• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Living Tribunal vs Oblivion

I'd go with the living tribunal. Since he is now 1-A, it's more believable for him to be above all Abstract entities, including oblivion, like guides have him. The only reason we believed oblivion to be > the living Tribune in the first place was because of the fact that he was stated to be beyondone space and time, was it not?

Ovrhide said:
I'd go with the living tribunal. Since he is now 1-A, it's more believable for him to be above all Abstract entities, including oblivion, like guides have him. The only reason we believed oblivion to be > the living Tribune in the first place was because of the fact that he was stated to be beyondone space and time, was it not?
Not really TLT stated to exist since the multiverse came, the oblivion stated to exist before the multiverse came along.

Here some explanations for my opinion: (wrote it before)

"My bet is that oblivion should be above LT.

since the handbook claims that TLT is superior to oblivion we can simply decide that it's true by the statement but as far as I aware Oblivion isn't part of the existence and has no need in it unlike Eternity or Infinity who are the abstract of time and space (if I'm not wrong) while oblivion is relying on nothing he's the true form of nothingness and as we know from the handbook that "The living tribunal is a vastly powerful conceptual being, one who has existed since the multiverse came into being".

while Oblivion stated that he is here before and will be after the existence will be gone.

What means from my logical perspective that TLT is above existing but still bound to it if the existence has gone he will with it otherwise he wouldn't fulfill his purpose (to judge the multiverse), I really not sure why TLT got 1-A as he is the judge of the multiverse (existence) and bound to it at some point.

So because of all that i tend to believe it...I really can't find a good source to rely on right now so... I only can give you my opinion about it..."

Being older does not necesairly mean being stronger.

Oblivion surving can just be attributed to his fiction as the embodiment of nothing instead of strength

You're right i never said so, i just said that logically a being who should control or be above any other being most likely to be exist before all the other beings...

Again it's just my opinion there's no reliable source that explains fully this thread... therefore everything we saying here is only at opinion level...

I hope people realize that The Living Tribunal is only High 1-B to Oblivion's 1-A. You know, a bigger power difference than 10-B and High 1-B. Unless a CRT happens, this is a pretty massive mismatch (And after the massive thread that downgraded him in the first place I doubt this will happen).

Planck69 said:
I hope people realize that The Living Tribunal is only High 1-B to Oblivion's 1-A. You know, a bigger power difference than 10-B and High 1-B. Unless a CRT happens, this is a pretty massive mismatch (And after the massive thread that downgraded him in the first place I doubt this will happen).
i hope you realize that this was when living tribunal was 1A him self

If were scaling off of when the thread was made then LT would prolly win but Nowadays Oblivion would smash due to being a 1-A and the whole hierarchy being sorted out

Back