• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to be rude but it is clear that these Low 2-C Mario threads are throwing anything at the wall to see what sticks. Any instance where Mario is 6 degrees of separation from something that might be interpreted as a cosmic feat, there are attempts to scale him disregarding all context or common sense. I mean one of the arguments used here was seriously "A nameless, off screen group of people that died hundreds of years before Mario was born collectively used unspecified technology that they eventually lost to do a feat that's arguably Tier 2." Not to mention that things like game reviews are being cited as sources. Or how pieces of context such as Mario being amped in Origami King are getting left out.

Also a character should not be scaled to the entirety of an explosion unless they were at the epicenter. Surface area is absolutely a factor because the full power of an explosion is not purely concentrated into one area that's decillions of times smaller than said explosion. That's now how explosions work. And in regards to Super Mario Galaxy, Mario and Peach were shielded by Rosalina and Bowser survived (as did literally every other creature in existence) due to the universe getting reset. That is not a feat for him anymore than Vision being brought back to life by the Time Stone is. As mentioned before, Bowser cannot even touch the energy used to power the generator without seriously hurting himself. So his physical body clearly does not scale to the entirety of the generator's energy, nor to the universal destruction the generator's collapse causes. This trend of attempting to scale people to the destruction that a weapon they happened to be in possession of caused needs to stop.

As such I cannot agree with these feats.

Last edited:
Also a character should not be scaled to the entirety of an explosion unless they were at the epicenter, and surface area is absolutely a factor because the full power of an explosion is not purely concentrated into one area that's decillions of times smaller. And in regards to Super Mario Galaxy, Mario and Peach were shielded by Rosalina and Bowser survived (as did literally every other creature in existence) due to the universe getting reset. That is not a feat for him anymore than Vision being brought back to life by the Time Stone is.
But the argument only applies when talking about 3D explosions, if it's Low 2-C then that argument gets thrown out the window

The game did. The script says: "The demon also made the 7 Star Stones which helped it control the world". That the Shadow Queen is weaker than the Crystal Stars is very apparent as she cannot fight off their power sealing her.
Yes, her own power used against her. Makes for good scaling, doesn't it? If you just prefer to ignore how the only thing that the Crystal Stars did was not make her a stonewall, sure. She can still harm Mario and co, take hits from the Crystal Stars. No reason not to scale, give an actual reason.

Proof she created it instantly with no effort rather than something that took time and a lot of her magic.
Why would this be relevant, who cares if it was overtime. What matters is that the Crystal Stars and her own power are comparable, this is irrelevant and yet another shotgun argument.

Because "fabric of reality" only means he is folding space-time, not space time across universal scale. IT's not downplay, it's being quite reasonable with what is being shown to us. Olly doesn't show anything on an universal scale in the game, all of the folding is happening on the world, the game never goes into space and Olly never folds any star or planet or whatever.

The usage of "world" here is obviously referring to the fact that Olly will end the world as it currently is and make everything origami instead of paper.
COOL, HE IS CHANGING THE STRUCTURE OF ALL SPACE AND TIME, THAT IS LOW 2-C. Unless you ignore the literal meaning of fabric of reality or think Earth is all of reality, you literally have no counters. It doesn't matter what wasn't shown prior, fabric of reality is still Low 2-C, good god you are ******* reaching.

You din't provide a single reason. Why would its offensive magic scale to its capability to attack people.

And you cannot tell me what you want or want not to hear, I am giving my input and this is unjustifiable for any scaling.
No, because we're going to assume this is an RPG and that the Black Jewel uses different types of magic. Crazy. It sustained/created a universe my guy, why on Earth would its power be weaker if its existence sustains a universe?

