• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Live a Live Profiles

GyroNutz

VS Battles
Administrator
Anybody here willing to help out with character profiles for the SNES RPG game Live a Live?

Over the past few weeks, I've been compiling potential feats, calced some and made drafts for 3 of the profiles (working on my fourth now). I'd appreciate feedback from anyone who has played the game especially, but even if you haven't then proofreading my draft profiles found here/helping out with calculations would be really helpful, and I'd seriously appreciate it.

Quick note: Yes, there are currently Live a Live profiles on the wiki, but they are all inconsistent with each other with many unjustified or straight up false statistics. Akira's profile is decent, in all fairness.

Great! By any chance, have you played Live a Live before?

No! I literally listened to one song and saw basically spoilers to the entire plot, but otherwise I know nothing! But I'll support you in any way I can!

Oersted's tabber descriptions are kinda spoilery too if you wanna avoid spoilers, but apart from that could you proofread the draft profiles so far (linked in the OP)? Again, your help is really appreciated.

Oof. Speaking of spoilers, do you think I should put a spoiler warning on Oersted's profile?

It's a really old game, so I don't think one usually does unless basically the entire file is a huge spoiler.

Fair point. It's pretty obscure too, so it should be alright without a warning

Alright, I'm gonna try and finish Oersted's and Pogo's profiles by tomorrow. Thing is, Oersted has some potentially controversial abilities, so to make sure that the profile doesn't become questionable to some, I wanna make the profile, but with either a 'references' section at the bottom, like how DontTalk does it, or by explaining each power and ability seperately. Which would be better?

The abilities that will need more explaining won't really fit in a Notable Attacks/Techniques section. It's more to do with his state of being, e.g., his omnipresence

Ok, so AP. Right now, the top tiers don't have anything accepted that they scale to. There are, however, a few top end feats.

1) Odio violently shakes a mountai.

2) The Xin Shan Quan master shakes a mountai, that is above cloud level, with his final technique. Top tiers scale as the Xin Shan Quan pupil can use this final technique as their level 16 move.

3) A Liquified Humans' steps shook a room, its PK cannon fires multiple lightning bolts and its vaporiser bomb is both stronger than Napalm Bombs and strong enough to shake a building. Odeo absorbed 2000 liquified humans.

4) Random fodder in the final chapter can use Earthquake, and according to Dark, an earthquake would have to be at least magnitude 6 to harm someone, making it 7-C.

Notes: The top tiers would scale to Odeo, as although Akira needed Buriki Daioh to even fight Odeo, it is just an incarnation of Odio, making it comparable, if not weaker than Pure Odio who the heroes fought. They powered up since the end of their respective chapters, so it wouldn't be an outlier either.

Each of the heroes can harm Pure Odio, so they all get a 'Final Chapter' key with the given rating.

bump

I've added Straybow's profile to the blog, improved upon Oersted's and updated all but Sundown's AP and dura.

bump

I've begun to add Masaru's profile to the blog. Question: Would someone who is stated to be the strongest man in the world be scaled to Composite Human in terms of AP?

I don't think so, but it would probably be a solid 9-C. Unless there's a stronger character he can upscale from.

None in his chapter. Masaru's only 'feats' are beating people who are claimed to be some of the strongest fighters in the world, along with beating a guy who could do the same.

Alright. The only thing that could potentially get Masaru a higher rating would be his ultimate move, Earth Rending Fury. I'll try and get a clip of it as and when I can

Not really 'being removed'. Odio will still have 2-C armageddon, it's just that armageddon should be treated as a unique attack that doesn't scale to Odio physically.

bump

I added Hash's, Gori's and O-Robo's profiles to the blog. Hoping to add Zaki, Uranus, Ryoma and Bel to the blog, as well as update all notable attacks/techniques sections. Cube'll be harder to add since I have to do a lot of in-game grinding to get all his possible moves, and the only source I found that listed his moves are the direct japanese translations rather than the ones used in the fan translation.

I'd appreciate more input about what to rate final chapter characters, since that's the only thing stopping the main profiles from being added rn (that and calcs need evaluating)

Hmm ... the final boss is Odio who should be above all the previous bosses since he has the empowered version of the final bosses as his avatars.

Yeah I agree. Plus after defeating Odio, you go on to single-handedly beat Odio's 7 incarnations.

Should we rate Odio and all those who scale 'At least 7-C' for now, for scaling above fodder who can cause damaging earthquakes + for scaling above Buriki Daioh's town shaking feat as well as to Odio's own mountain shaking feat?

Well, yes they should be above the highest feat in the story sans obliviously the armageddon one.

Idk if shaking a mountain would be higher than 7-C, but it seems like a fair rating for now

bump

Do you guys think the Live a Live cast (for final chapter characters) could be SoL? This mainly comes from Cube and OD-10.

Cube has an accessory called the 100V laser. When equipped, it allows him to use the move '100V laser'. Characters in the final chapter can dodge this attack at point blank. As for the attack being real light,

• It comes from a reliable source of light (it is a literal laser, like the ones we use today)
  • The move's description is that it is a 'piercing beam of light'.
  • Far weaker characters can dodge lightning, so it wouldn't really be an outlier.
  • Probably the most interesting piece of evidence; both OD-10 and Cube can use data based moves. Enemies like Odio in the final chapter can dodge said data based moves.
This would give SoL speed to all the main protagonists in their final chapter key, Odio, and SoL attack speed for base Cube.

Back