• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The now overdue Calebcity profile creation

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem I have with his 2-C feat is do we know how much universes he destroyed and if he did it one by one

I'm not sure about the second part of the justification for the plot manipulation resistance
In the video when the story isn't progressing it's in the context that it won't move unless he answers the questions asked so him "restarting the plot of the story" is just him answering the question like he's supposed to so I'm not sure if that part applicable in the explanation.

He can't just force the plot to move in of itself through some resistance/negation he's just answering the question which automatically does that.

Like the end of the video is him literally lamenting the fact that the driver(NPC) asked him for his social security number and since he doesn't want to answer he is stuck

I'm not sure about the second part of the justification for the plot manipulation resistance

In the video when the story isn't progressing it's in the context that it won't move unless he answers the questions asked so him "restarting the plot of the story" is just him answering the question like he's supposed to so I'm not sure if that part applicable in the explanation.

He can't just force the plot to move in of itself through some resistance/negation he's just answering the question which automatically does that.

Like the end of the video is him literally lamenting the fact that the driver(NPC) asked him for his social security number and since he doesn't want to answer he is stuck
It’s based on the driver willingly letting the plot progress once he answers the question. He stopped the plot and restarts it when he gets what he wants.

It’s based on the driver willingly letting the plot progress once he answers the question. He stopped the plot and restarts it when he gets what he wants.
Can that even be considered a specific power of the driver in of itself? Cause to me it seems more like just a mechanic of the gameworld setting they are in since the video title is literally "Games where the world stops during dialogue."

Can that even be considered a specific power of the driver in of itself? Cause to me it seems more like just a mechanic of the gameworld setting they are in since the video title is literally "Games where the world stops during dialogue."
I mean the scene is implying that the world is stopping because of what the driver is doing, since it can’t progress unless the driver’s questions are answered.

I mean the scene is implying that the world is stopping because of what the driver is doing, since it can’t progress unless the driver’s questions are answered.
To me it seem more like based off the title, the stopping is just an inherent part of the game world when game dialogue happens but by the end the driver takes advantage of the fact by asking a question he wants the answer to so Kaleb is screwed over

Don't shoot your own foot.

This is WoG, and the merch is called King CALEB, it's absolutely canon that the King is caleb
Nah yeah that's why I deleted it I read what you said wrong the King is Caleb I just thought you were saying he isn't caleb

Yeah I think you are pushing it a bit here, that's clearly Caleb (the real guy) not a character he is playing lol
Yeah, this is the writer of the skits stating and showing that the King is the character Caleb, as the merch is called King Caleb.
It's WoG and canon.

You do realize it's supporting the OP right?

To me it seem more like based off the title, the stopping is just an inherent part of the game world when game dialogue happens but by the end the driver takes advantage of the fact by asking a question he wants the answer to so Kaleb is screwed over
Yeah but the driver is still the one causing it to happen by asking the question, so I guess you could say it’s more like Caleb abusing the game rules to his advantage, but he’s still affecting it.

This might be relevant to the topic

"The video where I play as a king"
seems to imply the King at least is Caleb​

Yeah this is extremely good evidence as well.

Caleb stating he is 'playing' as the king infers he also 'plays' as the other characters as well. Which based on the other context supports him being every character in every video and possessing all the abilities they have.

It also gives further proof that the character is an actual character. The guy is also officially named "King Caleb" which provides more proof of everyone being Caleb.

Yeah this is extremely good evidence as well.

Caleb stating he is 'playing' as the king infers he also 'plays' as the other characters as well. Which based on the other context supports him being every character in every video and possessing all the abilities they have.

It also gives further proof that the character is an actual character.
Yeah agreed and again sorry @The_Yellow_Topaz I read your message wrong, there's just A LOT of attention in this thread and its high key a little exhausting

The usual thread was never THIS active

I am afraid that I agree with DMUA and Ovens here. We do not and should not allow stage personas of real world people and also do not allow composite characters across multiple roles for the same actors.

So you do admit that it's characters, plural, and we shouldn't just ram every single power and ability onto a single profile?

It’s “characters” that are all played by one character, who is played by an actor. The profile is for the character who plays other characters that’s being played by an actor, not a profile for the actor who is playing multiple characters

This feels more like it belongs on Joke Battles Wiki to be honest...

I don't see a good reason for this to literally be a single composite character.

This feels more like it belongs on Joke Battles Wiki to be honest...
(It already is, for reference)

It’s “characters” that are all played by one character, who is played by an actor.
Caleb (the guy) pretty clearly distinguishes the king as one of the characters that he, the actor, plays. He doesn't add this weird layer of separation and saying "actually in universe all of them are the exact same person"

So you do admit that it's characters, plural, and we shouldn't just ram every single power and ability onto a single profile?
I am simply stating he is all the characters, all the characters are himself, they are all the same guy. They are simply different duplicates that Caleb can create.

Not sure why you're trying to pull some "gotcha" moment here. It's been the same argument from the beginning.

Could you at least do the courtesy of responding to the message made 3 minutes before your post directly contesting that
Your message wasn't visible when I had the thread up.

But it being a "character playing other charaters" is a weird reach to me. If the "true" charactere here is just an actor/video producer then who's to say they even have any abilities at all and the "feats" are not just the product of video editing and acting?

Your message wasn't visible when I had the thread up.

But it being a "character playing other charaters" is a weird reach to me. If the "true" charactere here is just an actor/video producer then who's to say they even have any abilities at all and the "feats" are not just the product of video editing and acting?
We aren't indexing the human editor.

We are indexing Caleb as he appears in his own content, who has proof of being every single duplicate. It's literally in the main piece of evidence provided.

Caleb (the guy) pretty clearly distinguishes the king as one of the characters that he, the actor, plays. He doesn't add this weird layer of separation and saying "actually in universe all of them are the exact same person"
The very first justification quite clearly shows that fictional Caleb is the one canonically making the videos, that alone would be enough, but on top of that there’s stuff with his clones, another fictional Caleb acknowledging he talks to himself, the characters being meta with the same name, and the fact that non Caleb actors occasionally appear to begin with kind supports that the others really are just the same person
It’s really not a reach like you seem to think it is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back