

Not sure on the specifics, but “Hundreds of meters” is listed as the average firing range for firearms, with Whisper having a sniper rifle.

Regardless I don’t think who has superior range matters much unless it’s in-character for Izetta to retreat a kilometer away to spam ranged attacks.

Seeing Izetta’s tactics I think Whisper is just fully equipped to counter her. Izetta going airborne isn’t much of an advantage against someone with a sniper rifle (in fact, she’d be disadvantaging herself) that can cause gigantic AoE explosions, Whisper’s superior LS prevents Izetta from yoinking her weapon with TK or telekinetically overpowering her, and her forcefields get broken by Whisper’s hefty AP advantage (4.8x, a nearly 5x difference).

I’ll vote Whisper via

And with me also voting Whisper FRA, that is grace.

Izetta has been gunned down from this land.

Woah, okay, the hell?
I'll use the grace to bring up some points, because assumptions were made about Izetta that weren't true.

unless it’s in-character for Izetta to retreat a kilometer away to spam ranged attacks

For most of the series, Izetta quite literally does that. She flies atop her rifle in the sky, and shoots down vehicles or ships from far away either with amped gunshots or TK'ed aerial bombs. And that was without the Magic Stone.
The entirety of Izetta's last fight (with the Magic Stone) against another witch is them spamming long-ranged attacks at each other for hours.
So yes, it's very much in-character for Izetta to fly off to spam ranged attacks

Seeing Izetta’s tactics

That's one part of said tactics or usual fighting style.
There's also this and this. What's stopping Izetta from attack-rushing the very beginning of the fight? Between rifle shots, crystals explosions, magic beams, all the flying weapons around, and the aerial bombs, that's a lot to deal with. Izetta can also both attack and defend at the same time, has no reason not to keep her forcefield active at all times, and can use all her offensive options at once, while Whisper is limited to one at a time.

Beyond that this explosion doesn't look that gigantic to begin with, what makes you say Izetta wouldn't be able to do anything about it? Izetta's simple crystal blasts can reach about 200 meters in diameter, which is plenty damn wide.
Izetta also doesn't solely rely on her forcefield, and has shown, time and time again, the ability to dodge bullet fire from multiple sources with her mastery of aerial movement. She's basically fought for a large chunk of WW2 and has plenty of experience dealing with attacks, including those coming from cannons and turrets of warships, which also cause wide AoE explosions, something Izetta has faced countless time before and can respond accordingly with her own AoE. Whisper's attacks, while strong, all come from a singular source.
Izetta won't sit there and wait for Whisper to gun her down obviously. What do you take her for? She's more than well-experienced and well-equipped to make it hell for Whisper to hit her.

For most of the series, Izetta quite literally does that. She flies atop her rifle in the sky, and shoots down vehicles or ships from far away either with amped gunshots or TK'ed aerial bombs. And that was without the Magic Stone.
The entirety of Izetta's last fight (with the Magic Stone) against another witch is them spamming long-ranged attacks at each other for hours.
So yes, it's very much in-character for Izetta to fly off to spam ranged attacks
In this case Whisper can simply pursue and snipe her. Even when reduced to Supersonic+ speed for the sake of speed equalization it’d only take Whisper a second to cross a kilometer.

Izetta ain’t winning this via range spamming.

That's one part of said tactics or usual fighting style.
There's also this and this. What's stopping Izetta from attack-rushing the very beginning of the fight? Between rifle shots, crystals explosions, magic beams, all the flying weapons around, and the aerial bombs, that's a lot to deal with. Izetta can also both attack and defend at the same time, has no reason not to keep her forcefield active at all times, and can use all her offensive options at once, while Whisper is limited to one at a time.
As I said Whisper’s higher AP breaks through her defenses. Whisper also isn’t a stranger to evasion, she participated in a 6-month global war without being spotted, much less tagged, so she has experience dealing with literal war zones.

She also went through the entire Zombot outbreak, a several-day period where large populations of her world was turned into infectious zombots that could turn her into a mindless robot with the slightest touch, without getting tagged.