No, turning a dream into a nightmare is Dream Manipulation Hax and not AP. You cannot say it is otherwise without evidence. What is the reason for changing a dream scaling to attacks. Can you prove that they are comparable?
Cool, still a Low 2-C feat. Matt, you realize that "Significantly affect" is used as an umbrella term for feats that don't involve direct creation or destruction but are comparable to them in power, such as warping and distorting the entirety of the structure in question, sustaining its existence with one's own, merging the structure with another one, etc." is all ******* hax, you are objectively ignoring this section and will play it off as hax only for the sake of an argument. I am not going to continue with someone who continues to ignore the sites rules, either acknowledge them or back off. The reason for scaling is because dream power is what gives Antasma his strength in the first place. He is fodder anywhere else, but the dream world is what literally gives him all of this power.

The collapse formed a black hole which destroyed the universe, we see it on screen. The Mario Cast was saved by Rosalina so they survived. Meanwhile everything else in the universe returned to normal.

Bowser doesn't have universal durability based on this feat because it is the same as arguing every single particle and atom in the entire Mario Universe is universal, as they also "survived it". Bowser was reset alongside the rest of the universe.
Yet we consider Rosalina's shield to be Low 2-C, so if shielding someone from a universe resetting is Low 2-C, so is surviving it. Otherwise it is a double standard. You also ignore how it was stated the reset has shooken Bowser and how he was shown to be damaged from the result. He very much survived it like a champ. Not only did he survive the explosion first, but the reset as well.

because it shows Bowser cannot tank the source of his power and is vulnerable to it. The buff is tiny as he is still harmed by the Star Reactor and you need to stun Bowser like that to wound him.

It shows very clearly that the Grand Star "Amp" as you put it is tiny and that Bowser doesn't scale to its power. It's not an assumption it is shown.
He can't tank it... what? Are you serious? Are we watching the same thing? He very much tanks the source, maybe the fact he doesn't die and that he can keep getting hit by it as much as he wants would prove his ******* durability. The only way you can actually defeat Bowser is if Mario defeats him.

This is unrelated. It was decided in another thread that it wasn't accept and thus here it's not accepted either. You cannot ignore past decisions and just do whatever you want. Either you use Japanese Sources or you don't. We don't accept Third Party sources made by people completely unrelated. Nobody cares about Nintendo Power.
It was not, you're still lying holy shit. The very fact that Culex and Wart's range comes from scans that use those sources and are on the profile proves we allow these sources. The argument that the sources was not allowed was never accepted and proven wrong. You cannot switch up what happened.

- "Range: Standard melee range. Tens of meters with projectiles. Low Multiversal with Dream Machine powers, he cursed Subcon, which has been stated to be a universe in secondary canon sources and also effected people in the real world."

- "Range: Likely Universal+ (Stated to have control over all time and space)"

1. Creating something via magic isn't AP. The process is unknown and may not scale whatsoever specially if it took time.

2. Nothing implies anything it's a single line, there's no context to argue about nothing. Creating a universe over time is 3-B even if the universe has time

3. Your reading comprehension is abysmal, first they state that the Ancient used the Pixls to create dimensions and then they say that they created another dimension. That doesn't mean they created that dimension on their own when the process (using the Pixls) is already established.

The Ancients' ability to create dimensions is unquantifiable in relation to AP and only scales to their capacity as a civilization for non-offensive means.
1. Irrelevant, their own creations scale from their magic as they literally fought during the Pixl Uprising and Merlee stated her power was weak against Mimi, how does it not scale?

2. The context is that they created other dimensions via their magic, that is not hard to get, there is no basis it was overtime and stems from you just needing an argument. There are several characters who are stated to create universes and are Low 2-C as well. "Those are wrong too" is not an argument if they are already accepted, do not bother. Creating an infinite sized dimension even overtime is not 3-B.

3. Irony. Because they literally created dimensions prior to making the Pixls. I love it when the guy I am arguing with ignores lore. Perfect.

I saw this quote and talked about it in my post, you're the one ignoring things now. Destroying the world merely refers to the planet this is abundantly clear.
"They're not talking about destroying the world, but merely taking over the world."
Nice contradiction.

