• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Low Multiverse level revision?

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Hello.

I think that it was decided some time ago that we should change the name of tier 2-C from "Multi-Universe level" to "Low Multiverse level", but a revision was never initiated.

Would any administrators and content moderators be willing to collaborate with handling such a task?

This would require splitting up the work of checking through the tier 2 category profiles for the ones that need to have their attack potency, striking strength and durability statistics adjusted.

Help would be very appreciated.

NOTE: STAFF ONLY

I am neutral on this. I don't have enough time to go searching. Just give me a list and I'll do it. I'll also handle the Digimon pages that are 2-C if this goes through.

Bluetrekking has offered to write a list of the pages that need to be adjusted: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1570627

It is still a collection of universes, so it fits the definition of a multiverse.

We also use "Low Hyperverse level" so it also fits into a pattern.

Basically, Multiverse is short for Multi-Universe anyway, which is why our current naming convention sounds so stupid.

@Kaltias

Thank you for the help.

I would even be fine with separating High 3-A's two dichotomous parts into two separate tiers, and would even be willing to help change 2-C to Low 2-B, if we're really trying to solve confusion. Nevertheless, it does seem like a rational proposition.

Aeyu said:
I would even be fine with separating High 3-A's two dichotomous parts into two separate tiers, and would even be willing to help change 2-C to Low 2-B, if we're really trying to solve confusion. Nevertheless, it does seem like a rational proposition.
So what your proposing is this:

High 3-A: High Universe level (Infinite 3-D)

Low 2-C: High Universe level (Finite 4-D)

2-C: Universe level+

Low 2-B: Low Multiverse level

2-B: Multiverse level

Either way, am I right to assume this is accepted. I can handle to part I promised until the list comes out.

We would have to imagine different names for High 3-A and Low 2-C, I imagine...

Here's a question, why do we use "Universe level+" to begin with? The whole idea behind adding + as a suffix to a character's AP ranking was that it was in the upper half of the range of values that constituted whatever tier it is in, yet in the cases of Universe level+ and Multiverse level+ we make exceptions. Granted, I don't currently have any better ideas...

I am opposed to starting to mess with the tiering system structure itself.

This thread is strictly for applying an already agreed upon name-change.

Let's not make this more complicated than necessary with very hasty extra revisions.

Well, the point was more to inquire about why we use the terminology we do, not to overturn anything unrelated to the main topic (i.e. 2-C), since it had come up already in the discussion.

If we just change 2-C to Low Multiverse level, then I can knock out the edits with AWB in like, half an hour or so. It should be very simple to do so.

@ThePerpetual

Okay.

@Darkanine

Are you able to both change (Attack Potency/Durability) "Multi-Universe level" to "Low Multiverse level" and (Striking Strength) "Multi-Universal" to "Low Multiversal"?

@Ant

AWB basically works where you input the stuff you want to change in a "find and replace" section, then load the pages that are to be affected and edit them from there. I use it all the time on other projects so I know what I'm doing with it. Here's an example of what it looks like.

It also gives you a preview window.

Apparently i'm not approved to use it here, but I think I or a bureaucrat can just add me to the list.

Well, it is a potentially very dangerous script, so I do not think that we should use it for other occasions than this. Meaning, after this project is done, you should preferably uninstall it again.

In addition, we do not use Multi-Universe Class for striking strength, we use Multi-Universal.

And following this convention, we would call the new version Low Multiversal.

It's not dangerous at all, it even gives you a preview of the changes you've made so you can review them. This would knock the revision out in a few hours at most with just one guy doing it (me). It's either that or all the staff doing it manually and consume days doing it.

I've been using this software for several months now too, so I know how it's done.

I agree with this. Low Multiversal is a good name to keep the standard when we have things such as "Low Complex Multiversal" or "Low Hyperversal" in the Tiering System

Yes, I am fine with you handling this particular project in this manner, but I do not want the staff to install the script and use it for anything other than very important projects approved by the bureaucrats.

Anyway, should I change the Tiering System page name for tier 2 as a whole from "Multi-Universal" to "Universal Continuums"?

I feel like you're being needlessly paranoid, Ant. I can only really see good coming from using this script. It saves a significant amount of time and effort.

I am fine with using this script for important projects that have been approved by bureaucrats, such as this one, but I am not fine with starting to apply it for everyday use, as it easily messes up page structures.

People who aren't experienced with it shouldn't be using it for anything big, I agree with you there. I have made mistakes with it but given how it works, mistakes are easy to fix quickly.

At the absolute worst, I'll have to spend an extra few hours cleaning up the mistakes.

Back