• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Logan Paul Profile Deletion (Potentially the WWE-verse with it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Logan Paul in general is a controversial person, and we did have a previous thread about it. And while we do allow WWE profiles due to them being scripted plots and what not with the wrestlers being characters, Logan Paul cameo is similar to making Trump cameos from Family Guy which we agreed to be too controversial. So I do agree with the deletion.

Logan Paul isn't really a cameo anymore, since he participated in WrestleMania
This

Logan Paul still has a multi-year contract with WWE, so it's not like he's a cameo character since nowadays he's just straight up had multiple fights and appeared in the biggest wrestling event for WWE, it's less a stage persona and more a literal series with lore and shit and Logan Paul is a new addition to an ever-rotating roster

The question there, really, is "Do we consider WWE, a verse comprised solely of stage cameos and shownames, a legitimate verse?"

We have rules against such things but most people have preferred in the past to classify it as a special exception.

For my part, I would rather see it gone.

With regards to WWE and professional wrestling in general, I've always been neutral with its inclusion to the wiki.

On one hand, I would insist that professional wrestling is its own medium of "fictional" material, with WWE, AEW, NJPW, etc. as "verses". Professional wrestlers often play characters, similar to actors.

On the other hand, professional wrestling is a unique media where what is real and what isn't is often blurred, and there are many instances where professional wrestlers' characters are merely extensions or exaggerations of their own selves. In Paul Logan's case, there isn't really much of a difference between "Pro-Wrestler Logan Paul" and Logan Paul in real life, other than Logan Paul leaning on his professional wrestler status to dampen the controversies he's involved in during recent times.

Going further, Logan Paul is barely a character in WWE, despite being signed for a long-term deal, basically doesn't work there full-time.
I'm not sure what rules this wiki and the Fandom have, but we know Logan Paul has been consistently involved in controversial issues like his supposed mishandling of his pet pig and the Cryptozoo scam.

In short, I'm not pushing for Logan Paul profile removal, but it would probably be fine regardless if it is removed or not.

The question there, really, is "Do we consider WWE, a verse comprised solely of stage cameos and shownames, a legitimate verse?"

We have rules against such things but most people have preferred in the past to classify it as a special exception.

This makes sense to me. And ditto for the SCP Foundation, which isn't a legitimate story, just a bunch of fact sheets, as far as I am aware.

This makes sense to me. And ditto for the SCP Foundation, which isn't a legitimate story, just a bunch of fact sheets, as far as I am aware.
While I do not make it a secret about my recent distaste for us maintaining SCP, it really isn't similar at all to the WWE situation, I think.

While I do not make it a secret about my recent distaste for us maintaining SCP, it really isn't similar at all to the WWE situation, I think.
No it isn't. They are inappropriate for very different reasons.

I feel like if we’re talking about JUST the Logan profile, I guess I’m neutral, but for the entirety of WWE god no.

I have a lot to say about how this wiki treats stage personas, and why most can be allowed. But this isn’t the place, nor do I know how to word it efficiently and to the point without rambling.

No it isn't. They are inappropriate for very different reasons.
Then why bring it up, lol. There's absolutely no point and you're just derailing the thread.

Deletion seems fine though, reality and fiction are often very blurred within the WWE and Logan himself as a figure is probably too controversial.

Imagine RandomGuy2345 waking up and his reaction on Logan's profile being deleted
Anyways let him at least show up alright I'm sure he has something to say.

Just a heads up, it actually is a double standard that we are allowing WWE profiles but not allowing certain YouTube personas such as the AVGN. Even the AVGN actually has a multitude of original characters with original personalities even ones played by the same person and they have their own in universe feats to look at. All his episodes also have scripts, which the wresting scenes being "Scripted events" was the reason we even decided to allow WWE profiles in the first place. The Nerd has a lot of Wall level feats via ripping some characters apart and is probably his most frequent portrayal (Also no one resorted to cross scaling) and I can name videos where he legit performed feats that are Low 2-C (He did one in Earthbound. Which is Low 2-C if we exclude cross scaling as the specific feat is mentioned in the actual video. And he also created a parallel universe with an infinite timeloop with the intention of forcing himself to play Majora's Mask in his Majora's Mask video). And the AVGN series actually has multiversal lore if anyone has either played his two games or watched his movie, or even watched some of his videos such as his Mega Man one or the Barenstain Bears one. Sure most of the videos he makes over the years are just about reviewing games, but it does have a lot of external stuff that is considerably a lot more index than anything any Professional Wrestling show has ever dished out.

Not proposing to make one aside from at least allowing the AVGN Adventures game series to have profiles, only that I'm against allowing this while simultaneously rejecting this verse.

I agree that celebrity cameos in WWE should likely not be indexed, even if they happen repeatedly.

I talked about this in the original thread regarding Logan Paul.

WWE is ultimately a scripted story about stuff and Logan Paul has appeared in enough wrestling material to not just be a cameo or cheeky reference like Chucky or Robo-Cop. He'd be allowed for the same reason any YouTube sketch person or Wrestling profile is allowed to exist.

I agree that celebrity cameos in WWE should likely not be indexed, even if they happen repeatedly.
What if a WWE wrestler becomes a celebrity?
(Dwayne the rock Johnson did in early 2000s) and currently many are doing.