Non-sequitur. Super Paper Mario and TTYD have unrelated story. The term universe is only used in a review and not in the actual game, the fact that they bring up that the universe is threatened in the next game which does have solid evidence for universe destruction is unrelated to the Shadow Queen covering the world in darkness which we see in game.
Incorrect, they quite literally say Mario is saving the universe again, which would clearly be ******* talking about something previous.

I'm not being dishonest, you're the one omitting context from everything you say.
So no response as to how Mario was never amped like you just claimed? Concession accepted then.

I will not repeat myself for any of these, unless you bring up new arguments and evidence, then I will have to ignore it and talk about something else.

But the argument only applies when talking about 3D explosions, if it's Low 2-C then that argument gets thrown out the window
I think the disagreement from staff shows its debatable at least

I agree that the feat of survivng the collapse of the kingdom is unquantifiable.

"A nameless, off screen group of people that died thousands of years before Mario was born collectively used unspecified technology that they eventually lost to do a feat that's arguably Tier 2." Not to mention that things like game reviews are being cited as sources. Or how pieces of context such as Mario being amped in Origami King are getting left out.
Not to be rude, but you clearly are not reading the other side because of the evidence I sent regarding the sources or how Mario was amped being a massive lie.

Also a character should not be scaled to the entirety of an explosion unless they were at the epicenter, and surface area is absolutely a factor because the full power of an explosion is not purely concentrated into one area that's decillions of times smaller.
Not how Low 2-C works.

And in regards to Super Mario Galaxy, Mario and Peach were shielded by Rosalina and Bowser survived (as did literally every other creature in existence) due to the universe getting reset. That is not a feat for him anymore than Vision being brought back to life by the Time Stone is.
Also already talked about.

Also even if someone manages to finally find a Tier 2 feat that genuinely scales to Mario, there's still the factor of it being an outlier. People seem to always act as if outliers just don't exist and that a character should always be listed as their highest feat even if it's not in any way consistent.

Not to be rude but it is clear that these Low 2-C Mario threads are throwing anything at the wall to see what sticks. Any instance where Mario is 6 degrees of separation from something that might be interpreted as a cosmic feat, there are attempts to scale him disregarding all context or common sense. I mean one of the arguments used here was seriously "A nameless, off screen group of people that died hundreds of years before Mario was born collectively used unspecified technology that they eventually lost to do a feat that's arguably Tier 2." Not to mention that things like game reviews are being cited as sources. Or how pieces of context such as Mario being amped in Origami King are getting left out.

Also a character should not be scaled to the entirety of an explosion unless they were at the epicenter. Surface area is absolutely a factor because the full power of an explosion is not purely concentrated into one area that's decillions of times smaller than said explosion. That's now how explosions work. And in regards to Super Mario Galaxy, Mario and Peach were shielded by Rosalina and Bowser survived (as did literally every other creature in existence) due to the universe getting reset. That is not a feat for him anymore than Vision being brought back to life by the Time Stone is. As mentioned before, Bowser cannot even touch the energy used to power the generator without seriously hurting himself. So his physical body clearly does not scale to the entirety of the generator's energy, nor to the universal destruction the generator's collapse causes. This trend of attempting to scale people to the destruction that a weapon they happened to be in possession of caused needs to stop.

As such I cannot agree with these feats.
Yeah I expected the good will argument.

Ryu, I’ll tell you what I told Matt. Show me one. ONE. Tier 2 attack that involves surface area. And the answer is, you can’t. We don’t treat it like that. Ever. And using that here shows a clear bias.

Also even if someone manages to finally find a Tier 2 feat that genuinely scales to Mario, there's still the factor of it being an outlier. People seem to always act as if outliers just don't exist and that a character should always be listed as their highest feat even if it's not in any way consistent.
One, there’s three. Two, if you wanna use the consistent argument, every character not from either Saint Seiya or One Punch Man stays tier 8 at best.

