• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Low 7-C Tournament Round 1 Match 3. Shiki Granbell vs Winter Schnee

Now what can shiki do here?

Like what's his starting move and how skilled is he and how does he fight in base

Waiting for someone to explain shiki and what he can do and I can then post what I have for winter after that

AP/Striking Strength: Close, but since Overdrive is restricted here Winter edges out in AP with 3 tons to Shiki's 2

Speed: Equalized

Lifting Strength: Funnily enough, due to gravity shenanigans of both of them this actually comes into play. Winter's Gravity manip can immobilize people with Class G lifting strength and resist her own gravity, and shiki's by extension, through sheer strength, whereas the same cannot be said for Shiki's Class M lifting strength

Durability: Same as AP, Winter has 3 to Shiki's 2, but Winter has multiple additional layers of much more durable barriers, including her aura and two layers of magic forcefields, as well as additional defenses such as her glyph shields and ice barriers, so Shiki is going to have a very, very difficult time directly damaging her

Stamina: Winter? Shiki's stamina is more pain tolerance and while impressive, Winter's stamina is comparable to Team RWBY, who in the early series were able to fight for a full day before becoming tired and in the recent season fought on and off for two days straight with little rest between

Range: Equal, both have kilometers range with their attacks

Weaknesses: Of the two, Shiki is the only one with a viably exploitable weakness as Winter's is literally just 'keep hitting her and she'll eventually lose'. Since this is pre-Xenolith shiki, binding his hands will leave him unable to use his Ether Gear, which is a huge issue seeing as Winter has multiple means of restraining him (Glyphs, ice, etc.)

I’ll really need to make a crt on maiden’s “forcefield” because the sword forcefield should absolutely just be aura (as in the site power not Rwby’s version). It dispersed upon a single hit from someone comparable to Raven so even if it was a forcefield it would be the crapiest one you can get.

Also Winter doesn’t use the maiden sword aura in character and it takes a massive charge up.

I mean, she probably wins anyways, I’m just getting more and more annoyed of seeing that ‘forcefield’ be brought up and actually being used as a big justification for winning.

Winter also doesn’t use her ice as a shield (and last I checked that’s tier 8 since it doesn’t come from maiden powers), but she does use the glyph shields, so she does have that.

Yeah I’m voting winter for her superior lifting strength and the shields she does legitimately have. Shiki’s gravity manipulation, his main attack, becomes completely worthless because winter is like 10 times stronger.

The frist thing winter did when she got her maiden powers was use a ice shield to reflect black a laser

I thought that was a glyph shield. Let me recheck.

Edit: Oh, very weird considering she already has a forcefield power, no clue why the creators gave her another one with the same property, but oh well. So yeah Winter has three forcefields.

Back