Izetta also doesn't solely rely on her forcefield, and has shown, time and time again, the ability to dodge bullet fire from multiple sources with her mastery of aerial movement. She's basically fought for a large chunk of WW2 and has plenty of experience dealing with attacks, including those coming from cannons and turrets of warships, which also cause wide AoE explosions, something Izetta has faced countless time before and can respond accordingly with her own AoE. Whisper's attacks, while strong, all come from a singular source.
Izetta won't sit there and wait for Whisper to gun her down obviously. What do you take her for? She's more than well-experienced and well-equipped to make it hell for Whisper to hit her.
If Izetta ever becomes difficult to tag in a simple gun fight Whisper can perform trick shots with Cyan Laser by reflecting it off other objects in the vicinity and then into Izetta:
IMG_4254.webp

Whisper is also also able to control the trajectory of her lasers with prisms, causing them ricochet between each and create an offensive laser grid, making her shots more difficult to evade.

7mGvoNNUePL6Yk1PgYwywQLdNrr9pSpy34WxmmfbBP6jZBtm951HAqzTVYeLbJcXECJIeuKUkhSWdp2VoxJtnJij4zs-VPIWSOKUOqsWIuHIDdWocmdPSSQTvGv2XE2FJK6J6L67uA=s0

for the sake of speed equalization it’d only take Whisper a second to cross a kilometer
Exactly because of the speed equalization would it also take just as little time for Izetta to react to such shots. Izetta has plenty enough experience with gunners as it is. She's also fought homing attacks and reacted to them
Whisper also isn’t a stranger to evasion
Neither is Izetta. Even before the Magic Stone was even a thing (aka before she had a forcefield at her disposal), she never got hit by any of the armies she was fighting.

so she has experience dealing with literal war zones
Okay, and so does Izetta. They both experience in that field. You claim that's a plus for Whisper, when in fact it's an equalizer.

She also went through the entire Zombot outbreak, a several-day period where large populations of her world was turned into infectious zombots that could turn her into a mindless robot with the slightest touch, without getting tagged
And Izetta fought in a war over months, in which she was never hit by any attack, even before the forcefield was a thing.

Whisper can perform trick shots with Cyan Laser by reflecting it off other objects in the vicinity and then into Izetta
Whisper is also also able to control the trajectory of her lasers with prisms, causing them ricochet between each and create an offensive laser grid
Those are assuming Izetta cannot interfere with the prisms or the Wisps trying to place them, which there's no reason she cannot. Izetta has the arsenal to do so, and as said before, she can multitask perfectly fine.

On top of that, the terrain itself is Izetta's weapon. Even if she can't TK Whipser's weapon, she can TK anything in the environment and empower it to be used as a weapon, making her arsenal potentially infinite. Hell, she could uproot any buildings around her or the forest itself and turn them into weapons.
She can also manipulate said area into what she wishes by spraying droplets of blood, which adds to the chaos Izetta can cause. And again, there's the initial attack-rush the moment the fight starts which Whisper needs to somehow deal with. Izetta's crystals can be detonated at any time; they don't need to hit a surface to explode, which means she has total control of what to do, especially at the start. Those explosions have calced diameters that reach close to 200 meters, while Whisper's "large AoE attacks" don't seem that large from the provided images.
Finally, those crystals, as well as her gunshots, can be used as homing attacks, and Izetta has experience reacting and dodging homing attacks herself. I understand homing =/= the ricocheting of Whisper, but what I'm getting at is that Izetta is experienced at facing attacks that come from unexpected angles or directions.