Because it's not a confirmed feat in the story either way it's just gameplay.
...what?
No seriously bro, what?
Do Robot Masters not scale to Mega Man because it’s just gameplay?
You can choose to skip Yuffie’s recruitment. Does she not scale to Cloud and co., because it’s gameplay?
You can choose to skip most of the playable characters in Chrono Cross. Do they not scale due to gameplay?
I can go on for days.

Yes, her own power used against her. Makes for good scaling, doesn't it
No because the Crystal Stars are stronger than her.

Why would this be relevant, who cares if it was overtime.
Overtime creation doesn't scale to AP this is relevant.

COOL, HE IS CHANGING THE STRUCTURE OF ALL SPACE AND TIME, THAT IS LOW 2-C. Unless you ignore the literal meaning of fabric of reality or think Earth is all of reality, you literally have no counters. It doesn't matter what wasn't shown prior, fabric of reality is still Low 2-C, good god you are ******* reaching.
You are making shit up at no point in the game is space ever brought up nor is the scale beyond a single planet that is being folded over time. And even then it is only after Olly is amped that he begins to fold the fabric of reality. Olly folding "the structure of all space and time" is your headcanon that isn't demonstrated in the story.

No, because we're going to assume this is an RPG and that the Black Jewel uses different types of magic. Crazy. It sustained/created a universe my guy, why on Earth would its power be weaker if its existence sustains a universe?
So you don't have any reason to show that the Black Jewel's magic scales to its creation of a universe?

Because magic can be used for different purposes without scaling to itself.

Cool, still a Low 2-C feat. Matt, you realize that "Significantly affect" is used as an umbrella term for feats that don't involve direct creation or destruction but are comparable to them in power, such as warping and distorting the entirety of the structure in question, sustaining its existence with one's own, merging the structure with another one, etc." is all ******* hax, you are objectively ignoring this section and will play it off as hax only for the sake of an argument. I am not going to continue with someone who continues to ignore the sites rules, either acknowledge them or back off. The reason for scaling is because dream power is what gives Antasma his strength in the first place. He is fodder anywhere else, but the dream world is what literally gives him all of this power.
It's not a Low 2-C feat. Changing a Dream into a Nightmare is not AP, it's just Dream Manipulation hax. You have yet to explain how it scales to Antasma's kicks or beak or wings or his body or even his magic-based attacks in any way, shape, or form. Saying that it is a Low 2-C on repeat won't make it right, it's just stonewalling.

"Significantly affect" is irrelevant when changing a dream into a nightmare is utterly unquantifiable. It's still a Dream World all you show it's thtat he has hax.

I acknowledge the rules of this site, and I will not back off. Again you are acting disrespectfully for no reason.

Yet we consider Rosalina's shield to be Low 2-C, so if shielding someone from a universe resetting is Low 2-C, so is surviving it. Otherwise it is a double standard. You also ignore how it was stated the reset has shooken Bowser and how he was shown to be damaged from the result. He very much survived it like a champ. Not only did he survive the explosion first, but the reset as well.
I'd be fine with downgrading Rosalina's shield if that's what you want!

Other than that, Bowser wasn't shown to be damaged, he was shown to be confused as were Mario and Peach, because they all woke up on the ground whereas before they were in space.

He didn't survive neither the explosion nor the space, only Mario and Peach did because they were shielded, you are ignoring the entire ending of the game and official statements in favor of a headcanon. Again, I'm going to ask you to drop this as you have no evidence.

He can't tank it... what? Are you serious? Are we watching the same thing? He very much tanks the source, maybe the fact he doesn't die and that he can keep getting hit by it as much as he wants would prove his ******* durability. The only way you can actually defeat Bowser is if Mario defeats him.

Yes, he can't tank it. I'll explain it. Getting his ass burnt red isn't tanking, I'm sorry. Look up the definition of the term. If he can't even touch a small portion of the energy used to power the generator without hurting himself then his physical body obviously doesn't scale to the entirety of this power. Nor to the universal destruction the generator's collapse caused.

