• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Juat be careful to not insert any unnecessary code into the profiles (copy-pasting can cause that for example). That would take me a long time to clean up.

-Aule
-Este
-Irmo
-Mandos
-Manwe
-Nessa
-Nienna
-Oromë
-Tulkas
-Ulmo
-Varda
-Vaire
-Vana
-Yavanna
-Ossë
-Arie
-Eonwe
-Morgoth
-Sauron

And I promise if I incert any unnnesscary code I will do my best to clean it up.

I will message you if I miss some.

Okay. I will see if the script accepts the page titles.

I have unlocked them. Tell me here when you are done.

Also, why did you change back the minor capitalization thing? Regenerationn is always capitalized like that.

Low-Godly: Able to regenerate as long as your disembodied consciousness exists, such as in the form of your soul or mind, or from other realms.

Thatis fine, but their powers are non-corpreality, not non-corpreal.

Also, I agree with the Morgoth upgrade, but I will get to that after a few more revisions.

Non-corporeality, you mean.

I didn't put that, by the way.

The only thing I edited was the minor capitalization in Low-Godly. I didn't notice the other thing.

And okay. I just wanted to know what the consensus was on that, since I provided supporting information.

Okay. You can tell me here when I should lock the pages again.

A few spelling errors. It is called "Stellar" and "non-corporeality"/"non-corporeal".

I would appreciate if you could go through the profiles and fix the spelling errors.

I have been trying to help out in this regard, if that is okay with you @Ant.

I have cleaned up most of the spelling/context errors. I would appreciate it if they weren't changed back, since the pictures are by far better and lean toward the canon of the books, and the definitions are much closer to what is represented in the actual lore.

Okay. Thank you for the help.

I will wait to see if MasterOfArda needs to perform any further edits, and othervise lock the pages again.

You seem to have inserted various unofficial speculative Deviantart fan artist renditions to the pages. I would appreciate if you immediately make an effort to remove all of them, as it will cause me a lot of unnecessary effort othervise.

I can do that. Some of the art is, in fact, official however (used on the Wiki)

The official art used in the LOTR wiki can stay.

I wasn't aware that non-licensed art couldn't be used, however. I apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused, it was just that many of those profiles had barely visible art, not to mention fanart, anyway. Also, the David Day pictures are officially licensed from several official books.

Also, some of the pictures on the LoTR wiki are from Tumblr/DeviantArt as well. (Such as Luthien and Eonwe's old pictures)

Well, for books, I prefer if we use official drawings or ones that have been endorsed by the author, when available.

If they are not available, we can use them in lack of better options, if they are of sufficiently high quality.

For example, Sauron does have an official adaption with the movies. Adding fan guesswork regarding what he might have looked like would only be confusing to the visitors.

Okay, that sounds reasonable. I guess I can take off all the ones that seem more speculative, then. I tried to select good quality-pictures for each profile that I applied those pictures to, though, as well as giving credit to each artist when applicable.

Antvasima said:
A few spelling errors. It is called "Stellar" and "non-corporeality"/"non-corporeal".
I swear I spelled "steller" correctly, I must have started to make mistakes after going through so many pages.

There are still a few more things I need to do, namely:

Check through Gandalf's powers.

Double check my work.

And a couple more things to discuss.

Also non-corpreality makes so much more sense then non-corporeal.

We dont use intangible as a power, we use intangibility

Aeyu said:
Okay, that sounds reasonable. I guess I can take off all the ones that seem more speculative, then. I tried to select good quality-pictures for each profile that I applied those pictures to, though, as well as giving credit to each artist when applicable.
I mean no insult, but I much perfer the old pictures.

Manwe's and Luthien's sepcifically, but many others.

Additionally, if Azathoth is here, there are a couple things I would like to discuss.

Namely, the possibilty of Low 2-C forms for the Maiar.

Manwe's is done by a licensed illustrator, as is Ulmo's and Varda's now.

Luthien's previous picture was blurry and from another DeviantArt page.

This is for the appeal of the biggest audience, personally.

Additionally, Stellar is the correct pronunciation. I mean no offense against you with these changes. The "Godly," part in our regen is always capitalized, as well. Even if such a thing might seem offensive, "God," vs, "god," it is simply to remain consistent with all other pages on the wiki. Clean-ups and what have you.

"Corpreality" is not a word, though. Non-corporeal/corporeality is the correct spelling.

Also, it's simply a wording thing. A character doesn't become intangibility, they become intangible.

As far as the Low 2-C forms for the Maiar, I'm not sure about that. I would put them at High 3-A more myself, since they are more or less smaller aspects of the Ainulindale as a whole, rather than Universal parts of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back