• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Low 7-B Bracket R5: All Might vs Shantae

Invincibility and all those other abilities are actual shields, correct? And she can't apply all of them at the exact same time, even with infinite mana. It would be child's play for All Might to learn which shield of hers does what, as well as the timing between them that she's open to attack.

If AM stays somewhat in range, outskilling and learning Shantae's powers as the fight continues, it just gets easier for him to learn when her buffs will run out.

Also, when she's transformed, she can't use magic right? So she's basically forever stuck in her base form with her hair and somewhat martial arts, otherwise she'd get tossed all over the place.

Also, what's her counter to All Might just restraining her? He has class T lifting strength, what does she do to prevent just getting crushed or choked unconscious.

There isnt really time in bwtween her shields its thought based and it just instantly switches between them

To cut in, the Magic Tiara just says it fills up Shantae's magic supply, not that it makes it infinite.

It basically makes it not fall in supply.

Also counter to All Might restrianing her is her spinning blades that surround her She can use vanshing cream to make herself intangible, invisible and overall imperciptible to her enemies. She can warp away before he grabs her.

@Kingofwolves999 she wouldnt even really need to switch too much, mirror when he's long range, and invincible for close range.

as Risky yes. she does a bunch weird stuff with her transformations you cant do as Shantae when playing her.

but....I feel if she had her FULL player set in her boss fight it'd be really unbalanced and ridiculous for players to deal with.

hang on, in her boss fight she can apparently maniulate the light in the area when she transforms into a bat and her crab form she created tall pillars of water to move around in her crab form.

Also, I feel like well over half the stuff being mentioned here would fall under optional equiptment.

the only equipment thats been discussed here I can see is her magic tiara oh and vanishing cream, but all her standard equipment o her page is put uner her "Notable Attacks/Techniques"

The Shantae page was made before Optional Equiptment was a thing, and as such had Optional Equiptment listed under standard equiptment.

Well then, I think a CRT needs to be made to determine her "optional equipment"

regardless, She's still stronger, has access to warping away with quick dance, can reflect shockwaves and straight up ignore AM's attacks completly while she has her invincibile shield up. Even if we assume the lowest amount of time of 15 seconds before her magic is up from using invincible shield, thats 15 seconds where she can teleport in close to him, then use her obliterate dance and not have to worry about any sort of counter.

I vote Shantae due to having better AP, ways to boost her AP even more, versatility, ways to ignore AM's attack even for a brief time if we assume her magical tiara isn't allowed here due to possibly being optional equipment. She can become invisible and intangible, she can reflect his long range attacks, also she can dance to unleash a massive explosion that does severe damage to bosses in her own game, who all scale to her.

The Smashor said:
The Shantae page was made before Optional Equiptment was a thing, and as such had Optional Equiptment listed under standard equiptment.
Most of Shantae's equipment is standard though as she has access to most of it at all times. The only stuff I'd really consider optional would be the dlc equipment.

Ah right, its like Mario with his powerups and some of them are one game only too like Gold Mario and Double Mario so we cant use an argument against Shantae.

So Shantae still has access to tiara that gives her constant magic supply, and in conjuntion with mirrror shield, All Might cannot blast it off her head with a shockwave and would have to get in close. Which means dealing with pikeballs, scimitars, her hair whips, and being in range of her Obliteration Dance.

Everything that isn't Shantae's hair gets blown away with air pressure, and the hair just gets grabbed. So the argument that AM can't restrain her because he'll get hit by something is moot as he can literally muscle through all of it.

From what I'm understanding, half of the power ups being brought up aren't even part of Shantae's standard equipment. It seems more like Shantae, IN CHARACTER, would use transformation dances and some of the magic she has obtained rather than just "infinite shield/invulnerability/invisibility spam gg." Bloodlusted I can see her doing this strat, but it doesn't make any sense if we're talking in character.

Invisibility is, again, not useful if she just gets hit by aoe.

Can someone actually show a clip or scan of all the abilities Shantae is supposedly going to be swapping between ad infinitum? Because from what I'm seeing, a couple of 10 second power ups that can't be applied at the same time and can be waited out don't seem particularly useful even if you can spam them.

She summons the items circling round her again, and AGAIN No.....the mirror bubble reflects the air pressure shockwaves away frm her.

I mean the best we can show is gameplay footage. and its not 10 seconds, its more given most would be using the magic bracelet to double her supply, or just the tira to give herself infinite magic (for lack of a better term)

also your argument would mean most early FF charaters, Mario, and basically any videogame character would not be able to use the stuff they have in their games since no game actively shows in full their entire skillset/equipment they have access to in gameplay, in cutscenes or dialogue.

I have her games, all four of them, I can say without doubt you can use shields and other magic like her pikeballs/scimitars at the same time.

So what you're telling me is she can become invunerable to people on her level forever, and people on her level is literally all of the tier?

That sounds like an automatic disqualification to me

The shockwaves aren't aimed at her, they're aimed at the objects floating around her that keep showing up.

But the actual length of the buff is about 10 seconds correct? Then she has to re apply it? In which case All Might has several windows to hit or restrain her.

Shantae has actual boss battles in her games, no? Where you, the player, get to fight against her? Those boss battles should be great indications of how she would actually fight against someone on her level. Does she use invincibility spam in every fight she's been in?

Can you stack invincibility with mirror with invisibility with transformations, as you're implying?

Also, shouldn't Shantae have her equipment split up? There are some items she has in games that she doesn't have in others, like the entire game where she doesn't have her genie magic. So her entire profile's equipment and technique sections should be updated or at least a note made specifying which equipment she should have at any given point in time.

I mean theres plenty of ways to get past it, but All Might doesn't hve any method.

hell Shantae lost to Esdeath and i losing currently to Brook and Robin from One Piece despite having this invulnerablity.

ok Kingofwolves you GOTTA be more specific by "buffs" I'm a self proclaimed Shantae expert, and I can't tell what you are referring to.

If you mean her scimitars/pikeballs those last as long as she has magic. same goes for her shields.

She also lost to Meruem.

None of the equipment she used while without her magic has been brought up in this match, though I have wanted to make a small revision that would give her a human key.

Do stomps matter in this tournament type thing? Its not like a stomp here means Shantae auto wins the whole thing

Bump

Edit: Seriously though, how is it fair for Shantae to have literal permanent invulnerability?

There's uneven matchups, and then there's this. Could anyone else in the bracket even get past this?

Basically she has a barrier that makes her invincible at the cost of magic, and she has something that gives her unlimited magic.

Yeah, All Might stands little chance. She can use AoE explosion magic, boost her stats, become intangible, use an invulnerability forcefield, surround herself with scimitars, fully heal herself as much as she'd like, etc. And yes, these abilities can indeed stack.

Back