• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Logic on VsBattles and overall credibility of fictional capability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite various fictional stories having dozens to even hundred of logical inconsistencies, why do so many people still feel the desire to pit two characters against each other in a fight? This site has tons of flaws, namely in it's tiering system, and the way they have characters of unknown fighting capabilities participating in fights.

It's just outright misleading, harbors unrest and anger within the fanbase associated with them, and fosters a great amount of revisions needed to be done in the future. My greatest example being Saitama fighting over a dozen and a half characters in hypothetical versus matches and with people coming up with decisive answers to the fight.

If a man does 100 pushups, situps and a 10km run everyday, it would be stupid to pit a character in a fight against said guy who was able to win a fight against a planet busting creature, and have yet to show anywhere near his limit. Limitless power, or power at least far exceeding his own has even been hinted at Saitama for heavensake, he fought a three characters referencing One Piece (Sea King) and Dragon Ball (Vaccine Man and Lord Boros), which obviously hints at the fact that it doesn't matter who his opponent.

My point with this post is unless a character has shown an explicit physical or mental limitation to a great extent, they SHOULDN'T be allowed to even participate in certain matchups regarding characters of a higher AP than the former, as this doesn't benefit what this site is really going for in terms of credibility and accuracy.

'At least X-B' tier doesn't cut it when fights are still being held at that vague and ambiguous level.

"Despite various fictional stories having dozens to even hundred of logical inconsistencies, why do so many people still feel the desire to pit two characters against each other in a fight?"

Because, people enjoy vs matches and have the right to put two characters against each other? We aren't the only site that does this.

" This site has tons of flaws, namely in it's tiering system, and the way they have characters of unknown fighting capabilities participating in fights"

You know, you can't just make that claim and not provide examples and evidence. I know you later provide a Saitama example, but as you'll see below, your argument and reasoning is heavily flawed

"If a man does 100 pushups, situps and a 10km run everyday, it would be stupid to pit a character in a fight against said guy who was able to win a fight against a planet busting creature, and have yet to show anywhere near his limit. Limitless power"

Not being shown a limit =/= limitless. This just means no one in his story has pushed him to a limit. We go by what we have seen.

"he fought a three characters referencing One Piece (Sea King) and Dragon Ball (Vaccine Man and Lord Boros), which obviously hints at the fact that it doesn't matter who his opponent."

Love that No Limits Fallacy. Being based upon another series or being an homage =/= they are comparable to those characters.

"My point with this post is unless a character has shown an explicit physical or mental limitation to a great extent, they SHOULDN'T be allowed to even participate in certain matchups regarding characters of a higher AP than the former, as this doesn't benefit what this site is really going for in terms of credibility and accuracy."

We already do that? Unless the characters have hax to balance things out, no one fights anyone with absurd levels of AP against them. We have AP stomps for a reason. And whether they have shown limits or not does not matter. Once again, we are not the only vs site in the world and many people have gone over the fallacies around Saitama arguments

"'At least X-B' tier doesn't cut it when fights are still being held at that vague and ambiguous level."

It does as it says "this characters' current highest feat is this, but they could be much higher".

...Because it is fun? You may not like the act of vs debating, but plenty of us do. Also, complaining about how we run the wiki is like you walking into Starbucks and going "You guys suck and should instead serve t3a or else 1m gonna g3t tr1ggered."

It is also just a fun hobby. Even if you dont like how we rank some characters (Oh boy do I have alot of stuff to say about Nintendo and SMT.) I am here for fun, and to improve my debating skills. Sure, our system is not perfect. But it doesnt have to be. Try it sometime, you might like it. Assuming you are not the easily triggered. Also, if you want to be practical. Roam around for a bit and read the debates themselves. This site helps boost logical reasoning and debating skills, both of which help you in the political and real life spheres. The more you know. Tldr; We like it, we know it is not perfect, we just love debating. Complaining about how we do things will also not make us change a darn thing. (Well unless you have a valid complaint, like for example merging small tiers together, or how we mathematically rate Solar System Level etc.

Yobo Blue said:
This, Truth is, nothing is flawless. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What you think is perfect is what someone may detest with a burning passion. What someone would argue is a perfect utopia may be someones dystopia. It is all subjective. But hey, Saitama has canonically no limits. Guess he is omnipotent boys. Better pack up and make that CRT.

Yes, people are allowed to relax and have fun with silly things if they wish, and we can't really do any more than our best to try to make the profiles as reliable as possible.

Buddy, it's a hobby. Just because you don't get it doesn't make it invalid somehow. I don't get the point of baseball, I don't understand how running in circles after hitting a ball is fun, but that doesn't mean I'll go up to a baseball team and say "Your sport makes no sense, stop playing it." People enjoy what they enjoy.

What even is this thread? And it doesn't even sound like a Content Revision. But yeah, DragonMaster said it best, Vs Debating is just for fun and the site exists to give an educational background on various characters and verses. It's not about giving favorite characters or verses special treatment over other characters or verses, it's about indexing them with reliable information. And having a favorite character lose is nothing to get so upset over, people should be allowed to relax and have fun.

In that case, it sounds like it's best to close the thread given how nonsensical it is. All in favor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back