• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Anyway, I'm heading offline for now but to help get resolution on this I will make a CRT to discuss whether we should revise our pages for intangibility & regeneration.
@Damage3245

I was told you made a calc for Doflamingo’s feat of stopping Issho’s meteor’s KE. If that is true, could you provide me a link please?

Ahem, so what conclusions we reached? Marco isn't fire, elemental intan needs a revision, Haki keeps high-mid regen null, anything else?

I already commented, but as Damage basically said; it's not a standard assumption that characters who can transform themselves have regeneration. Some characters who can turn into water or characters having bodies made of water are just elemental intangibility; not regeneration. Same with other elements such as fire. It's also for that reason we don't consider characters with the ability to Mass-Energy convert themselves and travel characters with High Regeneration. Although, burning someone until their is nothing left of them but fire and then regenerating from that would be an example of regeneration on a Mid-High level; but it doesn't count if they simply can just transmute themselves into bodies of fire.

If someone was also having their bodies mostly destroyed and are able to regenerate their entire bodies from small drops of water; that would be Low-High regeneration. Or incinerated till were there only a few tiny candle lits of fire remaining and they regenerate their entire bodies from that also seems like Mid-High. It's a case by case thing, but we tend to be reluctant to give regeneration to those who shape shift their bodies if they're like roughly the same mass/volume.

I strongly agree with Medeus.

So what should each of the logia characters have their regeneration levels changed to based on what they have actually displayed in practice?

but it doesn't count if they simply can just transmute themselves into bodies of fire.
That’s why i believe a crt should be made.

Elemental intangibility should not be treated the same way as normal intangibility like shadowcat, especially because many users who can turn their bodies into an element are able to generate more of whatever they are made (just like normal regeneration users can generate more of what they are made of, which is flesh).

Using shadowcat as an example, she is an intangibility user who does not have regeneration in her profile, and that makes total sense, unlike a transformed logia she can’t generate more of what she is made of, she is just intangible.

that’s why i believe we should differentiate biological regen to elemental regen, even if they work on the exact some logic. After all, the word “regeneration” means to generate something again, it was never limited to just flesh, it’s much broader than just “healing factor”.

Back