• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Looking for a Fight: Garou vs Shura

Andytrenom said:
So we know that Kuda Spirit Shura can blitz people normally comparable to him but, can he blitz someone normally 3 times faster than him?
Garou is more than 3 times faster, Garou blitz people who move 3 times faster Shura.

So yea, I vote Garou for speed advantage, attack reflection, stat amp, and accelerated development

Dunno if speed needs to be equalized tbh, Shura has the AP advantage and can increase that AP and his speed instantly and also one shot Garou according to what you said, making speed equal would take away a decent advantage for Garou.

Mkay, in that case Shura should still take this just with more difficulty and he will end up needing to go Kuda to stop getting blitzed to hell and back.

Garou's speed advantage kinda defeats his stat amp and acceletated development as he has nothing he needs to adapt to. Attack reflection still doesnt do anything here.

Stat amp doesn't just boost his speed, it boost his AP and DB as well.

Don't see how Attack reflection does nothing when Shura is mostly a CQC fighter

His attack reflection can deal with Close Quarter Combat, but it's just based on punching it or slipping it away, it's not like he could deflect an extremely sharp object durable enough to hit him, or a punch much stronger than him.

If Garou is fast enough to avoid everything Shura throws at him in his base form how and why would he feel the need to amp his AP

His attack reflection isnt reflecting an attack much stronger than himself

So, how powerful is this Stickman with his Kuda, i have a general idea of how strong his base is.

@ByAsura Garou can reflect attacks that could one shot him as seen when he fought Metal Bat.

@WeeklyBattles It's basically passive after the first hit.

I'm going to watch that fight to see, but i'm pretty sure he only did that when he couldn't one shot him, and garou slipped around him.

I already showed how he did it, here is right after, he explained it as Metal Bat having little skill.

Doesn't matter how he did it, it was the same thing that he did when he was deflecting Death Gatling's bullets, and since Metal Bat can one-shot Garou, Metal Bat's attacks lacking skill doesn't matter doesn't matter with the force difference.

It's not the same, he didn't directly block it, and he did so with Bang's moves. Garou says himself that he didn't get directly hit.

@That

He did, but his hands were f***ed.

@ByAsura Garou deflected Metal Bats attacks, Him not getting damage doesn't matter.He was backed up into a spot where he couldn't move and Metal Bat used Savage tornado and Garou was shown to deflect the attack as seen when the environment was getting damaged instead of him.

Again, he didn't directly get hit, he subsided them because Metal Bat had so little skill, look here, he didn't hit him "for real". Stickman has a fairly good amount of skill, and can amplify his attacks.

Not getting hit doesn't mean he didn't deflect the attacks and Metal Bat having little skill shouldn't allow Garou to deflect his attacks.The point is Garou deflected Metal Bat's attacks and Metal Bat was repeatedly stated or implied to one shot Garou.Which shows Garou can deflect attacks from someone who can one-shot him.

You aren't even listening at this point. It was pure skill, Garou says so, it doesn't matter he can deflect his attacks, he didn't deflect them directly, and stickman likely has the skill to evade it.

I'm going to be gone for a bit.

I don't know how you don't get what I am saying.Garou deflected Metal Bat's hits,of course skill is involved, I never said it wasn't the reason he deflected the attacks but Garou being able to deflect attacks from someone who can one-shot him was the point, this is what I was countering:"His attack reflection isn't reflecting an attack much stronger than himself". Skill is a different point in this discussion

Yes, i get what you're saying, what i'm saying is it doesn't matter in this fight, he did it with pure skill, he states this himself, skill isn't a different matter, especially because Stickman has a ton of skill.

Yea, because depending on the opponent, skill will allow them to bypass Garou's reflection I get that, I already knew that.

I think I'll put my money on Garou.

Base Shura is not strong enough to immediately KO Garou so if he manages to evade the former's amped attacks, he should be able to put his speed advantage to good use and eventually defeat the stickman.

As for whether Garou will manage to dodge those attacks, Garou's reaction to a surprise attack is always to dodge as seen against Golden Ball and Genos; he also has precognition for reading Shura's moves and finally Garou isn't stupid, he will realize that Shura is stronger than him very early in the match and know to get out of the way when he sees him charging up for a finishing move.

So here's my opinion, It is in character for Garou to try and dodge Kuda Spirit attacks, he has the ability to dodge those attacks and his speed advantage will allow him to ultimately win, if he proves able to dodge the more dangerous of Shura's moves.

I cast my vote for Garou based on Andy's reasons. You also gotta remember the feat with Death Gattling was after he did a reversal on a group of heroes ganging up on him, supposedly at the ends of his stamina, ill and poisoned. I'm having trouble thinking that with the speed advantage and quick adaptability, he's just not gonna get used to Shura as well.

Back