The answer is that Mario isn't stronger than Amped Bowser because in Mario Galaxy you defeat Bowser by having Bowser burn his ass on the reactor so Bowser is stunned and then hitting him. It's a game mechanic that Bowser is invincible if not stunned first.

It was not, you're still lying holy shit. The very fact that Culex and Wart's range comes from scans that use those sources and are on the profile proves we allow these sources. The argument that the sources was not allowed was never accepted and proven wrong. You cannot switch up what happened.
Culex's rating comes from his in-game dialogue in the Japanese Version of the game. If you recall, in the Culex Thread, using the American Script was rejected as you were exposed as cherrypicking from two completely different scripts to feign validation, as well as Nintendo Power scaling was rejected by multiple staff (Me, Ryukama, Antvasima, Kep, etc.)

Wart comes from Super Mario Bros 2 USA, an american game, and in it we were fine using the American Made manual for scaling. You cannot pretend it is the same as using the Nintendo Power Guide for Super Mario 64, a Japanese Game, while also using Japanese scans for in-game stuff . Either one or another, you can't pick both. And we are going with the original language as we do for the entire wiki.

1. Irrelevant, their own creations scale from their magic as they literally fought during the Pixl Uprising and Merlee stated her power was weak against Mimi, how does it not scale?
Proof that the magic they used to fight the Pixls are the same as the magic tech they used with the Pixls to create worlds. You cannot. Also prove that they created the worlds instantly.

2. The context is that they created other dimensions via their magic, that is not hard to get, there is no basis it was overtime and stems from you just needing an argument. There are several characters who are stated to create universes and are Low 2-C as well. "Those are wrong too" is not an argument if they are already accepted, do not bother. Creating an infinite sized dimension even overtime is not 3-B.
If there's no context for how they did it either then Low 2-C is wrong too for them.

Creating a universe over time is just 3-B as well. It doesn't matter if the universe has space-time, creation over time doesn't scale to the full size.

3. Irony. Because they literally created dimensions prior to making the Pixls. I love it when the guy I am arguing with ignores lore. Perfect.
You showed me no scan for this, and yet you choose to insult me. The statement that they built the Flipside town isn't evidence that they can casually create universes out their butts.

"Flipside is a town between dimensions, created by the Ancients" That's all you have, and that's not a good source for Low 2-C Ancients.

Incorrect, they quite literally say Mario is saving the universe again, which would clearly be ******* talking about something previous.
"Saving the universe" doesn't mean **** all. In the actual game which you always choose to ignore in favor of random unsourced statements we see that the Shadow Queen intended to cover the world (i.e, the planet) in her darkness and then rule it. That's it. We are physically shown it right before the right when the darkness covers every village you visit in the game and the NPCs start saying it's the end of the world.

So no response as to how Mario was never amped like you just claimed? Concession accepted then.
If Mario who is not amped fights a Bowser that is both non-amped and "Amped" by the same method of burning his butt then the amp ******* sucks.

Also the spin punch attack you use to damage Bowser in Galaxy is a move you unlock over the course of the game that Mario normally doesn't, so that also counts as an upgrade for Mario over the course of the game.

One, there’s three. Two, if you wanna use the consistent argument, every character not from either Saint Seiya or One Punch Man stays tier 8 at best.
"Tthis other series should be downplayed too and I will specifically use series that I know my opponent are fans of to try and leverage their emotional attachment to them so they'll agree to my upgrade" is a scummy tactic Cal.

OPM literally has ongoing downgrades and I dare you to try downgrading Saint Seiya.

Do Robot Masters not scale to Mega Man because it’s just gameplay?
You can choose to skip Yuffie’s recruitment. Does she not scale to Cloud and co., because it’s gameplay?
You can choose to skip most of the playable characters in Chrono Cross. Do they not scale due to gameplay?
I would argue that if the skippable player characters in Chrono Cross have no role in the story and therefore no canon feat they don't scale.

We know Yuffie canonically was in Cloud's party so that's a terrible analogy.

"Tthis other series should be downplayed too and I will specifically use series that I know my opponent are fans of to try and leverage their emotional attachment to them so they'll agree to my upgrade" is a scummy tactic Cal.