Last edited:
Those are assuming Izetta cannot interfere with the prisms or the Wisps trying to place them, which there's no reason she cannot. Izetta has the arsenal to do so, and as said before, she can multitask perfectly fine.
Except said Wisps don't take long to set those shots up. They scale to Whisper's speed and are able to set them up incredibly quickly to assure her laser shots hits their mark. Basically, they line up her shot for her. Meaning hitting Izetta should be quite easy. Although she doesn't really need to use the Wisps to do this. She's shown to just throw a handful of them herself and then shoot the crystals which lined up a shot and hit her targets.
And again, there's the initial attack-rush the moment the fight starts which Whisper needs to somehow deal with.
Which she can counter by similarly unleashing fire on her. I don't see why this is much of a problem. Especially since Whisper also has a huge Durability advantage, meaning Izetta's attacks are hardly going to be effective.

Finally, those crystals, as well as her gunshots, can be used as homing attacks, and Izetta has experience reacting and dodging homing attacks herself. I understand homing =/= the ricocheting of Whisper, but what I'm getting at is that Izetta is experienced at facing attacks that come from unexpected angles or directions.
Those are completely different. Homing attacks don't have "unexpected angles" because they only take angles that bring them to the target. The problem isn't being able to anticipate their turning, it's being able to escape them.

The difficulty of dodging trickshot ricochetting is that it's completely randomized and in this case creates a large laser grid/"cage" that is already lined up in advance to hit the target.

Except said Wisps don't take long to set those shots up. They scale to Whisper's speed and are able to set them up incredibly quickly
I don't doubt they can be set up quickly. But in the context of this fight, anything that "takes little time" for one fighter similarly "takes little time" for the other; it's not a one-way or one-sided exclusivity. Izetta won't stand there patiently while the little alien thingies help her opponent out is setting up her shots. Look, Izetta starts the fight with an arsenal of over 30 weapons, nor is she a newbie in their usage, nor is she inexperienced or dumb enough to let the opponent grab such an advantage. She can and will attack, and the field itself is her weapon, which grants Izetta further arsenal.

Which she can counter by similarly unleashing fire on her. I don't see why this is much of a problem
The "problem" is that Whisper only has one weapon/energy type at a time, while Izetta has enough weapons at base to supply 3 to 4 military squads + her crystals + her beams. Whisper is likely to counter some of the attacks, but there is no way she can avoid everything, especially when the attacks won't all be coming from the front; from the side, from above, pincer attacks, you name it. Trying to dodge will only take Whisper so far when so many things are going after her and following her around + new attacks will be coming at her while all the surviving weapons of the first attack are still there. Whisper will be overwhelmed
You can say all you want Whisper is some great gunner and is good at evading attacks, but against so many? Please show me scans where she avoids so many attacks at once, and I'll believe you.
Anothe thing is, even if it takes little time, it will take some time for Whisper to set up those prisms, either by herself or with her wisps, the latter which Izetta will target with attacks (and it won't lessen the burden on Whisper bc Izetta can multitask her TK). In both of the provided IDW pages, Whisper was in a situation where nobody was targeting her and nobody was preventing her from setting the prisms. Here however, Whisper is going to be targeted all the time, which will greatly limit her ability to properly set the prisms up.
And need I remind that Izetta has shown feats over the entire series of never getting hit, and that's before the magic stone. All the episodes are easy to find on YT, if you want to confirm that.

Those are completely different. Homing attacks don't have "unexpected angles" because they only take angles that bring them to the target. The problem isn't being able to anticipate their turning, it's being able to escape them.

The difficulty of dodging trickshot ricochetting is that it's completely randomized and in this case creates a large laser grid/"cage" that is already lined up in advance to hit the target.
In both provided images (+ a third image linked in Whisper's previous match), it's very limited "randomization". In both, the order in which the shot ricochets off the prisms is from closest to Whisper to the furthest, or from left to right. There is a linearity in her ricocheted attacks, which can be anticipated.

