• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lovecraftian entities in the nasuverse and their usage for powerlevel scaling

i wouldn't really call them similar other then they have tenticles. Heck, there are some weakass monsters in the mythos that could get stomped by Excalibur so I don't rally so how that should be used to disregard what are essentially the same exact statements

tho I do agree we should probably wait for some solid translations

Reppuzan said:
Until the entirety of Salem gets translated I don't see how we can make any inferences on the Outer Gods.

We should not scale them from the actual Cthulhu mythos given that similar cosmic horrors from Prelati's Spellbook got wiped by Excalibur.

sure, we can wait. but i dont think your argument based on FZ is all that relevant. they didnt summon chtulhu or anything like that. not to mention, Cthulhu got done in by a small ass boat to the head. and the half-human son of Yog (meaning, it is the demigod spawn of a high 1-A being) got killed by a random, unremarkeable dog. it got mauled to death inside a library

though, since it came up during this discussion, we really should upgrade Kiara.

lore-wise, it doesnt even make sense to keep her at 5-B considering the other entries on FGO characters.

a nerfed Ishtar has a profile that puts her at 5-B.

Ishtar is a fragment of BB.

Kiara absorbed BB and several other alter egos and after that still got a transformation from Andersen

Cross series scaling does not exist.

Otherwise Shin Megami Tensei would be the most powerful series in fiction due go having Azathoth as a demon that YHVH would be superior to by default.

@Embrace

Beast III is 4-B tho...

"Cthulhu got done in by a small ass boat to the head."

You haven't actually read Call of Cthulhu if you think that.

Cthulhu, while barely corporeal, was stumbling around because the stars weren't aligned. The boat got rammed through his head, he reformed instantly, and went back to sleep.

Sera Loveheart said:

Otherwise Shin Megami Tensei would be the most powerful series in fiction due go having Azathoth as a demon that YHVH would be superior to by default.

@Embrace

Beast III is 4-B tho...
Yugioh would be Tier -9 since Azahoth is a 2400 atk point monster.

Sera Loveheart said:
@DarkLK

Such is the logic of OBD.
I mean that SMT is by no means the only verse where you can use such scaling. Nothing outstanding in the context of all fiction.

Sera Loveheart said:

this isn't really cross series scaling in the conventional sense. This is a series sharing all the same statements

having Azathoth as a conventional "Daemon Sultan" is like having Demigra as the same as a Yokai

so, his physical form did not get dispelled by a small boat and then he didnt bail back to his alcove?

i should ask for my money back if it is that glaring a misprint then...

He wasn't fully formed, he reformed himself from that instantly and then just went back to sleep because the stars weren't right.

I think it's time to give Outer Gods in Nasuverse their Low 1-C/1-C (or above) tier lol)
[true daemon link]
uUDhd3uwiYDzsYMhqnR65qEd2ZqAMhK2HBQExovWtSVk9Tiy94_VU4xzFSvsUu1atcJboBnwdJX1tZ-H2ipNSzkG.jpg

Last edited:
Back