Rumors are current Champion Roman Reigns will leave WWE in a couple of years to go to Hollywood with his cousin Dwayne The Rock Johnson.
..... Would Romans profile be deleted then ?
Cause obviously Roman will appear in both WWE and Hollywood.
WWE are preparing him for that spot he even starting doing demos for Hollywood movies a while back. (WWE goal is to make him a megastar in both WWE and in Hollywood simultaneously)

WWE active wrestlers such as The Miz appears in Hollywood Marine movies as well ?

So all these profiles gets deleted ?
What if WWE champion Bautista comes back ?
He is Dax the Destroyer in Marvel movies.

In short WWE and Hollywood are directly related.
In fact this years biggest show WRESTLEMANIA was called WRESTLEMANIA GOES TO HOLLYWOOD (As the official name for the show)

Snoop Dogg himself defeated the Miz on WrestleMania in front of 70,000+ people.

WWE = Hollywood and their wrestlers themselves are part of Hollywood movies.

New world heavyweight champion. Seth Rollins THIS WEEK was confirmed in Captain America

Last edited:
Aight, I’ll put my two cents in this. I do not think it’s fair to compare Logan Paul to Caleb. Logan Paul is a well established wrestler in WWE despite being a part timer (his whole shtick in his rivalry with Seth was “I work smarter and got to this level”). I think one thing people don’t know is that his longest inactivity was due to his injuries. He started off in a tag match with Miz, to then beating the Miz to then challenging Roman Reigns to then being injured and then returning to the Rumble to then facing Rollins at Mania. All in a span of a year. Also, WWE references backgrounds all the time, like UFC and boxing, movies almost all the time, and YouTube channels like UpUpDownDown and Celtic Workouts.

I don't think scripted stories and references for stage personas is sufficient, in my opinion, to distinguish them. I also don't think pointing to a number of other real people that have taken part is a particularly good argument in favor of keeping them.

I'm still opposed.

If y'all want my honest opinion, I can somewhat see the complaints about having a Logan Paul profile. He's a very controversial figure, and he borders on being considered a 'celebrity' in the Pro Wrestling world with people like Donald Trump, Floyd Mayweather, and Snoop Dogg.

However, he's not one of those one-off cameo people. He's already competed in multiple matches, and he just recently resigned his contract with the WWE (I believe it was a multi-year contract). The only reason why he hasn't competed as much as the main roster guys is because he got injured after his match with Roman Reigns.

So in general, I'm mostly neutral on the deletion of the Logan Paul profile. Imho, I think he meets the credentials for having a profile here, but I can see the problem in having a controversial figure like Logan Paul in VSBW.

At the same time though, we've already came to a consensus on a previous thread about a Logan Paul profile, and we decided to keep the profile locked for safety purposes, so I don't know why we're having this conversation again.

Also, for the love of God don't delete the whole entire Pro Wrestling verse. They're real people playing fictional personas. By this logic, all of the live action shit we have on this wiki should be yeeted as well since they're also real people playing fictional personas. I guarantee this thread would've been closed already if this was a "MCU Removal Thread".

WWE is not equal to movies, for sure. Vin Diesel's stage persona is not Dominic Toretto, Tom Holland's stage persona is not Spiderman- these are characters they are hired to play. It is not equivalent to the Undertaker, which is just Mark William Callaway. For a common sense difference: if you look at Vin Diesel's wikipedia page, nowhere would it mention "also known as Dominic Toretto, Shane Wolfe, etc, etc". It would say that for a WWE performer, however.

It is just those guys as their stage personas.

It is no different to CalebCity, AngryVideoGameNerd, etc etc.

There is no difference, and we should not have either.

I disagree with the removal. If he fought multiple times, wouldn't he be beyond a oneoff? As for contraversy far more questionable people play fictional characters on the wiki .

That is not the point.

Logan Paul in general is a controversial person, and we did have a previous thread about it. And while we do allow WWE profiles due to them being scripted plots and what not with the wrestlers being characters, Logan Paul cameo is similar to making Trump cameos from Family Guy which we agreed to be too controversial. So I do agree with the deletion.
ARE WE DELETING PROFILES BECAUSE THEY'RE ******* CANCELLED??? This is an amazing time for VSBW ngl

WWE is not equal to movies, for sure. Vin Diesel's stage persona is not Dominic Toretto, Tom Holland's stage persona is not Spiderman- these are characters they are hired to play. It is not equivalent to the Undertaker, which is just Mark William Callaway. For a common sense difference: if you look at Vin Diesel's wikipedia page, nowhere would it mention "also known as Dominic Toretto, Shane Wolfe, etc, etc". It would say that for a WWE performer, however.

It is just those guys as their stage personas.

It is no different to CalebCity, AngryVideoGameNerd, etc etc.

There is no difference, and we should not have either.
AVGN: In general, James Rolfe doesn't really focus on stories, sure there are certain reaccuring enemies like Bugs Bunny, but that brings its own bundle of issues since... well I don't think Warner Bros wants one of their Stars being portrayed like even more of a bastard then he already is and getting his ass beat- getting back on topic, AVGN has no story(Only occasional callbacks to past episodes is the most you get and is really just a persona, since, while it's an extreme of Rolfe(See him playing his own kids' Mario maker levels), it isn't exactly how he actually acts.

I can't speak on CalebCity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back