Even in the absolute worst-case scenario for Izetta where she's hit once and her forcefield is broken, said forcefield would have lessened the force of the attack enough to where Izetta won't die from it, and then Izetta will know how those prisms work and how. Izetta can just reform a forcefield and not get caught again in this trick.
The other thing is that, beyond the initial assault, Izetta will be flying in the sky. In the images provided (+the 3rd one from the previous match), the prisms are rather close to Whisper in terms of distance between them and her gun. Which means she can only set them up within a certain distance, which then means Izetta is more likely to react on time, since the furthest prism from the ground would still be far enough away from Izetta for her to react to the last ricochet. But you could say the wisps can place the prisms higher in the sky. To that, I point back to my argument about Izetta attacking the wisps and preventing the prisms to be set up.
Yes, the AP difference is impressive, but not insurmountable, and Izetta possesses the means to fight Whisper, unlike what was assumed earlier...

Izetta's capabilities were greatly underplayed from very early on in this thread, and assumptions were made about her that weren't true, based on just one piece of text in another thread. I'm trying to prove that this fight is far from one-sided like it was implied by some earlier, by actually arguing what she can do. I'd appreciate it if it wasn't brushed off.

Last edited:
I realised something else.
If Whisper sets up those prisms, Izetta can just, you know, TK them away. Whisper isn't holding them anymore once she throws them, so they're at Izetta's mercy, which means no ricochetting for Whisper.
That's one wincon down for the wolf.

That means that, in summary

Whisper's advantages are: AP, LS, and land mobility (Whisper's prisms, unless proven otherwise, have become a non-issue for Izetta)

Izetta's advantages are: AoE range, Arsenal of weapons, Field Control (through TK, nature manip, the large quantity of weapons, or homing attacks), ressources, spammability of said attacks, and air mobility

Both are known to be dodgy, both have long-ranged attacks, both have lengthy war experience.
It's nowhere near as one-sided as assumed

I don't doubt they can be set up quickly. But in the context of this fight, anything that "takes little time" for one fighter similarly "takes little time" for the other; it's not a one-way or one-sided exclusivity. Izetta won't stand there patiently while the little alien thingies help her opponent out is setting up her shots. Look, Izetta starts the fight with an arsenal of over 30 weapons, nor is she a newbie in their usage, nor is she inexperienced or dumb enough to let the opponent grab such an advantage. She can and will attack, and the field itself is her weapon, which grants Izetta further arsenal.
Except she won't have a reasonable amount of time to attempt to shoot and attack all the Wisps given the speed is equalized. In the time she tries to open fire and destroy them, they would have already set up the crystals and Whisper would've already fired through them. If speed weren't equalized, this would be more manageable, but it's hardly believable that she would be able to completely handle all these Wisps in crystals in the same time it takes Whisper to pull a trigger and fire her gun.

The "problem" is that Whisper only has one weapon/energy type at a time, while Izetta has enough weapons at base to supply 3 to 4 military squads + her crystals + her beams. Whisper is likely to counter some of the attacks, but there is no way she can avoid everything, especially when the attacks won't all be coming from the front; from the side, from above, pincer attacks, you name it. Trying to dodge will only take Whisper so far when so many things are going after her and following her around + new attacks will be coming at her while all the surviving weapons of the first attack are still there. Whisper will be overwhelmed
She only needs one weapon at a time, it's not like it's a disadvantage. As she's being fired at she can take shots at Izetta. With each shot being nearly lethal given the AP and Dura gap. Meaning a couple of shots alone is enough to render her defenseless, much less a barrage or an entire laser grid. Sure, she can't possibly dodge attacks like that coming from every direction, but she doesn't need to, since the Dura gap assures again that she'd only be "scratched" by it. Any attacks that do land are hardly going to do anything, meanwhile, any shot Whisper lands is going to be bad for Izetta.
Anothe thing is, even if it takes little time, it will take some time for Whisper to set up those prisms, either by herself or with her wisps, the latter which Izetta will target with attacks (and it won't lessen the burden on Whisper bc Izetta can multitask her TK). In both of the provided IDW pages, Whisper was in a situation where nobody was targeting her and nobody was preventing her from setting the prisms. Here however, Whisper is going to be targeted all the time, which will greatly limit her ability to properly set the prisms up.
Setting the prisms up isn't difficult though. We've literally seen her casually toss them and then immediately shoot through them to hit the target:

image0.jpg

This argument would really only work if it required decisive thinking and prep time to pull off, but she can quite literally toss a handful of them at random and fire from there immediately. It's not like she's planning to trajectory and takes seconds' worth of time to plan it out.

