• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lord Krishna (Shin Megami Tensei) vs ZeedMilenniumon (Digimon)

Used the power of the "Observation" to rip him from his divinity, immortality, and regen, nullifying them, and then proceeded to kill him.

Tivanenk said:
Used the power of the "Observation" to rip him from his divinity, immortality, and regen, nullifying them, and then proceeded to kill him.
Is this a power Vish has casually?

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Tivanenk said:
Is this a power Vish has casually?
Of course. He's a Godslayer. Even regular humans have it. Godslayers even more so.

Godslayers are something every god wants their hands on, Dagda, the Divine powers, and the Monotheistic characters want to make sure they don't get their hands on one.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Does this bypass absorption?
Yes, once Nanashi awakened to his Godslayer's powers, he obtained a Pierce effect on all of his moves, which bypasses nullification, reflection, and absorption.

The thing about that form of pierce is, in (to my knowledge) every previous MegaTen game, pierce did not get past repel. Nanashi clearly obtained something far more powerful than Hitoshura's or DeSu pierce.

At this point almost every single vote Zeed has is "reasons above" even tho said reasons were countered so much that it should at best lead this to inconclusive results. Since debunked/countered reasons don't count, I don't see how this is going anywhere.

Yes, this is the first time pierce bypassed repel. Nanashi's Awakened Power is greater than the other forms.

While we're at pierce, all of the offensive assist characters get pierce as well. This could be justification for a High 2-A rating(likely 2-A at the very least.....).

To be fair this is true. I think most don't really see your arguments a debunking. Either that or they don't buy the reasoning....Or something like that...I think most are waiting for Reppu to counter this since he is the go to guy for Digimon and knows its hax through and through along with its limits. Plus I'm not good at determinig whether something may be an outlier may not be useful here. Also are piercing attacks just game mechanics? Or are they story based?

Story based. Once Nanashi awakens as the Godslayer in the Cosmic Egg, Dagda is like, "Here, take this power. It's yours." And he obtains the pierce afterwards.

The problem is that said "reasons above" at most make this inconclusive, as Krishna does have means that were explained time and again to get through Zeed's regen, immortality and stuff. The whole "But there was God" thing falls under both speculation and even if true still becomes moot to give this to Zeed because Vishflynn was certain he could beat YHVH who should be comparable to Digimon God. Hence the whole "He should be superior because God, yada yada" gives this fight an inconclusive result at most, not a victory for Zeed.

And again, like Tivanenk pointed out, I've seen very few reasons being given as for why Zeed himself should be able to put down Krish here.

As for the piercing stuff, eh, I'm not worrying too much about them, Vishflynn could always go for the almighty ones which bypass all defenses by default even if he didn't have any piercing effect to begin with.

How does one bypass Regen? If I remember correctly you can indeed heal after getting hit by an Almighty or Piercing attack.

FateAlbane said:
The power of Observation doesn't need the target to be dead in order to work. In the battle against YHVH, they use it during most of the fight in order to reduce him to a state where he can be killed (demonized form), then after that they kill him and he stays dead. The entire match in the peace route is about how you can't possibly truly hurt or kill him while he's on that form, and you have to hax him to a lower "killable" state with the Observation powers.
This. A number of other replies also explain the nature of said power, but I'm not quoting all that.

Define Supernatural in the concepts of both series. Because in Digimon Zeed is not very supernatural.

The very concept of Gods and Demons in SMT verse was a result of the power of Observation being used by humans through the ages, IIRC. I'm pretty certain that they can use it against anything that is not human, going by Stephen's explanation.

VishnuFlynn gets my vote for being stronger than normal Krishna who was deemed such a big threat that Merkabah and Lucifer(two beings on the upper side of 2A) needed to stop fighting to team up and face him, having the Godslayer attribute on top of Almighty attacks, basically being a mix of two Multiversal+ entities, one of which who helped Nanashi beat YHVH and VishnuFlynn is confident that he can take down YHVH by himself.

@FateAlbane

I'm still sort of confused on the whole "Weakened YHVH so that he could be killed" since Matt Schroeder wrote that it was YHVH's stronger form.

Observation is also described on the Shin Megami Tensei wiki as, "the ability to give form to their thoughts and beliefs", but while I'm taking your word for it, I'm not sure if it'll work exactly the same way you described.

@Sage God Slayer

Zeed is still more than capable of stomping the Mother Eater and all of the Demon Lords who are on the higher end of 2-A in their true forms. The X > Y and Z argument isn't flying that easily.

Back