• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lord of the Rings: Feanor upgrade

Okay, from chapter 13 of the Silmarilion, pages 121-122:

Thus it was that he (Feanor) drew far ahead of the van of his host; and seeing this the servants of Morgoth turned to bay, and there issued from Angband Balrogs to aid them. There upon the confines of Dor Daedeloth, the land of Morgoth, Feanor was surrounded, with few friends about him. Long he fought on, and undismayed, though he was wrapped in fire and wounded with many wounds; but at the last he was smitten to the ground by Gothmog, Lord of Balrogs, whom Ecthelion after slew in Gondoli

So Feanor fought for a long time against multiple Balrogs including Gothmog, the most powerful Balrog of all time. He ultimately was killed by Gothmog, but I believe that the fact he was able to hold his own for so long against multiple Balrogs, seemingly fighting evenly with them justifies an upgrade.

Also, Gothmog was slain by Ecthelion, who was one of the Noldor. Feanor's current stats are scaled from Galadriel due to the fact that Tolkien stated Feanor was the strongest of the Noldor, so either way he should be scaled from Ecthelion as well. I propose he be upgraded to high 7-A, Small Island level+, which is the level of the Balrogs.

I can agree with this. I've always thought that Feanor wasn't being accurately portrayed here, i'm happy that someone found the pages from the Silmarilion for it, though.

So i'd say 7-A sounds reasonable.

Actually, from what i remember, Fingolfin was the strongest of the Noldor, but the upgrade still stands.

"The strongest and most valiant of the sons of Finwe" i believe they called Fingolfin.

As Aparajita said, I believe it was Fingolfin who was considered the strongest of the Noldor, especially considering he was able to take on (an albeit severely weakened) Morgoth, but I do agree with the upgrade considering Feanor's fight with multiple Balrogs.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
As Aparajita said, I believe it was Fingolfin who was considered the strongest of the Noldor, especially considering he was able to take on (an albeit severely weakened) Morgoth, but I do agree with the upgrade considering Feanor's fight with multiple Balrogs.
Severely severe xD

Back