Same for the Wisps, they just quickly line up complex shots, it doesn't take a significant amount of time. Not to mention, Izetta's unlikely to understand what Whisper's doing to begin with until she's pulled the stunt off at least once. She's not somehow magically going to know she's going to create a grid for her to pull off some of the most bs trick shots ever. Once she's done it once, sure, she'll then be aware, but she'll also have been heavily injured.

The provided images showcase limited "randomization". In both, the order in which the shot ricochets off the prisms is from closest to Whisper to the furthest, or from left to right. There is a linearity in her ricocheted attacks, which can be anticipated.
Sure, that seems easy to say from a person not actually being fired at. Though it's far more complex than you give credit for. The prisms shape make it hard to tell what way the beam is going to be reflected, it could've easily came out of another side of the crystal, but came out another side to hit another random crystal when it could've just as easily been another one. That picture from earlier should be evidence it's more complex than you're giving it credit for. Four Wisps created a laser grid that bounced around in like over 10 different directions, hitting several enemies around Silver and the target. Sure, the beam itself moves linearly in a straight line, but the crystals completely change that. Unless Izetta can predict exactly which way the laser is going to reflect off of one into another one, she's going to be surrounded, and then hit. Which again would be a lethal hit given the difference in AP and Dura.
Even in the absolute worst-case scenario for Izetta where she's hit once and her forcefield is broken, said forcefield would have lessened the force of the attack enough to where Izetta won't die from it, and then Izetta will know how those prisms work and how.

She likely wouldn't have been killed by a single shot to begin with unless it was like a headshot, though even if the force field does soften the blow, she'd still be significantly injured/impaired. Making her ability to fight drastically lessen unless there's evidence she can fight just as effectively when fatally wounded as when she's uninjured at 100% peak condition.
The other thing is that, beyond the initial assault, Izetta will be flying in the sky. In the images provided, the prisms are rather close to Whisper in terms of distance between them and her gun. Which means she can only set them up within a certain distance, which then means Izetta is more likely to react on time, since the furthest prism from the ground would still be far enough away from Izetta for her to react to the last ricochet. But you could say the wisps can place the prisms higher in the sky. To that, I point back to my argument about Izetta attacking the wisps and preventing the prisms to be set up.
Due to speed equalization, at the same rate she can fly up, the crystals would be thrown and Whisper can fire a shot. It's unlikely she'd be extremely far away from them to begin with. If the Wisps are carrying them, guess what, the Wisps are sentient, and since speed is equalized, they can simply move out of the way which from there, Whisper can fire and land a hit.

Izetta's capabilities were greatly underplayed from very early on in this thread, and assumptions were made about her that weren't true, based on just one piece of text in another thread. I'm trying to prove that this fight is far from one-sided like it was implied by some earlier, by actually arguing what she can do. I'd appreciate it if it wasn't brushed off.
I can understand that, though I'm unsure if they actually thought the fight was one-sided. If they believed so, I think they've would've mentioned the match being a stomp.
I realised something else.
If Whisper sets up those prisms, Izetta can just, you know, TK them away. Whisper isn't holding them anymore once she throws them, so they're at Izetta's mercy, which means no ricochetting for Whisper.
That's one wincon down for the wolf.
If she TK's them, Whisper can still shoot at them to land a shot before she pushes them significantly far away. Which given speed equalization is very possible to perform. Though she doesn't really need to throw them if she's got the Wisps to carry them for her. There are also many of Whisper's other weapons that given her AP and Dura advantage would all prove lethal. The laser mode that she uses most often isn't her only option.