OPM literally has ongoing downgrades and I dare you to try downgrading Saint Seiya.
Clearly you didn’t read my sentence when I specifically said that those are the only two franchises that WOULDN’T be affected.
And trust me, I would try to downgrade SS. Not because I think it’s wrong but it would shut up your incessant praise of it when the consistency argument comes up.

So what outliers just don't exist now? I will be making the Tier 2 non-amped Batman thread now.

Also I'm sorry but (at least in this thread) I see nothing that should scale Mario to having Tier 2 punches. But if one gets brought up I do think that is an outlier.

Okay so Matt did not make any new aruments that actually tackle what I am saying. This is literal ad nauseum.

Clearly you didn’t read my sentence when I specifically said that those are the only two franchises that WOULDN’T be affected.
And trust me, I would try to downgrade SS. Not because I think it’s wrong but it would shut up your incessant praise of it when the consistency argument comes up.
Then you're admitting that your arguments are not rational but motivated by spite. Cal, you're clearly not thinking straight on this thread with how aggressive you are and how often you're attacking me. I would advice stepping off the computer, grabbing a drink, maybe stretching your limbs or taking a shower before coming back. I respect you and I think you're an intelligent guy, but this is not like you to act.

Okay so Matt did not make any new aruments that actually tackle what I am saying. This is literal ad nauseum.
Because you din't do it either. All your arguments in the OP are flawed and you still haven't addressed my demands for evidence or context.

Also your rebbutal included new flaws and fallacies such as acting like using the American Manual for an USA-made game is comparable to using the Nintendo Power scans for a Japanese Game.

Also when it comes to Super Mario Galaxy, the surface area argument doesn't at all matter since no one besides Rosalina even took a universal explosion in the first place. And even then we don't know if Rosalina used her barriers.

If you're on the 3D axis you won't be hit with the 4D axis part of the attack so it doesn't matter.
What?
Matt I don't even care about Mario's rating but if you get hit by a Low 2-C explosion no matter where or how "small" of a portion it should be Low 2-C
By your logic literally only way to take an attack like that would be already on the 4D axis which is dumb

So what outliers just don't exist now? I will be making the Tier 2 non-amped Batman thread now.

Also I'm sorry but (at least in this thread) I see nothing that should scale Mario to having Tier 2 punches. But if one gets brought up I do think that is an outlier.
Good thing scaling exists. Mario doesn’t have tier 2 feats, but he undoubtedly has durability scaling, as does Wario and Rosalina, unless we’re back in 2012 scaling no longer exists.

Show her using shields.
Show proof she didn't. You're the ones making the upgrade, you need to prove that. Not that I didn't give a reasoning as to why she would. Besides, kindly explain to me, even if she could tank it, why the **** would she let it hurt her? Is Rosalina secretly sadomasochistic?

Also when it comes to Super Mario Galaxy, the surface area argument doesn't at all matter since no one besides Rosalina even took a universal explosion in the first place. And even then we don't know if Rosalina used her barriers.
Again, show me her using barriers. Occam’s Razor implies she doesn’t, as the text that has her shielding Mario and Peach doesn’t mention she shields herself.

Show proof she didn't. You're the ones making the upgrade, you need to prove that. Not that I didn't give a reasoning as to why she would. Besides, kindly explain to me, even if she could tank it, why the **** would she let it hurt her? Is Rosalina secretly sadomasochistic?
I. Don’t. Need. To. Prove. A. Negative.

Also you’re implying that it hurt her.

Good thing scaling exists. Mario doesn’t have tier 2 feats, but he undoubtedly has durability scaling, as does Wario and Rosalina, unless we’re back in 2012 scaling no longer exists.
Mario consistently shows limitations far and far beneath Low 2-C in every game in the franchise over 40 years.

And he has one (That's right one) questionable Low 2-C Durability feat in Super Paper Mario you want to scale all of the series to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back