First, thank you for answering. I really appreciate it

Except she won't have a reasonable amount of time to attempt to shoot and attack all the Wisps given the speed is equalized. In the time she tries to open fire and destroy them, they would have already set up the crystals and Whisper would've already fired through them. If speed weren't equalized, this would be more manageable, but it's hardly believable that she would be able to completely handle all these Wisps in crystals in the same time it takes Whisper to pull a trigger and fire her gun
Handle all the wisps at once, probably not, I agree, but there's only half a dozen of them. Even if Izetta only manages to destroy two, that's 2 less wisps for Whisper to use, both for prism set-up and extra arsenal, making her shots less versatile and complex.
Speed is equalised, yes, but the argument of "can't handle everything" goes both ways. Whisper won't be able to handle all the attacks and weapons coming her way from Izetta, especially at the start.

Setting the prisms up isn't difficult though. We've literally seen her casually toss them and then immediately shoot through them to hit the target:
I'm aware of that. Whether she tosses them or has the wisps carry them, it's really easy to set up. And I won't try to argue that Izetta will likely get hit once by a ricohetin beam; I agree she most likely will.
And I will say that whatever damage Izetta takes from this attack, even if lessened thanks to the forcefield, will hurt a lot and likely more than what she's faced before. However, in spite that, Izetta has fought while injured, and her combat skills, thinking skills and reaction times don't decrease. It'll likely need a tad more concentration, but considering how she can TK 40+ objects at once like it's nothing, the effects on Izetta's combat will be negligible, as long as she only receives 1 such full-front attack.

Four Wisps created a laser grid that bounced around in like over 10 different directions, hitting several enemies around Silver and the target. Sure, the beam itself moves linearly in a straight line, but the crystals completely change that

Due to speed equalization, at the same rate she can fly up, the crystals would be thrown and Whisper can fire a shot. It's unlikely she'd be extremely far away from them to begin with. If the Wisps are carrying them, guess what, the Wisps are sentient, and since speed is equalized, they can simply move out of the way which from there, Whisper can fire and land a hit.
Considering they are fighting in an open area and Izetta will be flying for most of the fight, complex zigzagging of the lasers is unlikely for Whisper. The scene with Silver and the other guy looks to take place inside a room, which makes what you argue far easier and where the prisms were surrounding the two characters. However, in the current scenario, linear prism-to-prism beams in order is by far the most viable option, unless she can somehow throw the prisms hundreds of meters far, which she hasn't shown. The location of the fight and Izetta's flight make it to where Whisper can't surround Izetta with the prisms.

The wisps can somewhat fix this limitation, but Izetta will be on the lookout. Even more after the first successful hit.
And said first hit is unlikely to have used the wisps to set the prisms. Think about it:
The very beginning of the fight will be a brief shoot-out, with advantage to Izetta because of the number of weapons + bigger aoe. After launching her first assault, Izetta will start to fly away to gain distance. If Whisper finds an opportunity to toss the prisms this early in the fight, it will be at a time when Izetta won't be high enough to where Whisper can't reach laser-reach them without using the wisps, aka she will toss them herself? However, considering the limited range at which she can throw the prisms, it won't be far enough to surround Izetta, only enough for the laser to ricochet off the prisms in an orderly way.
Izetta will get hit by that first laser, I agree with that. But her reaction time to a laser coming from within her frontal line of sight, even if it ricochets, will be much better than if the laser ricocheted from prisms all around Izetta. Izetta will get hurt, but probably not as hard as she would have if she was in the scenario of the scene you shared.

Basically:
  • If Whisper tosses the prisms, it won't be far enough to surround Izetta, meaning Izetta will have a window to react. She will get hit, not arguing that, but due to the attack not being from behind or the sides, it'll be easier to react to and lessen the damage taken. And after that 1st attack, Izetta will know what the prisms do, and TK them far away. I highly doubt Whisper will be able to reach the prisms with her laser once that happens. Unless there's a showing of that? Izetta could also crush the prisms, that's an option.
  • If Whisper uses Wisps to set the prisms, Izetta will attack them. She won't be able to hit them all, but considering she's faced entire armies at once, multiple targets is a non-issue. Again, even if Izetta only takes out 2 Wisps, it's still 2 less Wisps, which limits Whisper. Again, Izetta starts with 30+ weapons, and can then use anything in her vicinity as a weapon The area they're fighting in has buildings and forests and likely more, which Izetta can use as weapons; she can weaponize the field. Additionally, is there anything stopping Izetta from TK'ing the prisms off the Wisps?
If she TK's them, Whisper can still shoot at them to land a shot before she pushes them significantly far away. Which given speed equalization is very possible to perform.
Izetta has the equally viable option to block/deflect Whisper's attempts to shoot at the TK'd prisms. Izetta's arsenal of weapons is large enough where she can multitask each to do something different. She uses her larger swords primarily for defense and attack deflection. Izetta's skill with her magic and her multitask TK makes it very possible to throw the prisms so far away that Whisper can't hope to reach them.
Whisper's has other elements to attack with, sure, but the laser was by far the biggest threat, and if Izetta defeats some Wisps, can they even be used as weapon energy still?

I can understand that, though I'm unsure if they actually thought the fight was one-sided. If they believed so, I think they've would've mentioned the match being a stomp.
What upsets me is that, after barely any discussion, everyone vote-rushed Whisper while I was asleep without waiting for counter-arguments on my part or trying to look deeper into Izetta's profile. On top of that, assumptions were made about Izetta that were false, there's no other way to say it; they made Izetta look like she can't do anything. I voiced my points afterwards once I saw this turn of events, within the grace period, but then nobody bothered to respond besides you. That's what really upsets me.

Last edited:
I forgot to mention, but while I agree Izetta's attacks won't deal too much damage individually because of the AP gap, they will still do something.

If I punch a boxer in the face, it won't do much, but he'll at least feel it. If 30 people try to punch the boxer at once, not even he will come out unscathed, even if only half the attacks land properly. And if those 30 people launch wave after wave of punches, it will quickly become too much for the boxer.

A large bear would be stronger than a wolf, but if there are 30 wolves attacking that bear, it's not getting away unscathed.

It's kind of similar here. A single attack from Izetta won't do much. An onslaught of attacks will. A repeated onslaught of attacks will do even more. Even more when those attacks include 200m-wide explosions coming from tiny homing bombs + beams + a bunch of stat-amped weapons.

With everything that's been said about Whisper, I'm sure she'll find an opportunity to use the beam-ricochet once, but it will likely be early on when Izetta hasn't flown too far yet, aka at a point Wisps aren't needed yet, aka the prisms are free to be TK'ed away.

Whisper does more damage to Izetta than Izetta does to Whisper. But Whisper's key method of reaching Izetta with her most effective attack can be disabled early on, and she has to deal with 30+ things repeatedly pummeling her on all sides. Any time Whisper uses to get rid of the surrounding weapons is time not spent shooting at Izetta, and any time spent setting up shots and shooting is time during which all the weapons will keep stabbing into Whisper. The reason being that Izetta can multitask attack, defense and disruption.

If you give Whisper of power strength of 100, and Izetta an attack strength of 20 (bc ~x5 gap), it's impressive of course. But Whisper is at 100*1 or 100*2, while Izetta is at least 20*30, with those 30 being renewable and even replaceable (through TK'ing and weaponizing the environment). The damage and pain will build up until it becomes severe. Even if you low-ball Izetta and say that only half hits with each wave, it's still 20*15 times however many waves.

This grace was over long ago, but I will add your vote
I'm sorry, but no. I've already explained both here and in the tourney thread that this wasn't over, because the votes in Whisper's favors were cast because false information about Izetta was spread on the thread and many assumptions were made that were false, without waiting for counter-arguments. You can't call this fair when one of the fighters was so undervalued.

Yes, I am already aware the 24 hours have passed, but I allowed you to still discuss and vote for the sake of a fair match.

Apologies for the vote rush.

Don't worry, I'm not blaming you. It's just upsetting and vexing especially when, now that I was able to present Izetta's correct skill level, power level, ability usage, etc., nobody's coming back. It's disheartening, more than anything.

Back